You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What has to be achieved for 16/17 to be a good season

If this is the view of most LFC fans I would like to know why because I'd think wtf is going on, all the moaning I've seen the last 18 months when we were finishing 6th at our worst and now those same fans are saying they will be happy with that next season.

We get your fume JP.

Please stop repeating it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again

in every fucking thread.

Use your brain or stop listening to those who just moan in every thread.

I hardly talk about Rodgers anymore and the point of this thread was not even about Rodgers but most chose to focus on him rather than answering the question.

As I said on the first page I've seen fans saying they would be happy with us finishing 5-6th next season with no mention of a challenge for fourth, this is when we don't have Europe next season and we have a squad which should have qualified the last two seasons.

If this is the view of most LFC fans I would like to know why because I'd think wtf is going on, all the moaning I've seen the last 18 months when we were finishing 6th at our worst and now those same fans are saying they will be happy with that next season.

The main difference is that Klopp has the track record that suggests that there will be an upward trajectory.  Rodgers was coming off the back of a 2nd place finish and was fucking stupid enough to make statements like "we will be better without Suarez" and "I'd expect a team who spent £100 million to be winning the title".  We were most definitely in a downward spiral, and he was shown up to be completely out of his depth.

Bet you can't make 5 consecutive posts on here without bringing his name into one of them.

People should either take his posts on face value or ignore them.  Or laugh at the ease with which he reels people in.  

For what it's worth, I agree with JP's posts to an extent.  Klopp has it all to do.  He has proved nothing yet.  We looked as miserable in defeat last year as we did in the previous season.  I'm not sure I see an upward trajectory.   Words are cheap.

The difference between me and JP is I want Klopp to succeed.

League position is less important for me than feeling that we are imptoving, that we end the year in a better position than we started it amd with genuine hope that things will get better still.

At least we got to 2 finals to get beat in.  I know it's scant consolation, and we're still left largely with the same nucleus of bottlers who couldn't step up to the plate, but Klopp did something twice in 8 months that Rodgers didn't in 3 years.

And anybody who doesn't want to see Klopp succeed is definitely on the wrong forum.

You're dead right, words are cheap, and Rodgers made it worse for himself by not learning to shut his yap.  Kinda like JP actually......

The main difference is that Klopp has the track record that suggests that there will be an upward trajectory. Rodgers was coming off the back of a 2nd place finish and was fucking stupid enough to make statements like "we will be better without Suarez" and "I'd expect a team who spent £100 million to be winning the title". We were most definitely in a downward spiral, and he was shown up to be completely out of his depth.

Bet you can't make 5 consecutive posts on here without bringing his name into one of them.

You lot are taking the piss or your memories are getting worse with every passing season.Ive hardly mentioned him in months even when others were talking about him because I know everyone moans whatever I say, then a thread is made and everyone's making comments so I thought why do I have to stay quiet while everyone else talks.As I said yesterday is there an unwritten rule where he can only be mentioned if he is put down.

This thread was not about him either, I asked a question and before people gave answers I reminded them that most of the fanbase wanted the last manager out for finishing 6th.Instead of answering the question people chose to find other things to moan about the last manager, imo to find other excuses for why he had to go instead of admitting 5-6th is not good enough.I was asked questions, I'm called a troll if I don't reply or if I do.

As for people saying they're bored I'm not trying to entertain you, if you don't like it don't read or respond which is what I do if I see threads I'm not interested in.

This thread was not about him either, I asked a question and before people gave answers I reminded them that most of the fanbase wanted the last manager out for finishing 6th.Instead of answering the question people chose to find other things to moan about the last manager,

A startling turn of events.

• Upvote 1

The difference between me and JP is I want Klopp to succeed.

I want Klopp to succeed, the difference is I'm not convinced he will like others.I also don't think he did good enough with the players he had last season and if he doesn't atleast put up a strong challenge for fourth this season when we are not in Europe I will think it is another poor season.

I liked the old LFC way where managers would get a proper chance so I won't want him sacked unless he fails in the next two seasons, if he does then I don't think many LFC fans will disagree he has to go at that point.

I want Klopp to succeed, the difference is I'm not convinced he will like others.I also don't think he did good enough with the players he had last season and if he doesn't atleast put up a strong challenge for fourth this season when we are not in Europe I will think it is another poor season.

I liked the old LFC way where managers would get a proper chance so I won't want him sacked unless he fails in the next two seasons, if he does then I don't think many LFC fans will disagree he has to go at that point.

You don't want him to succeed at all. You want him to fail so you can continue to masturbate furiously over 'Being Liverpool' and Rodgers oh so firm hand.

'Oooh take that Raheem'

'envelopes..ENVELOPES...EEEENNNVVVEEELLLOOOPPPPEEESSS' and I'm spent.

You don't want him to succeed at all. You want him to fail so you can continue to masturbate furiously over 'Being Liverpool' and Rodgers oh so firm hand.'Oooh take that Raheem''envelopes..ENVELOPES...EEEENNNVVVEEELLLOOOPPPPEEESSS' and I'm spent.

I'm not happy because we are in another rebuilding phase, something I've seen most of my life supporting LFC and that was the reason I didn't want a managerial change until we were sure the last manager couldn't do what was required.

I hope I am wrong and if I am I will have no problem praising Klopp or saying that I was, right now I see more transitional years ahead which is why I don't like what's happening.

any plans to make every home game this season like those united, dortmund and villareal games from the europa league run in? crowds meeting the team buses, fans singing, encouraging and inspiring from first minute to last. Everybody basking in the glory of great victories.

If we're to do anything in the league this year it'll have to be based on a great home record and with no europe shouldn't we all be trying to put together a league/top4 challenge?

• Upvote 1