Quantcast
Georginio Wijnaldum - Page 69 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Unrighteous

Georginio Wijnaldum

If he leaves due to the club's parsimony, then it'd be a bit of a mistake (on our part), imo. If they have other plans, though - they've identified replacements etc - then I'm happy to give them the benefit of the doubt. I'll still miss his beautiful face, though.

Wijnaldum has won 133 of his first 200 matches for Liverpool. The best ratio for any player in the club's history.

1 hour ago, Reckoner said:

Wijnaldum has won 133 of his first 200 matches for Liverpool. The best ratio for any player in the club's history.

Wijnaldum the Winningest.

6 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Scandalous that we're not rewarding him for all the years he's put in.

Makes a bit of a mockery of the incentive based contracts they are so proud of

42 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Scandalous that we're not rewarding him for all the years he's put in.

Gini is a key player, and we should be able to get a new contract in place for him.

But a new contract obviously isn’t a reward for anything in the past, it’s a reflection on how we rate his value in the prosent and not least future.

If it was about rewarding the past we should start by giving Kenny a new contract.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dr Nowt said:

Good to see Klopp calling out the FSG pirates over this.

Never seen such a clear example of insubordination. FSG need to get rid now. 

Seriously, put your hands in your pockets you fucking mingebags. 

Would be great if Henry would take 5 minutes off from being fisted by Linda on his 250m superyacht to give this man what he deserves.

Give him what he's asking for FFS. Cunts.

If this was even close to being agreed, the club would have leaked it by now. Gini's probably going to get a tripling of his wage, a hefty signing on bonus and a move to a warmer climate. I love Gini, and if picking on pure technical/tactical football skills he starts with Fab and Thiago in our best midfield I think. Can't underestimate Henderson's leadership qualities though.

Shame we haven't been able to agree to something, he's going to be sorely missed.

15 minutes ago, lebron said:

If this was even close to being agreed, the club would have leaked it by now. Gini's probably going to get a tripling of his wage, a hefty signing on bonus and a move to a warmer climate. I love Gini, and if picking on pure technical/tactical football skills he starts with Fab and Thiago in our best midfield I think. Can't underestimate Henderson's leadership qualities though.

Shame we haven't been able to agree to something, he's going to be sorely missed.

I think having a midfield heavy squad is probably weighing on his mind, and he think's he won't be a starter going forward. He might have a point. When everyone is back, will he play 70%+ of games in a midfield with Thiago, Fabinho and Hendo? I hope he stays though. I dont think anyone of those midfield players are going to stay fit all season so in a sense everyone rotates anyway.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Aw Geez said:

I think having a midfield heavy squad is probably weighing on his mind, and he think's he won't be a starter going forward. He might have a point. When everyone is back, will he play 70%+ of games in a midfield with Thiago, Fabinho and Hendo? I hope he stays though. I dont think anyone of those midfield players are going to stay fit all season so in a sense everyone rotates anyway.

I don’t think Fabinho will play in midfield again this season. 

1 minute ago, aRdja said:

I don’t think Fabinho will play in midfield again this season. 

This season, I agree. Once we have Gomez and VVD back I'd imagine he will again (although it's not written in stone, as he's been fucking amazing in CB).

51 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Fucking FSG cunts. If it was fair, he would have signed.

I wouldn’t trust something like that, but I’d say that if it’s short of what he wants, it’ll be Edwards and Klopp’s decision. I would be surprised if every contract was negotiated on board Henry’s Yacht. That said, if Klopp wants him to stay, the FSG mingebags should get their chequebook out. Simple really.