You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sega Is Matching Nintendo’s Mini-NES

Grinch

http://uproxx.com/gammasquad/mini-genesis-mega-drive-sonic-25th-anniversary-nes-classic/

Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle  (Miracle world was a much better game)
Alien Storm
Altered Beast
Arrow Flash
Bonanza Bros.
Chakan: The Forever Man
Columns
Columns III
ComixZone
Crack Down
DecapAttack
Dr. Robotnik’sMean Bean Machine
ESWAT: City Under Siege
Eternal Champions
Fatal Labyrinth
Flicky
Gain Ground
Golden Axe
Golden Axe II
Golden Axe III
Jewel Master
Kid Chameleon
Mortal Kombat I
Mortal Kombat II
Mortal Kombat III
Phantasy Star 2
Phantasy Star 3
Ristar
Shadow Dancer: The Secret of Shinobi
Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
Sonic & Knuckles
Sonic Spinball
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog II
Sonic 3D Blast
Sword of Varmilion
The Ooze
Vectorman
Vectorman II

These are the Sega Puzzle games that are not quite as enticing, but hey.

Adventure in the Park
Cross the road
Jack’s Pea
Jewel Magic
Curling 2010
Plumbing Contest
Wall-Breaking
Bubble Master
Break a Fireline
Mahjong Solitaire
Warehouse Keeper
Chess
Memory
Snake
Air Hockey
Spider
Naval Power
Mr. Balls
Cannon
Fight or Lose
Bottle Taps Race
Bomber
Checker
Hexagonos
Whack-A-Wolf
Mirror Mirror
Panic Lift
Black Sheep
Flash Memory
Brain Switch
Mega Brain Switch
Hidden Agenda
Dominant Amber
Hide and Seek
Jura Formula
Lost World Sudoku
Meatloaf Rotation
Mya Master Mind
Skeleton Scale
T-Rex Memory Match
Yawning Triceratops

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-Classic-Mini-Nintendo-Entertainment-System/Nintendo-Classic-Mini-Nintendo-Entertainment-System-1124287.html

The included titles are:     Balloon Fight BUBBLE BOBBLE Castlevania™ Castlevania II: Simon’s Quest™ Donkey Kong Donkey Kong Jr. DOUBLE DRAGON II: THE REVENGE Dr. Mario Excitebike FINAL FANTASY® Galaga™ GHOSTS‘N GOBLINS™ GRADIUS™ Ice Climber Kid Icarus Kirby’s Adventure Mario Bros. MEGA MAN™ 2 Metroid NINJA GAIDEN® PAC-MAN™ Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream StarTropics SUPER C™ Super Mario Bros. Super Mario Bros. 2 Super Mario Bros. 3 Tecmo Bowl™ The Legend of Zelda Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

Damn, got my hopes up there. It's not really matching it, as the appeal of the Mini NES is that it's a scaled down replica of the console and has an authentic pad. A handheld console that can play Mega Drive games is something people have had for years via emulation. 

A mini SNES would have been much better.

I think it's only a matter of time. 

Acouple weeks back Nintendo announced that they’d be putting the 31 year-old NES back into production — as a miniaturized console with 30 pre-loaded games. Well, now Sega wants to bring one of its retro consoles back from the dead. The officially licensed mini-Mega Drive will sport 80 stored games and let you plug in your original cartridges. Sounds great, right? Well, as always, there’s a catch.

For one, the mini-Mega Drive won’t be manufactured by Sega. It’s an “officially licensed” product, not exactly the real deal. And as GamesRadar reported, the manufacturer, AtGames has a reputation for producing less-than-stellar retro consoles. Best known for consoles like the Atari Flashback and the generically named “Classic Game Console,” At Games’s emulation is janky to say the least

I've got the Sensible Soccer plug in and play that came out a few years back. It's pretty good.

I've now got it on the Wii, the laptop, the PSP and my phone. Can never have too much access to Sensi!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sensible-Soccer-Plus-Plug-Games/dp/B000B600X0

I want one. They're £35 second hand on there but I've just looked and you can get one for £20 on eBay. I'll be picking one up to restore balance in my house. My step-son has just started beating me at PES and it's getting on my nerves. The little bastard is always on it on the PS4 and I'm not up to speed with the new mechanisms on it. Up until now I've been able to kick his arse on footy games and I'm not comfortable with this new development.

• Upvote 1

It is a console with old school controllers

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3816789.htm?CMPID=GS001&_$ja=tsid:59156|cid:189934525|agid:18091995445|tid:aud-158518126633:pla-137857885525|crid:77627771845|nw:g|rnd:13628830423495944734|dvc:c|adp:1o1&gclid=CMP-u9aVlM4CFQQz0wod9NgCOQ

80 games built in and got a port for cartridges, looks much better than the nintendo version.

No ToeJam and Earl, I'm out. No Ecco or Cool Spot either...

It's also missing the Mega Drive's greatest platformer, Earthworm Jim.

I actually have the NES one on order, not decided on whether I'm keeping that order or not, I just wanted to get it in there.  I haven't played enough of those games and those I have played, I haven't played enough. I think it's a great idea to have a silly little box I can use to actually play something classic and enjoyable without the need for internet connectivity.

Can see it becoming a dependable fall back for that week or so when you move and don't have broadband set up. But like I say, might well decide to cancel at any point as it was an impulsive order made because Mario and Zelda are always great.

Never had a games machine back then (PS was my first proper one for christmas in 97, until then we were a second hand Amstrad household... okay a year or so of having a PC before the PS) and my mates had Megadrive (which we played endlessly), but looking back there's not really much comparison between the games, Nintendo were much better.

Redknight what games do you have for your nes ? ive collected a few games over the last year, think i have around 100 games now, and i have about 20snes. 

Retron5 is the right way to play the old games on a new TV, the console has filter options so the games actually look pretty decent. 

Redknight what games do you have for your nes ? ive collected a few games over the last year, think i have around 100 games now, and i have about 20snes. 

Retron5 is the right way to play the old games on a new TV, the console has filter options so the games actually look pretty decent. 

My NES collection is quite small as it's made up of the games as I had as a kid and NES carts have become ridiculously expensive in the last few years.

Super Mario Bros 1, 2 & 3

Gremlins 2

Zelda II

Double Dragon

To the Earth

Duck Hunt

Star Wars

Golf

Snake Rattle 'n' Roll

Cobra Triangle

Probotector

Gradius

Life Force

Duck Tales

There might be one or two that I've forgotten. The SNES is equally difficult to buy games cheaply for. I wish I could go back to 2002 when all of these games cost like a £1, I'd have cleaned up.

That's a decent little collection. I was going to pick up another SNES recently, but the cost of carts and even battered consoles put me off. Everything on Ebay is listed as "rare" and priced accordingly.

If I was to go down that route I think I'd just grab an Everdrive cart and settle for having a proper console and pad. It'd take up less room too.

I'll probably still pre-order a Mini NES though.

That's a decent little collection. I was going to pick up another SNES recently, but the cost of carts and even battered consoles put me off. Everything on Ebay is listed as "rare" and priced accordingly.

If I was to go down that route I think I'd just grab an Everdrive cart and settle for having a proper console and pad. It'd take up less room too.

I'll probably still pre-order a Mini NES though.

Opportunists have worked out that retro games are a lucrative business. If you want Zelda or Metroid on the SNES then be prepared to pay too much. Even games like Sunset Riders (a game I can remember being heavily advertised in games mags of the time) is selling for minimum £60.

I only managed to get Castlevania for the Mega Drive for under £25 by sheer luck.

Yeah, what astounds me is how little effort is being made with most modern dealers. Years ago, I sold a bunch of old consoles to a proper retro shop, and the fella was a genuine enthusiast, he'd steam old boxes to flatten them out, strip parts to assemble good Gameboys, sort out yellowed consoles etc.

To be honest, I reckon modern gaming has ruined me to some of the classics anyway. I've become cosy in a world of regenerating health, check points and rest mode.

I picked up a handheld recently so I could dabble with some emulation, and I'm hoping that helps me get back into the 16 bit era and a few PS1 titles I missed out on.

• 1 month later...