You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What has to be achieved for 16/17 to be a good season

A finish in and around the top four after our new manager has sorted out the unbalanced inadequate squad he miraculously moulded into double finalists would be more than acceptable . Especially in his first full year using players he actually bought.

A word on our transfer dealings, suddenly we are receiving decent fees for players, I understand the TV revenue increase but it is still refreshing. Buy back and sell on clauses included too. Not the sign of our new manager lacking in transfer wisdom. And a sure sign of his increased input.

Finally, it's nice to watch a top manager at work again after some of the charlatans of the last few years. Any one with a modicum of sense will realise patience is still required and even if our start is not the best would back the manager and the team. You will however always have those only too willing to jump on the bandwagon for whatever reason.

I agree and that's what I said, 5th atleast with a strong challenge for fourth.Lets not forget that this squad should have qualified the last two seasons so it's realistic to expect atleast a challenge for it.

All those making smart comments and saying I'm talking bullshit, feel free to put me right and explain why anything less than a strong challenge for fourth will be considered a good season.

It's all the other stuff you're saying or predicting will happen that people aren't agreeing with.

Benitez- 5 seasons, top 4 in 4 of those and a title challenge, plus an FA Cup and European Cup and number one ranked side in Europe.

Roy Evans- multiple title challenges, classy attacking football and some trophies.

Houllier- one title challenge along with a cup treble.

Rodgers- three seasons with 300 millions pound spent, one title challenge where we conceded 50+ goals, failure to get top four in two of those seasons and not even a final contested= "best manager in Premier League era."

That's some proper retard/troll logic.

I can remember one title challenge in 97 that was over by easter at the latest and he won the league cup in 95

Top four and a trophy would be an excellent season.  Top four would be a very good season.  A trophy would be a good season.  No trophy and no top four would be a bad season and Klopp would start to come under pressure no matter what anyone says about 5th place being acceptable, which frankly it is not.  

Top four and a trophy would be an excellent season. Top four would be a very good season. A trophy would be a good season. No trophy and no top four would be a bad season and Klopp would start to come under pressure no matter what anyone says about 5th place being acceptable, which frankly it is not.

5th should not be acceptable for Liverpool Football Club, agreed....but look at the squad we have and then can you honestly tell me it isn't acceptable?

We have a squad chocker of mid table quality, who also have a shite mentallity and that is why we are stuck as a mid table team.

Years and years of mis management and wasting money has led us to where we are.

I wish I could be more hopeful and I hope I am wrong but I fully expect us to be stuck somewhere around 6th-8th again, because the players we have just aren't any better than that. Squad is full of bollockless losers with little stomach for a fight, little to no nous and not a lot of quality - assembled for top dollar mind you!!

This shower will let us down when it really matters time and again...they'll get into the shake up for top 4 then shit all down their legs - they'll then get another opening at it and shit all down their legs again.

They will look boss for a few weeks and go on runs battering sides, then they'll drop points regularly against sides they should beat and who the top teams do and we'll all point to how we created loads of chances and were unlucky etc. before that brain dead spastic Moreno gets caught out and we concede for example to drop crucial points on too many occasions.

It's what these players do - and I don't think we have added enough balls, nous, brains or quality to change it.

Once again your physic abilities are not up to scratch.You say I'm obsessed with his forum but your on here just as much as me if not more, I don't have friends who support LFC and those who like football make people on here look like geniuses with their lack of knowledge.Im a LFC fan so like to come on here and discuss LFC, you say you live in Liverpool the city which is football mad, why are you not talking to all the reds fans around you?

The other week you said I had been acting like a wum for years on here and that I can't get women.During my time on here I supported Rafa,Kenny, Rodgers and the only manager I didn't like was Hodgson.

The only time I've talked about women on here is when I said I felt Rodgers may have been seduced and the girl in the AJ case played her part.You and others seem to find it unbelieveable a woman would play the leading role and your physic abilities tell you I'm the one who doesn't get women.

Keep assuming what you want as it doesn't bother me and I don't feel the need to tell you about my personal life as I'm on here to talk about football.Im not interested in yours either so don't feel you need to reply, I'm not assuming anything about anyone just pointing out that your logic makes no sense.

You're quite selective about the posts you reply to. Em and Kala put two very good posts on there yet you choose to ignore them.

I think you're at it myself unless you really are Jermaine Pennant who always struck me as a genuine gobshite anyway.

Keep up the good work.

• Upvote 2

You're quite selective about the posts you reply to. Em and Kala put two very good posts on there yet you choose to ignore them.

I think you're at it myself unless you really are Jermaine Pennant who always struck me as a genuine gobshite anyway.

Keep up the good work.

Quite a few posters do that though. They ignore when they have been shown-up. Code (God rest all his souls) used to do it all the time.

A good season:

Top 4

Don't really care much about the domestic cups at this moment. If we should be losing sight of top 4, I'll welcome a cup run (or two), but it's all about the league for me this year. If we finish just outside top 4 it won't necessarily have been a bad season (if everyone of our competitors click into gear it will be a struggle). 70 points should be a realistic target. If we can get to that I won't be too unhappy even if we miss out on CL football.

I think we'll do it (top 4) by the way. The lack of Euro football should help us play Klopp's high-tempo game even more effectively in his 2nd season. Think we'll surprise quite a few people this season. We don't have too many star names, but I think we'll be more cohesive, and we're building a side with great pace and stamina. Our incomings and reported targets all fit the bill of a more physical side than what we've had since Houllier left us.

5th should not be acceptable for Liverpool Football Club, agreed....but look at the squad we have and then can you honestly tell me it isn't acceptable?

We have a squad chocker of mid table quality, who also have a shite mentallity and that is why we are stuck as a mid table team.

I wish I could be more hopeful and I hope I am wrong but I fully expect us to be stuck somewhere around 6th-8th again, because the players we have just aren't any better than that. Squad is full of bollockless losers with little stomach for a fight, little to no nous and not a lot of quality - assembled for top dollar mind you!!

This shower will let us down when it really matters time and again...they'll get into the shake up for top 4 then shit all down their legs - they'll then get another opening at it and shit all down their legs again.

They will look boss for a few weeks and go on runs battering sides, then they'll drop points regularly against sides they should beat and who the top teams do and we'll all point to how we created loads of chances and were unlucky etc. before that brain dead spastic Moreno gets caught out and we concede for example to drop crucial points on too many occasions.

It's what these players do - and I don't think we have added enough balls, nous, brains or quality to change it.

if hes not happy with his squad and his chances this season then he strikes me as the sort of person who wouldnt hang about. after this window, he has the christmas window to add to it, after that its his squad. if he wanted to, he could sell them all and bring in a whole new crop. hes chosen not to walk or sell everyone.

Keep up the good work.

Read through the thread and you will see I did reply to Kal, Em listed managers at LFC who did well.I liked all the ones he mentioned and wanted none of them to go at the times they did, when I said Rodgers did the best in the prem era I am

obviously talking about in the league.The only time we had it in our own hands was under Rodgers, under GH and Rafa we needed teams to fuck up for us to have a chance.

All these posts about the squad being fucking shit and full of bottlers is getting tiring, frankly. Aside from the midfield, the squad really isn't bad. We scored the most goals in the league in the second half of the season and we conceded the second fewest chances during the entirety of the season. The attack and defense are fine.

Klopp should have won two trophies with this squad last season and this summer he's now added to it with six signings and a left back still to come. There should be no excuses if we don't improve this season.

If we don't at least make top 4 or win a trophy, it will have been a failure. Simple as that. This narrative that the players will let Klopp down and it won't be his fault is a load of crap.

Everyone agrees that a strong challenge for 4th will be a good season. However most also accept that it's not the end of Klopp if it doesn't happen.

I've never said it should be, I asked what had to happen for us to say it was a good season.I won't be saying it was a good season if we finish 5-6th and haven't put up a strong challenge for fourth.I wouldn't want Klopp to be sacked unless we were flirting with relegation, he should get a learning season with his own players and the season after next getting 4th should then be the minimum requirement.

I've never said it should be, I asked what had to happen for us to say it was a good season.I won't be saying it was a good season if we finish 5-6th and haven't put up a strong challenge for fourth.I wouldn't want Klopp to be sacked unless we were flirting with relegation, he should get a learning season with his own players and the season after next getting 4th should then be the minimum requirement.

If you'd put it that way in the opening post, you wouldn't have attracted so much opprobrium over the last few pages.

All these posts about the squad being fucking shit and full of bottlers is getting tiring, frankly. Aside from the midfield, the squad really isn't bad. We scored the most goals in the league in the second half of the season and we conceded the second fewest chances during the entirety of the season.

Klopp should have won two trophies with this squad last season and this summer he's now added to it with six signings and a left back still to come. There should be no excuses if we don't improve this season.

If we don't at least make top 4 or win a trophy, it will have been a failure. Simple as that. This narrative that the players will let Klopp down and it won't be his fault is a load of crap.

I never said it won't be his fault.

I did say the squad is full of shite and bottlers because it is - as they have proven time and time again.

To say our defence is fine is just beyond my comprehension it is fucking shite - we can't defend a corner to save our lives, we get bullied, we have a left back with positional sense of Maureen Rees on the M62 blindfold and a keeper who lets in just about every shot on target he faces....yes we have another one but he is unproven as yet.

You say he should have won a trophy with this squad...why didn't he? Answer....because they bottled it...

Yes we have bought but so have our rivals...i am not massively enthused by what we have bought - i hope i am proven wrong and they turn out to be good buys.

All these posts about the squad being fucking shit and full of bottlers is getting tiring, frankly. Aside from the midfield, the squad really isn't that bad. We scored the most goals in the league in the second half of the season and we conceded the second fewest chances during the entirety of the season.

Klopp should have won two trophies with this squad last season and this summer he's now added to it with six signings and a left back still to come.

The squad is mostly pretty good and if we don't at least make top 4 or win a trophy, it will have been a failure. Simple as that. The narrative that the players will let Klopp down and it won't be his fault is a load of crap.

spot on. this squad have been involved in league challenges, cup semi finals, cup finals, Europe. they have plenty of experience from last 3 seasons. we have consistently got to at least the last 4 of major cup comps. yes they have bottled it time and again but this is the challenge for klopp to turn them into winners. he obviously thinks he can do it with them.

I, frankly, don't.  I'm not happy if we don't finish 4th.  I'm gutted if we weren't challenging for it.

We need stability as a platform for growth under Klopp.   Finish better every year... try to challenge for CL spots every goddamn year for the next decade and we'll finish up there sometimes, out of it sometimes, and likely pick up a trophy challenge or two.

Sure, I want us to win everything, every year, but that's not reality.  

If we even manage to win the league next year; I wouldn't expect to just challenge for the league next year.  So many variables.   Minimum requirement should be: "Not being embarrassed by LFC's season" --- Ultimately, why Rodgers was sacked.  

About time. A sensible post.

If you'd put it that way in the opening post, you wouldn't have attracted so much opprobrium over the last few pages.

I see the problem now as I didn't put a question mark in the thread title, I was asking the question not saying my first post is the way it is.Thats why I was saying earlier on noone was answering the question, my mistake.

I see the problem now as I didn't put a question mark in the thread title, I was asking the question not saying my first post is the way it is.Thats why I was saying earlier on noone was answering the question, my mistake.

No, punctuation wasn't the issue.

The immediate reference to Rodgers in the very first sentence was the issue.

I, and I would imagine many others, simply rolled my eyes and said 'For fucks sake, not again'.