You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

US Election Thread 2016

Red Phoenix

I'll watch the first hour. I don't think I've watched one of these before but this election is gripping. I still think Trump has a massive chance, I doubt that video will do as much damage as hoped for.

It feels like Achilles last stand, to me. He's under a lot of pressure and I can see this getting quite nasty, might say something that jumps the shark, even for him. Or that's what I'm hoping, at least.

Hasn't there already been a poll that had 90% of Republican voters saying it hadn't altered their opinion of Trump?

I agree with TK, don't think it will make too much difference, everyone knew that Trump was a crazy racist misogynist already.

The few undecided on the right might vote for Johnson instead, but dyed in the wool reps hate Hillary too much to vote for her.

He has. Does he know he's up against Hillary, not Bill.

The last desperate throw of the dice by a beaten man? Particularly considering that two of the accusers have in the past withdrew their allegations, one by a sworn affidavit?

Also, in the past, Trump stuck up for Clinton when these allegations were made and slagged off the accusing women.

Oh look, Donald exploiting women again.

He won't. They've got nothing to do with Bill Clinton.

Bill Clinton had Podesta in his administration as Chief of Staff, he's in on it too!

Turning it on shortly, no way was I watching the build up. If it's not the maddest debate in the history of debates I want my money back.

Trump brought up emails, wikileaks, told Hillary she'd be in jail if he wins. CIA Cooper told the audience they were wasting time by clapping and cheering? What a Hillary owned CIA fraud that cunt is.

Wow, Trump is wasting her here. Surely he can't keep this up, but it's still mad to see. I didn't think he'd bring it up like this.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Trump could destroy her further here by bringing up US funding and arming Al-Qaeda in Syria, can't see him doing it though. Denying he was for Iraq war is completely false I think. He's starting to go back to his usual self after that start, it was impossible that he'd keep it up really.

Haha, Trump to moderators : "She goes a minute over, you don't stop her. I go one second.....very interesting."

He's weak on what he'd do in Syria, seems to be dodging it and has never really come up with a good answer. I dread what both of them would do regarding Syria to be honest. Clinton says arm Kurds and go after ISIS in Raqqa, fair enough. I could actually see that as a sensible strategy for a president and one of the best ways of defeating ISIS. But she's lying as well. She'll be against Assad and the Syrian army, against Russia, against Iran, she basically said it a short while ago. Drop the no fly zone shit too if you're bothered about not risking a world war, you fucking fruit.

She's too obsessed with Russia to be believable. Let's not forget that she blames all of these leaks on them too.

They're both fucked in the head on foreign policy by the looks of it.

Clinton : "Get dark, unaccountable money out of our politics." Yeah, you sound really convincing.

Good idea from twitter :

@BrandonEsWolf 5 minutes ago

We're running out of time. Anderson, ask them about the clown sightings!

Was half thinking Trump was going to say something insane at the end there. I'd say he won this one personally because he attacked her on a lot of stuff that I never thought he'd bring up. He made her look like the fraud she is quite a lot. He also seemed calm throughout, I'm actually shocked. I still don't like him though, and he sounds like he could wreak havoc with foreign policy, the environment, and many other things, just like.....well, most recent presidents.

Glad it's over.

The NY Times fact checking of the debate. The only things Trump got right was the emails and Bill's fine.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/10/09/us/elections/fact-check-debate.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

Non US viewers everywhere wonder if the US can just detach itself from the planet and float off into space...