Unrighteous

Georginio Wijnaldum

48 minutes ago, dave u said:

I doubt he lost any sleep over it and it certainly didn't affect his performances. I don't blame him for calling it out though. He's playing his arse off, sacrificing his attacking play to do the job the team needs from him, he's available every single week without fail and then he logs onto his social media and there are loads of little nonces telling him to get out of their club because they want Keita in the team or Thiago to join us.

He should have just responded to a few of them by telling them to fuck off and calling them FIFA virgins, or if he wanted to take a higher road post up pictures of the Barcelona game.

The only thing I'd say to him if I had the chance is that for every one of those comments there will have been loads more supporting him. I'm not saying it was just a handful of knobs as it was more than that, but they're still only a tiny percentage of the overall fanbase.

"The fans inside the stadium and those on social media are different". Yes and no. There are more clueless dickheads on social media than in the stadium but it's also about which comments stand out to you the most. Gini probably scrolled past loads of supportive messages and it will be the knobhead comments that caught his eye.

In the stadium if you have a hundred people sitting there muttering "Fuck off Wijnaldum" and ten thousand singing his name, he's only going to be aware of the ones singing his name.

He needs to look at it with a different perspective, but he wasn't wrong with what he said. He's just over-stated it.

It's the fact that he seems to be using it as an excuse for his massive wage hike and transfer and I don't remember him saying much about it at the time either. If you don't want to see or hear abuse then don't use the cesspool that calls itself twitter. If I know that then a footballer who is almost half my age certainly does.

PS,if any of those comments were racist he has every right to report them to the authorities and call them out.

1 hour ago, s(k)aturation said:

Abuse from hundreds... count them - HUNDREDS of people on twitter.  Poor Gini.

I would just retreat to my mansion and cool off in the pool. Footballers criticised for their performances, unheard of.

49 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

The amount of genuinely sickening bile that Rashford has had to put up with and Gini does this?

Talk about out of touch.

At least he's at a family club now, where he can thrive under their protection and with their support.

You can't put on price on that sort of thing.  But, you can try, I guess.

On 26/07/2021 at 06:34, Anubis said:

Sorry, but he’s poured a blob of ink on his copy book. Did the Internet dickheads cause him to shaft Barcelona within hours of PSG calling offering even more money. He went for money (and I’ve no problem with that) but don’t try to claim it was the Internet. It was money, pure and simple.

Yeah, I agree. The thing I don't understand is it seems pretty obvious that this is a problem for all footballers, it's not unique to individuals or clubs. Surely he'll get the same type of thing at psg? Or is this just UK problem. 

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

Yeah, I agree. The thing I don't understand is it seems pretty obvious that this is a problem for all footballers, it's not unique to individuals or clubs. Surely he'll get the same type of thing at psg? Or is this just UK problem. 

Grass is always greener. Especially when you've got an agent in your ear.