You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Georginio Wijnaldum

Unrighteous

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, cloggypop said:

What a man he is. About three quarters of the Netherlands are going to hate him for this but it absolutely needs doing. Fuck Zwarte Piet. 

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/12/20/football/wijnaldum-holland-black-pete-spt-intl/index.html

I’ve discussed this with a number of Dutch people and almost all to a man/woman won’t accept that it’s racist. Massive blind spot, there 

• 3 weeks later...

Can’t find it now, but there was an article on the Echo this weekend about players coming to the end of their contracts this summer and next, and what the plans are for them.

It mentioned Gini and said the club would likely wait til nearer the time and, as he’ll be 31 then, review making a Milner-type extension offer.

Hoping this was just opportunistic from Ornstein, having seen it. Klopp isn’t in a hurry to get shot of the likes of Lallana who’s body is made of prawn crackers, so don’t see why he would Gini.

Any player of ours coming to the end of their contract is going to be the subject of this sort of speculation. Can’t imagine the likes of Gini wanting to leave Klopp and the best team in the world right now. If they do then it’s solely for the money and I’m not arsed losing them if that is their priority.

1 hour ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Absolute bullshit story. Can't believe people thought there was actually some truth in it.

It's not even a story, it's just a journalist pointing out he doesn't have much time left on his deal so there is a decision to make. Yer ma could have told us that. 

This is what david bowie had to say on the matter, and it makes a lot of sense:

A small Jean Gini snuck off to the city
Strung out on lasers and slash-back blazers
Ate all your razors while pulling the waiters
Talking 'bout Monroe and walking on Snow White
New York's a go-go, and everything tastes right
Poor little Greenie, ooh-ooh

Keep her comin'
The Jean Gini lives on his back
The Jean Gini loves chimney stacks
He's outrageous, he screams and he bawls (Jean Gini)
Jean Gini, let yourself go, whoah

Sits like a man but he smiles like a reptile
She love him, she love him but just for a short while
She'll scratch in the sand, won't let go his hand
He says he's a beautician and sells you nutrition
And keeps all your dead hair for making up underwear
Poor little Greenie, ooh-ooh

He's so simple-minded, he can't drive his module
He bites on the neon and sleeps in a capsule
Loves to be loved, loves to be loved

Oh, Jean Gini lives on his back

Go!
Go!

Go, go go!

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know what the craic is here, Gini being a bit coy?

Liverpool star Gini Wijnaldum has been discussing his future at the club as well as revealing his support for Jurgen Klopp's FA Cup stance.

The Dutch international, who has featured 22 times in the Premier League this term, has said he's not in any rush to sign a contract extension.

With Liverpool focused on winning a first title in 30 years, Wijnaldum told Sky Sports: "I'm just focusing on bringing this season to a good end and that's the only thing I'm thinking of.

"What would I like? It is difficult to say. It depends on what the club wants and how the situation is at that time. We will see."

Asked if it would be difficult to leave the club where he has spent the last three-and-a-half seasons, he said: "Yes, it's like home."

Following Liverpool's 2-2 draw with Shrewsbury Town in the FA Cup fourth-round on Sunday, Klopp confirmed he will not be taking charge of the Reds for the upcoming replay.

Liverpool's first-team will be on a winter break, and Wijnaldum has admitted he supports the German's decision to rest his senior stars.

The Netherlands midfielder said: "Since I've been in the Premier League I've played the season without a winter break but I also know, before I came to the Premier League, how good it is for a player to have some rest.

"After the rest you can go again. Your body is more rested than if you keep on going, so that's a good thing.

"As a player you want to be involved in every game there is but you also have to deal with your body and sometimes your body just says that it is not the right choice to do.

"You just have to see how the situation is but if the manager decides that the younger players are going to play the game then we should accept it."

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gini-wijnaldum-opens-up-liverpool-17641913

Logically, this is probably heading towards him leaving on a free in 2021. He'll be 30 and clubs will line up to give him a massive salary. Last big contract and all, and I doubt we'd be the ones to offer him what he's looking for financially at his age unless he would accept signing a short team deal.