You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Georginio Wijnaldum

Unrighteous

What  do Bayern and Barcelona see that we are not prepared to invest in next three years. Look how we have ,rightly, treated and used Milner into his 30s . Ok wages high but at least you are getting premiership proven . Kieta example of how buying outside premiership a risk. 

Excited about the prospect for Alonso 2.0 ongoing recriminations here. If you ask me the cunt is after the preferential tax rates in Spain. Serving notice that anyone expressing the same view as me on this will receive an 'excellent read' and a rep.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

I genuinely hope he’ll do well over there, I don’t really see it as he’s not a typical Barca player... he doesn’t see much of the ball. I reckon Bayern would’ve been a better move for him.

4 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

I find this hard to believe, a lower salary than he was on at Liverpool and just a three year contract.

2 minutes ago, Elite said:

Maybe he wants to live somewhere sunny. Can't blame him.

That is not gonna fly - he has alot of goodwill. The interwebz will crush him if he goes on to sign for less while pretending to be all LFC'ish.

The only fella this deal would make any sense to is his agent.

Is it his brother??

7 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Yeah. It is a pretty simple question, to be fair. The point isn’t (just) to make him look daft, it’s to get his mind to the point where he tries to answer it and the realisation must then be ‘oh, shit, there’s literally no other team in the word in the history of football that I can point to who he can’t turn around and say ‘yeah, but what about…’ and name a shit player and the logical conclusion is that what I am really saying is that I will only trust people with an entirely perfect record, which doesn’t exist, so maybe my argument is wrong’, but you’re right it’ll just be ‘but what about Keita’ or ‘FSG suck’. 

People seem to be so swayed by their biases these days. I mean, of course it happened before but it’s rife now. It’s not about objectivity or being right or whatever, it’s about scoring points for your own belief system. It’s not just footy but the wider world. It’s a pain in the arse. 

Anyway, I’m not sure I could name a group of people who I trust to get it more right than the current team at Liverpool. They’re not perfect, nobody is, but the hit rate is crazy high and the money has been tight. So… who does Daisy trust? You know, other than Daisy.  

Ah youse two flirting is cute, do it some more.Stick a big dildo up his arse then i'm interested. 

If you check what I said - I don't trust them to bring in a replacement as good as Gini who isn't a crock. 

You mention Konate, but he is a massive fucking gamble. He's injury prone and they are rolling the dice with him just like they did with our season (and next season for that matter) by signing Ben Davies to replace Van Dyke. 

Their strategy is just as much about luck as it is judgement. 

7 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Yeah. It is a pretty simple question, to be fair. The point isn’t (just) to make him look daft, it’s to get his mind to the point where he tries to answer it and the realisation must then be ‘oh, shit, there’s literally no other team in the word in the history of football that I can point to who he can’t turn around and say ‘yeah, but what about…’ and name a shit player and the logical conclusion is that what I am really saying is that I will only trust people with an entirely perfect record, which doesn’t exist, so maybe my argument is wrong’, but you’re right it’ll just be ‘but what about Keita’ or ‘FSG suck’. 

People seem to be so swayed by their biases these days. I mean, of course it happened before but it’s rife now. It’s not about objectivity or being right or whatever, it’s about scoring points for your own belief system. It’s not just footy but the wider world. It’s a pain in the arse. 

Anyway, I’m not sure I could name a group of people who I trust to get it more right than the current team at Liverpool. They’re not perfect, nobody is, but the hit rate is crazy high and the money has been tight. So… who does Daisy trust? You know, other than Daisy.  

Ah youse two flirting is cute, do it some more.Stick a big dildo up his arse then i'm interested. 

If you check what I said - I don't trust them to bring in a replacement as good as Gini who isn't a crock. 

You mention Konate, but he is a massive fucking gamble. He's injury prone and they are rolling the dice with him just like they did with our season (and next season for that matter) by signing Ben Davies to replace Van Dyke. 

4 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Who. Do. You. Trust. 

2 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

I find this hard to believe, a lower salary than he was on at Liverpool and just a three year contract.

Doesn't say lesser salary than Liverpool

Likely a lesser salary than Inter or PSG offered him. 

If he has signed for under the 70k a week he was on here, he has got one massive signing on bonus to cover the rest. 

On 22/07/2016 at 01:13, Razoray said:

Wasn't Didi the last midfielder that we bought from them? Played one season in the league with the barcodes,moved to us. Anything close to 1 big ears, a europa, 2 fa cups and 2 league cups and I'd be very happy.

Fucken-A man!!! 

47 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

If he has signed for under the 70k a week he was on here, he has got one massive signing on bonus to cover the rest. 

Good grief, do you really think the player signed for 70k a week 5 years ago and his contract didnt have an annual uplift? He wouldnt have stayed here for 3 years never mind 5.

17 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Good grief, do you really think the player signed for 70k a week 5 years ago and his contract didnt have an annual uplift? He wouldnt have stayed here for 3 years never mind 5.

Agree in a way, think it's more how we do low-ish bases with loads of performance and milestone incentives. Winning us no. 6 and 19 would have probably boosted him way up then. 

4 hours ago, Daisy said:

Posting it twice just makes you look twice the prick.

Just cut to the chase and rant about FSG.  Don't forget to remind us what a shit Chelsea reject Salah is too.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Exactly this. 
Barcelona, us, Inter and PSG would have all offered similar sums.

If you’re a multi-millionaire, the difference of an extra £10k a week might be less important than where you live and professional enjoyment.

Personally I think that Aguero and Wijnaldum are two exceptional players who are nonetheless odd choices for a side whose biggest concern is having too many well-paid ageing stars (and therefore paying Suarez half of his salary whilst he leads one of their rivals to the title). But I wish him all the best as think they’ll love him. 

Yeah, strange move

Going to a unstable club with old players and a manager on his way out in the near future. 

But when you have won everything to win, a good wage on offer, one of your best mates likely joining you a few years in Barcelona doesn't sound bad way to wrap up your top flight career really. Think Bayern would have been a better fit myself but winter in Germany or winter in Spain