Quantcast
Georginio Wijnaldum - Page 80 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Unrighteous

Georginio Wijnaldum

Recommended Posts

On 03/01/2021 at 17:10, Butch said:

Can't see the problem of offering him a 3 year contract, he's rarely injured and has lots of energy. He can be another millie and play till he's 35. Those 2 seem to be the fittest players at the club for their age. He's a important player in the team. 

He seems like a great lad and that is nearly as important around the place as the fact he is such a good player. Over the next two years the likes of Harvey Elliot will be breaking into the team and the Ginis of this world will be needed to guide them through the years when they could act the knobhead without good pros around the place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

He seems like a great lad and that is nearly as important around the place as the fact he is such a good player. Over the next two years the likes of Harvey Elliot will be breaking into the team and the Ginis of this world will be needed to guide them through the years when they could act the knobhead without good pros around the place. 

He is 4th captain , remember Jurgen saying the squad had a personal poll and after Hendo and BGJ he said third and fourth were ' the Dutch guys'.( resisted a Danish gag )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sir roger said:

He is 4th captain , remember Jurgen saying the squad had a personal poll and after Hendo and BGJ he said third and fourth were ' the Dutch guys'.( resisted a Danish gag )

I love him Sir Roger. Reckon he'd be boss to go for a beer with.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

I love him Sir Roger. Reckon he'd be boss to go for a beer with.

Not sure how many he would be able to drink, Ronnie, he walked past me in Liverpool One last year and he is tiny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Not sure how many he would be able to drink, Ronnie, he walked past me in Liverpool One last year and he is tiny.

It's always the small ones Sir Roger thar can drink you under the table.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's probably looking at a 35 year old milner taking home 120k a week, offering fuck all for a few years now and thinking I'm worth more than that. 

 

Who can blame him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, No2 said:

Today would be a bad day for Gini to mention a pay rise.

he didn't have a great game. i think he has looked a little like he's lacking energy. hopefully this break till the mancs will sort him out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, No2 said:

Today would be a bad day for Gini to mention a pay rise.

 

It would be a great day.  Point at the player who replaced our right back having the worst game he's had and yet he somehow managed to make us even worse. 

 

120k a week at 35.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grinch said:

 

It would be a great day.  Point at the player who replaced our right back having the worst game he's had and yet he somehow managed to make us even worse. 

 

120k a week at 35.

OK, so pointing out how shit he will be in 4 years is a good negotiating tactic?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disappointing news if true but I guess Koeman's been in his ear about how lovely the weather is in Barcelona compared to Liverpool, how he'd get a big fat signing on fee and wages equal to what he's on with us.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Disappointing news if true but I guess Koeman's been in his ear about how lovely the weather is in Barcelona compared to Liverpool, how he'd get a big fat signing on fee and wages equal to what he's on with us.

Gini'll be fine for a holiday in the Barcelona area with Red Ron, but not sure Koeman will have any link with Barcelona's football team by then.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Disappointing news if true but I guess Koeman's been in his ear about how lovely the weather is in Barcelona compared to Liverpool, how he'd get a big fat signing on fee and wages equal to what he's on with us.

Prolly not.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We can pay Milner 120k per week for a 1½ more, which is outrageous. He was already finished when he got that contract. And we can't pay steady Eddie a decent wage compared. it really is a joke. Milner might be a good influence in the dressing room, but his days of offering any thing playing wise is long gone. Gini have at least 3 years in him and I understand why he might be pissed getting offered fuck all compared to his contribution to the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Milner is a leader, it’s priceless.

 

Wiknaldim is a good player, but he has more to loose than us really. 
 

He will be leaving a very good team for a middle range one in crisis should he go to Barcelona.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

According to the Echo, the Mirror is now running with he hasnt turned down the new contract offer yet.
 

Scroll down to 14:59 https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-transfer-news-rumours-mbappe-19570113

Wouldn't you think the Echo would just have it's own take on it. Fucking useless waste of bog roll.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gini is great in the role that Klopp uses him in but he's more than capable of scoring 10-12 per season if he's played in a more advanced role. If its true he's miles behind Milner in the wages stakes then he probably does deserve to be paid more.

Plus as others have said he's hardly ever injured. He's also blessed with a great smile so on that fact alone I say pay the man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

Wouldn't you think the Echo would just have it's own take on it. Fucking useless waste of bog roll.

Suppose. But then they get accused of being the club's mouthpiece I guess?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Arnaud said:

Milner is a leader, it’s priceless.

 

Wiknaldim is a good player, but he has more to loose than us really. 
 

He will be leaving a very good team for a middle range one in crisis should he go to Barcelona.

Gini is also a leader - he is one of the 4 captains at the club. And unlike some of the others, actually gets on the pitch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×