You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Georginio Wijnaldum

Unrighteous

Read yesterday Gini wants 4 years. He will still only be 34,and if he isn't a starter after year 3 I reckon he would happily move on. He is fit as fuck and there isn't many players around that do what he does. 

No surprise he wants more money either, he is on significantly less(50k week) than Keita, Chamberlain, 15 less than Fabinho who is getting a new deal soon. 

Anyway loads of reports that Klopp is going to tell Edwards and FSG to get the deal done as replacing him will be costly. 

Absolutely outstanding player who was perpetual motion yesterday despite playing more football than nearly any other outfield player. If he does fancy a new challenge/payday then he’ll go with the best wishes of every Liverpool fan but we should be fighting tooth and nail to keep him as he’s going to be a bastard to replace. If we do go on to win the league this season then Gini has had a massive say in it. His smile is just an added bonus.

Phenomenal player and a great lad.

When we look back on this era in years to come with hopefully a lot more trophies than currently, Gini will be one of those players that will barely get a mention because of lads like Virgil, Ali, Trent, Sadio and Mo, but for me, he's one of the first names on the teamsheet.

We need to get this deal over the line.

• Upvote 1

Just now, VladimirIlyich said:

I just find it almost impossible to comment on those sums of money being handed out,especially given how scant it is for most people. I am hoping covid causes a reset in football but it doesn't look likely.

Oh yeah it's obscene when viewed in those terms, and the numbers are staggering, but underneath it's the same dynamic that plays out in most workplaces with members of staff wanting, at the very least, parity with their peers.

He may be 30 but he's an incredible athlete and is seemingly indestructible. Considering we have sicknotes like Keita and Chamberlain on higher wages, it's borderline disgraceful we're been mingebags on a wage increase and an extra year.

23 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I just find it almost impossible to comment on those sums of money being handed out,especially given how scant it is for most people. I am hoping covid causes a reset in football but it doesn't look likely.

My Mrs's inner city school needed money for a minibus last year, they applied to the police crime fund thing and were told they'd given their last pot of cash to everton in the community.

I did an foi to find out how much they gave to both clubs, it was 30k to Liverpool and 50 to Everton, I did the maths and it came to about two hours' combined wages for the two clubs.

When you look at it like that, it's fucking obscene.

Sent it all over to the echo but needless to say it went nowhere. Those "what's your favourite pasty' stories won't write themselves.

• Upvote 1

I've always said if you did a top 3 players for every match, at the end of the season I'd be very suprised if gini wasn't the player in that top 3 the most. He's a steady 7/10. But in big games he's always there, 

I'd give him the 4 year deal with more money, no problem there, its not like we paid pogba money for him so even if his legs do go on our watch, we haven't lost much, plus being honest he's paid his fee back by now, ten fold. 

Saying that, if the lad wants to go and test himself in pastures new, then best of luck to him, he's been a great servant for LFC. 

58 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Deffo needs to be kept and rewarded, has a massive impact on our success. You wonder though if we're tempted to get some money for him with Jones coming through and that kid with the manbun not far behind. 

Milner will be 35 in a few weeks, Keita and Chamberlain are made of cornflakes and needing binning asap, Minamino really doesn't look like he can play central midfield. Whatever happens we're going to need some more central midfielders.

If Wijnaldum goes it's basically Thiago, Henderson, Fabinho, and Jones.

• Upvote 2