You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What has to be achieved for 16/17 to be a good season

Rodgers chucked his backroom staff under the bus to save his own skin.

He's also the only Liverpool manager not to win anything in his first 3 seasons.

Tells you everything you need to know about him as a man and a manager.

He should never be mentioned in the same breath as Klopp.

What trophies did we win under Klopp again? Two massive bottle jobs in two cup finals.

I like the guy but save the blowjobs till after he actually wins something

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

What trophies did we win under Klopp again? Two massive bottle jobs in two cup finals.

I like the guy but save the blowjobs till after he actually wins something

It's not a 'blowjob' to admit, having looked objectively at both of their careers and achievements to date, that Klopp is a much more experienced and successful manager than Rodgers.

Maybe save the Rodgers blowjobs until he actually wins something, eh?

• Upvote 4

It's not a 'blowjob' to admit, having looked objectively at both of their careers and achievements to date, that Klopp is a much more experienced and successful manager than Rodgers.

Maybe save the Rodgers blowjobs until he actually wins something, eh?

Erm. he won the "Beat the Red Imps in two legs"-Cup if I'm not mistaken. I accept your apology.

• Upvote 4

Rodgers chucked his backroom staff under the bus to save his own skin.

He's also the only Liverpool manager not to win anything in his first 3 seasons.

Tells you everything you need to know about him as a man and a manager.

He should never be mentioned in the same breath as Klopp.

Fail to make much improvement in the league/win a trophy and plenty of people will want Klopp out. That's football.

Fail to make much improvement in the league/win a trophy and plenty of people will want Klopp out. That's football.

That's fair enough.

But I think we've already seen in this transfer window that he can see our deficiencies and is going about fixing things.

I steadfastly refuse to believe we won't do better this season than last, even though every other team has strengthened too.

• Upvote 1

Last season we were not far off fourth because all the big teams flopped, under Rodgers we were close to getting it but when it looked gone after the manu game the players gave up.

As for the 6-1 Rodgers took responsibility after it and said he needed better players which was his responsibility, he added quality and we beat them the first game of the new season.One off games mean nothing to me, every LFC manager has took a beating and Klopp will aswell.Ive seen many games which were worse than that for LFC including under Klopp, on that day everything Stoke hit was going in and it was a one off.

Close?  There were eight games left after the Manc game.  I like how you pin it all on the players.  Rodgers three at the back system was worked out and he couldn't respond at all - the guy was way out of his depth and couldn't cope. 

I'm not even going to respond to your blatant wummery after this although I do struggle to understand what enjoyment you get out of it.

You stated

"a strong challenge for fourth up until the end has to be the minimum requirement"

and by stating

"We sacked a manager who challenged for cl spots in his worst season"

you implied Klopp should also be sacked if he failed to attain the minimum requirement of 4th place.

You massive tart

I said we sacked a manager who challenged for cl in his last season, my question was how can fans say they would be happy with a season where we didn't challenge for cl spots if they wanted the last manager sacked for doing more than that.

I said we sacked a manager who challenged for cl in his last season, my question was how can fans say they would be happy with a season where we didn't challenge for cl spots if they wanted the last manager sacked for doing more than that.

Have you ever stuck your winkie between your legs and pretended to be a girl ?
  • Downvote 1

Close? There were eight games left after the Manc game. I like how you pin it all on the players. Rodgers three at the back system was worked out and he couldn't respond at all - the guy was way out of his depth and couldn't cope.

I'm not even going to respond to your blatant wummery after this although I do struggle to understand what enjoyment you get out of it.

Before you start calling me a wum maybe get your facts straight.Im pretty sure after the manu game we would have overtaken them or get very close if we had won, whatever the case was a loss made it look impossible at the time.

You also say his three at the back system was worked out, the way I remember it after fourth looked like it was gone Rogers went back to 4231 or 433.We played shite and he went back to three at the back against Villa in the semi, as we all know the players bottled it that day.

• Downvote 2

Before you start calling me a wum maybe get your facts straight.Im pretty sure after the manu game we would have overtaken them or get very close if we had won, whatever the case was a loss made it look impossible at the time.

You also say his three at the back system was worked out, the way I remember it after fourth looked like it was gone Rogers went back to 4231 or 433.We played shite and he went back to three at the back against Villa in the semi, as we all know the players bottled it that day.

We were one point behind the mancs before that game, so only 4 points behind them AFTER the game - certainly not insurmountable but people thought it was because of the team and how they were playing.  Even when you say Rodgers challenged for the CL in this (his third) season we only really 'challenged' between December and March when we didn't lose in the league the football was pretty workmanlike and uninspired.

We got 8 points from the last 24 that season culminating in that Stoke game.  Disgraceful.

Pennant, for the love of god and eye aids, will you please just stop talking about that cunt Rodgers.

FFS you don't even spell his fucking name right. Fuck off to the Celtic boards if you love the fucking dude so much. 

Give it a fucking rest you boring cunt. 

• Upvote 2

I hope to fuck it is better than the early part of last season. Sitting in a thoroughly pissed off Anfield watching ordinary sides taking the piss. Looking at the manager hoping he'd make some adjustments, early subs looking for a spark to make things happen. No fucking chance. Just a fucking chancer, shoulders hunched clapping like a demented seal willing the lads on while every other red in the ground couldn't be fucking arsed. Talk about going through the motions. It was truly depressing

We'll get a good idea how our season will pan out with the tough early fixtures coupled with bedding in the new blood. It could be really tough. One thing is certain though. The bone idle arseless ponces the chancer left us with won't get away with this time.

Obviously I want us to finish as high in the league, go as far as we can in the cup comps. For me though it will be about the attitude. We will come up against teams better than us. Teams who will battle for everything. As long as they show up, grow up and show some fucking bottle alongside some quality football right from the off ill be a happy red.

• Upvote 1

Pennant, for the love of god and eye aids, will you please just stop talking about that cunt Rodgers.

FFS you don't even spell his fucking name right. Fuck off to the Celtic boards if you love the fucking dude so much.

Give it a fucking rest you boring cunt.

Use your brain or stop listening to those who just moan in every thread.

I hardly talk about Rodgers anymore and the point of this thread was not even about Rodgers but most chose to focus on him rather than answering the question.

As I said on the first page I've seen fans saying they would be happy with us finishing 5-6th next season with no mention of a challenge for fourth, this is when we don't have Europe next season and we have a squad which should have qualified the last two seasons.

If this is the view of most LFC fans I would like to know why because I'd think wtf is going on, all the moaning I've seen the last 18 months when we were finishing 6th at our worst and now those same fans are saying they will be happy with that next season.

• Downvote 1