You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Georginio Wijnaldum

Unrighteous

It's kinda crazy that we've, finally, actually have a lot of decent players that are getting pushed onto the bench in a "best XI" talk, and some actual confusion on who is in our best XI and such. 

It hasn't really seemed like that ever... We've recently been a side who had a solid first XI, and nothing behind it.

• Upvote 1

It's kinda crazy that we've, finally, actually have a lot of decent players that are getting pushed onto the bench in a "best XI" talk, and some actual confusion on who is in our best XI and such.

It hasn't really seemed like that ever... We've recently been a side who had a solid first XI, and nothing behind it.

It's confusing as it's hard to pick between how many average midfielders we should start in the first eleven
  • Upvote 3

so many attacking players but so little space for them all to play in.

whatever formation klopp decides to play whether its 4231 or 433 every single player we have from midfield on wants to get forward.

2 of can henderson milner grujic all want to get forward and will crowd the space of 3 of coutinho firmino mane wijnaldum and lallana ahead of them.

interesting to see what the plan is once the games start.

Wijnaldum’s versatility was one of the reasons why Klopp was so keen to secure his services.

In the manager’s favoured 4-2-3-1 formation, the Reds boss says the Dutchman would be equally influential as one of the three attackers behind the frontman or as one of his two more defensively minded midfielders.

“For sure he can play in one of those advanced roles or deeper in a two,” Klopp added.

“He can also play either side in a 4-3-3. He can play in five or six different positions. That’s one of the things I really like about him.

“In whatever position he has ever played, he has always been a threat to the goal. That’s what he brings. He never forgets direction. He passes and then he goes.

“He pushes up after he has passed the ball and makes himself an option just a second later. He’s a complete footballer who is nice to have.”

Maybe the word "Friendly" in the clip title is relevant to that. I'll go with Klopp's assessment I think.

That would've applied if by one pace I meant slow... It's the other way around. I don't think he's capable of controlling the game at all from midfield. Granted, I've only seen him play various AM positions for Newcastle... Surely he wasnt bought to play there?

That would've applied if by one pace I meant slow... It's the other way around. I don't think he's capable of controlling the game at all from midfield. Granted, I've only seen him play various AM positions for Newcastle... Surely he wasnt bought to play there?

Klopp has specifically said today he can play in a central two or further forward. That's just Klopp's opinion of course, it might not turn out that way - it will do for me.

Klopp has specifically said today he can play in a central two or further forward. That's just Klopp's opinion of course, it might not turn out that way - it will do for me.

I don't think he can play in a central two. Him and Can would be like headless chooks in the middle. We need like a Hamann or a Xabi.

I don't think he can play in a central two. Him and Can would be like headless chooks in the middle. We need like a Hamann or a Xabi.

You may not think so, but Klopp was quoted saying that he does...  Oddly enough, he seems to have some knowledge on the subject of football.

You may not think so, but Klopp was quoted saying that he does... Oddly enough, he seems to have some knowledge on the subject of football.

That's not very good for discussions is it? Klopp has made and will make mistakes, and we're here to discuss them amongst other things.

That's not very good for discussions is it? Klopp has made and will make mistakes, and we're here to discuss them amongst other things.

I don't think anyone said you couldn't express your view, it's just that klopps counter view is being used in argument for the other position

• Upvote 1