You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Danny Ings

TheHowieLama

Bit like Ings needing the monkey off his back then. Which he has done. Oh and Jurgen loves Ings like he does Henderson.

It doesn’t matter with Ings, he’s a seasoned pro by now and I’ve never ever seen anything that remotely resembles a good footballer, he’ll score goes at certain clubs because he’s a striker but he’s not good enough for a top half premier league team. Solanke may or may not be good enough either but he’s 20? So the chances are after he scores he’ll get better with confidence and experience. They’re pretty much on the same level right now and that’s damning for Ings being 5/6 years older and more experienced. Right now neither are good enough replacements if Firmino was injured but I know who’ll benefit more from game time at this club and it’s Solanke.

You’re talking out of your arse I’m afraid. Pretty much every time Ings has played he’s looked lively and fitted in well to the front line. You’re clearly one of these weapons who’s judging him on the fact he hasn’t played rather than what he’s done when he has.

• Downvote 1

You’re talking out of your arse I’m afraid. Pretty much every time Ings has played he’s looked lively and fitted in well to the front line. You’re clearly one of these weapons who’s judging him on the fact he hasn’t played rather than what he’s done when he has.

Ings runs around a lot but is still shit. Yes,I'm a weapon.

Him and solanke starting tonight on the bench

Even that is a woeful statement on our squad depth.  Thank fuck our front three have stayed fit.  It would have been a completely different season if we lost any of them for even a month post Coutinho sale.

Ings always has been and always will be shite, he’s not good enough even as a sub for us. If we got anything over £10m for him I’d sell him, id rather keep Origi as a backup if he would be happy with that. Both aren’t good enough to start here, failing that Solanke will be Firminos backup, he just needs a goal to get it out of the way and get that monkey off his back.

I share your beliefs about Ings, but for me Solanke is also well short of the required level to be considered as an LFC squad player. 

They aren't decent squad players, they offer next to nothing. It's a miracle our front 3 have been fit for so long. Any more injuries and we are fucked.

Let's see what they can do at the weekend as I wouldn't let our front 3 anywhere near it

Can't afford that anymore, a loss there puts top four in Chelsea's hands and whatever shit front line you have in mind would in all likelihood lose to Stoke.

Best we can hope for is putting that one to bed early and getting a few subbed off for Wednesday.   There's a good amount of time between games and we're getting down to the wire now so we're just going to have to go all out for every game.

Its not a coincidence that when Ings came on Roma became more confident and attacked more. They did not fear Ings. He is nowhere near good enough.

In the summer ship him out to a bottom half team

It was more that they hadn't Mo to worry about, than not fearing Ings. It wouldn't have mattered who we brought on. As soon as Mo was off the field they got an erection and felt good again. It's nitpicking, but I think it was a stupid substitution.

We were fucking 5-0 up. If Salah gets injured in those last 15/20 mins people would be losing their shit. It’s a perfectly reasonable substitution to make. It’s like some people have never watched football or specifically us before. They were 5-0 down and literally had nothing to lose. They were always going to throw the kitchen sink at us in that period whether it was Salah or Ings on the pitch.

Klopp is being great manager he is by making the decisions he has to. It’s a reality that we might not win the champions league and finish 5th in the premier league. If that happens it would set us back massively. He has to balance that. Any minutes that we can give these guys a break he needs to do it. If he can’t do that at 5-0 up when can he do it.

If we didn’t “farm out” Wilson he wouldn’t have signed a new deal and would be walking away in the summer for nothing you imbecile. Do you even follow the club news or do you just have the memory of a fish? On top of it he would have played about 10 mins of football. On loan he’s found some confidence and form playing every week and will come back an open age professional who’s earned his stripes and will be ready for top flight football.

• Upvote 6

We were fucking 5-0 up. If Salah gets injured in those last 15/20 mins people would be losing their shit. It’s a perfectly reasonable substitution to make. It’s like some people have never watched football or specifically us before. They were 5-0 down and literally had nothing to lose. They were always going to throw the kitchen sink at us in that period whether it was Salah or Ings on the pitch.

Klopp is being great manager he is by making the decisions he has to. It’s a reality that we might not win the champions league and finish 5th in the premier league. If that happens it would set us back massively. He has to balance that. Any minutes that we can give these guys a break he needs to do it. If he can’t do that at 5-0 up when can he do it.

If we didn’t “farm out” Wilson he wouldn’t have signed a new deal and would be walking away in the summer for nothing you imbecile. Do you even follow the club news or do you just have the memory of a fish? On top of it he would have played about 10 mins of football. On loan he’s found some confidence and form playing every week and will come back an open age professional who’s earned his stripes and will be ready for top flight football.

Good post.