You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Georginio Wijnaldum

Unrighteous

1 hour ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

He's our only midfielder that doesn't get fucking injured and one of the few in the squad full of crocks and players made from glass.

It'll be fucking lunacy if he leaves for us for us being tight cunts. He should be on the same as what Ox is on for example.

Im all for giving Gini a new contract which the club have offered. But when you're raking in 100,000+ grand a week, what difference does another 25 or 50 grand a week make to your life style?

Even if we've offered Gini 150,000 grand a week for 3 years and he wants 4 years, in reality, what difference does the 4th year make to him if the club decided to sell after year 2?

Anyone who believes Gini is still on the 75 grand a week when he signed is very much mistaken because the player contracts have an annual rise built in and we pay shitloads of bonuses.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

32 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Im all for giving Gini a new contract which the club have offered. But when you're raking in 100,000+ grand a week, what difference does another 25 or 50 grand a week make to your life style?

Even if we've offered Gini 150,000 grand a week for 3 years and he wants 4 years, in reality, what difference does the 4th year make to him if the club decided to sell after year 2?

Anyone who believes Gini is still on the 75 grand a week when he signed is very much mistaken because the player contracts have an annual rise built in and we pay shitloads of bonuses.

I couldn't really give a fuck about all that to be honest. Same applies to every player.

Just give him what he wants. Been boss this season and integral of part of this team and our recent success.

He could easily play at this level well into his 30's as he's a machine. I can't think of a player out there that could replace him in terms of what he does.

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

I couldn't really give a fuck about all that to be honest. Same applies to every player.

Just give him what he wants. Been boss this season and integral of part of this team and our recent success.

He could easily play at this level well into his 30's as he's a machine. I can't think of a player out there that could replace him in terms of what he does.

I've heard that Thiago is good. Why don't we sign him?

• Upvote 1

On 28/12/2020 at 12:21, dockers_strike said:

Utter fucking nonsense. What difference does 50k per week make? It's 10m over a 4 year contract, of course it makes a difference. 

• Downvote 1

53 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Utter fucking nonsense. What difference does 50k per week make? It's 10m over a 4 year contract, of course it makes a difference. 

You do spout shite barry. You've been gobbing off before about players getting an extra 50 grand a week and what difference does it make when you're on 150 grand a week.

And you still avoid answering the question, instead just spouting your drivel across the forum.

It is funny reading you do a complete 180 flip when it suit though. Maybe you and your mate Herpes McDerp should swap a few kisses? Second thoughts, maybe not. Happy New Year!

On 28/12/2020 at 07:21, dockers_strike said:

You are kidding right?

10 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

You do spout shite barry. You've been gobbing off before about players getting an extra 50 grand a week and what difference does it make when you're on 150 grand a week.

And you still avoid answering the question, instead just spouting your drivel across the forum.

It is funny reading you do a complete 180 flip when it suit though. Maybe you and your mate Herpes McDerp should swap a few kisses? Second thoughts, maybe not. Happy New Year!

What are you talking about? You think 50k per week makes no difference? Of course it does. It's fucking nonsense to suggest otherwise. Even if it doesn't much alter their standard of living, it impacts their ego as many players measure their value like this, which in turn can impact their performance on the pitch. It's why loads of players have clauses to be in the top 3 earners or whatever. Gini will rightly want to be on a par with other members of the squad. I think it's fair to expect him to earn as much or more than any midfielder at the club but the captain and maybe thiago. If he doesn't get that, his conclusions (rightly imo) would be the club doesn't value him correctly. 

What I can't abide is all this fucking "give me more time to think" coming from Gini's camp. It's nonsense. We've made an offer, it either suits or it doesn't. If he wants to leave for lifestyle, weather or a different challenge, we can't give him any of those things anyway. All we can offer him is money and a chance to carry on playing in a successful team for one of the world's best manager. If we don't offer him the right money, we're pretty much expecting him just to stay because klopp is a good guy to work for. 

9 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

What are you talking about? You think 50k per week makes no difference? Of course it does. It's fucking nonsense to suggest otherwise. Even if it doesn't much alter their standard of living, it impacts their ego as many players measure their value like this, which in turn can impact their performance on the pitch. It's why loads of players have clauses to be in the top 3 earners or whatever. Gini will rightly want to be on a par with other members of the squad. I think it's fair to expect him to earn as much or more than any midfielder at the club but the captain and maybe thiago. If he doesn't get that, his conclusions (rightly imo) would be the club doesn't value him correctly. 

What I can't abide is all this fucking "give me more time to think" coming from Gini's camp. It's nonsense. We've made an offer, it either suits or it doesn't. If he wants to leave for lifestyle, weather or a different challenge, we can't give him any of those things anyway. All we can offer him is money and a chance to carry on playing in a successful team for one of the world's best manager. If we don't offer him the right money, we're pretty much expecting him just to stay because klopp is a good guy to work for. 

What Im 'on about' Barry is your hypocrisy. Another player, you'd be saying what difference does 50 grand a week make when you're earning more in a week other people might have to work 10 years to earn.

You know it, I know it and the forum knows it. Im just surprised you havent used it yet to call out the owners. Maybe you're saving it for later, eh?

As far as my original post goes, read the bit that says 'Im all for giving Gini a new contract.'

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

What Im 'on about' Barry is your hypocrisy. Another player, you'd be saying what difference does 50 grand a week make when you're earning more in a week other people might have to work 10 years to earn.

You know it, I know it and the forum knows it. Im just surprised you havent used it yet to call out the owners. Maybe you're saving it for later, eh?

As far as my original post goes, read the bit that says 'Im all for giving Gini a new contract.'

Please show me one time where I've ever said that. 

Edit... I think what players earn is fucking disgusting by the way. But that doesn't alter the fact they're like absolutely everyone else who expects to earn what they think they're worth. 

Former Liverpool attacker Ryan Babel has warned that Georginio Wijnaldum will not feel better off if he leaves Anfield at the end of his contract.

Wijnaldum’s Anfield terms run out next summer and he has yet to extend his association with the Reds.

Recent reports have claimed that his preference is to stay with the Premier League champions. However, the 30-year-old supposedly feels that his club’s current offer does not match his influence in the team. Wijnaldum’s fellow Dutchman Babel, however, spoke to the Sunday Mirror about the “biggest regret” he felt when leaving Liverpool.

The now-Galatasaray forward left Anfield for Hoffenheim in 2011.

“I spent almost four years at ­Liverpool under Rafa Benitez and Kenny Dalglish,” Babel said.

“When I left to go and play in Germany, where TSG ­Hoffenheim had become a big force, it was to become the ­biggest regret of my career. The only reason I left was because I wanted to have more playing minutes to keep my place in the Holland team.

“But you don’t realise how dominating the playing style is at Liverpool until you play in a different team and league. I was brought up with really attacking football at Ajax. In the academy, you learn to play that way. When I moved to ­Liverpool, it was exactly the same. It is in the DNA of the club to play attacking football.”

Wijnaldum made the most Premier League appearances of any Liverpool midfielder last season.This term, meanwhile, the midfielder has already made 23 outings, the joint-most alongside Roberto Firmino and Andy Robertson.

Babel recalls Liverpool highlights

Ryan Babel

Babel, however, went on to recall his greatest highlights during his almost four-year association with Liverpool. I loved every ­minute I was at Liverpool. ­Fortunately, Dirk Kuyt was at Liverpool and he was a massive support to me,” the forward said.

“As a Liverpool player you are always in the spotlight. The club is massive. Scoring the winning goal against Manchester United at Anfield was the highlight of my time.”

Liverpool have reportedly made a breakthrough in talks with midfielder Georginio Wijnaldum, who could agree a new contract in the ‘coming days’.

The 30-year-old‘s current terms expire in June amid no previous signs that he is close to deciding on his future. Indeed, previous reports have claimed that while his ‘preference’ is to stay at Anfield, the offer that he has received from the Reds does not match his ambitions.

According to Todofichajes, though, Liverpool have managed to get past that barrier. After Wijnaldum rejected their first offer, the hierarchy have returned with an ‘improved’ offer. What’s more, that contract has supposedly satisfied the Dutchman about extending his association with Liverpool.

However, the source adds that a snag over the length of the contract remains. Wijnaldum wants three more seasons on Merseyside but club chiefs are only willing to offer him two. Indeed, previous reports have noted Liverpool‘s reluctance to offer more a lengthy deal to a player who turned 30 in November. Chelsea employed the same approach in negotiations with Willian last summer. The winger eventually left for Arsenal, who were willing to offer him a three-year deal.

PA.56979070.jpg

But Todofichajes says that the issue will be largely immaterial for Wijnaldum, as long as both sides can agree the rest of the deal. Wijnaldum has his own case to be Jurgen Klopp‘s best signing at Liverpool for his work rate and reliability. He played more Premier League games than any of his fellow midfielders last term. This season, meanwhile, he has already racked up 23 outings.

4 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Liverpool have reportedly made a breakthrough in talks with midfielder Georginio Wijnaldum, who could agree a new contract in the ‘coming days’.

The 30-year-old‘s current terms expire in June amid no previous signs that he is close to deciding on his future. Indeed, previous reports have claimed that while his ‘preference’ is to stay at Anfield, the offer that he has received from the Reds does not match his ambitions.

According to Todofichajes, though, Liverpool have managed to get past that barrier. After Wijnaldum rejected their first offer, the hierarchy have returned with an ‘improved’ offer. What’s more, that contract has supposedly satisfied the Dutchman about extending his association with Liverpool.

However, the source adds that a snag over the length of the contract remains. Wijnaldum wants three more seasons on Merseyside but club chiefs are only willing to offer him two. Indeed, previous reports have noted Liverpool‘s reluctance to offer more a lengthy deal to a player who turned 30 in November. Chelsea employed the same approach in negotiations with Willian last summer. The winger eventually left for Arsenal, who were willing to offer him a three-year deal.

PA.56979070.jpg

But Todofichajes says that the issue will be largely immaterial for Wijnaldum, as long as both sides can agree the rest of the deal. Wijnaldum has his own case to be Jurgen Klopp‘s best signing at Liverpool for his work rate and reliability. He played more Premier League games than any of his fellow midfielders last term. This season, meanwhile, he has already racked up 23 outings.

I give it 24hrs before Pearce rips of the head of that journo, shits down his neck and tells us all that not only is Gini leaving but that he's also taking Virgil with him.

• Upvote 4

54 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Former Liverpool attacker Ryan Babel has warned that Georginio Wijnaldum will not feel better off if he leaves Anfield at the end of his contract.

Wijnaldum’s Anfield terms run out next summer and he has yet to extend his association with the Reds.

Recent reports have claimed that his preference is to stay with the Premier League champions. However, the 30-year-old supposedly feels that his club’s current offer does not match his influence in the team. Wijnaldum’s fellow Dutchman Babel, however, spoke to the Sunday Mirror about the “biggest regret” he felt when leaving Liverpool.

The now-Galatasaray forward left Anfield for Hoffenheim in 2011.

“I spent almost four years at ­Liverpool under Rafa Benitez and Kenny Dalglish,” Babel said.

“When I left to go and play in Germany, where TSG ­Hoffenheim had become a big force, it was to become the ­biggest regret of my career. The only reason I left was because I wanted to have more playing minutes to keep my place in the Holland team.

“But you don’t realise how dominating the playing style is at Liverpool until you play in a different team and league. I was brought up with really attacking football at Ajax. In the academy, you learn to play that way. When I moved to ­Liverpool, it was exactly the same. It is in the DNA of the club to play attacking football.”

Wijnaldum made the most Premier League appearances of any Liverpool midfielder last season.This term, meanwhile, the midfielder has already made 23 outings, the joint-most alongside Roberto Firmino and Andy Robertson.

Babel recalls Liverpool highlights

Ryan Babel

Babel, however, went on to recall his greatest highlights during his almost four-year association with Liverpool. I loved every ­minute I was at Liverpool. ­Fortunately, Dirk Kuyt was at Liverpool and he was a massive support to me,” the forward said.

“As a Liverpool player you are always in the spotlight. The club is massive. Scoring the winning goal against Manchester United at Anfield was the highlight of my time.”

Considering he didn't have much of a career at Liverpool he certainly seems to love the club, and for that I'm giving Ryan a 'yes'.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Wonderful player. We can't let him go.

Can't see the problem of offering him a 3 year contract, he's rarely injured and has lots of energy. He can be another millie and play till he's 35. Those 2 seem to be the fittest players at the club for their age. He's a important player in the team. 

I don't think he will sign, just a feeling. In the past when negotiations have dragged the player normally leaves. If an agreement could have been reached, especially with both sides saying they want one, they would have been reached by now. 

I was off the opinion that Thiago was his replacement and I still believe that. From a club perspective if he stays great, but if he goes, no issue as we already have his replacement. IMO they club feel they are negotiating from strength, so have an amount they will not go past, if Gini will not accept that then he will leave.

This is not a dig at either side and could obviously be wrong, I have been once before, just my two penneth worth.

Gini is well within his rights to ask for more money and a longer contract. He’s a virtual ever present during our best league campaigns for years. Of course he deserves to be rewarded. 

While we undoubtedly need to think about building a younger team again, surely a 3 year deal works for both parties? 

On 07/12/2020 at 18:56, Trumo said:

I think the way to try and do it would be to offer a 2-year deal with a massive pay increase to bring him some sort of parity with our other key players, along with a sizeable signing-on bonus, and have the contract stipulate that the club can trigger an optional 3rd year if certain performance criteria are met over that initial 2-year period. It's in the club's best interests to try and ensure the player can meet those performance criteria (they wouldn't be anything outlandish like scoring 20 goals a season, in the case of Gini) because if the player is doing the business, then that should meet the team is doing the business too.

A lot of clubs offer contracts with optional additional years, partly to shield themselves from additional expense if the player is increasingly proving to not offer value for money anymore. I don't think clubs put performance-criteria targets in these offers, generally speaking, but it is something that is pretty common in MLB (and probably in the other Big 4 US sports).

I think Gini is happy and settled at the club and isn't looking for a new challenge elsewhere. He must know that Barcelona, even if they've been publicly tapping him up, is not a good move for anybody because they are going to be in a massive transitional phase, and thing are already pear-shaped financially.

I would hate to see him go because he is one of the most tactically astute players in the world.

Still think this is the way to go.