You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Georginio Wijnaldum

Unrighteous

He has no business being here next season

I would not go that far but he needs to step up. Never mind not scoring an away goal I do not think he has scored at home all season. Well maybe with his missus he has.

I like Gini but I did not think he brought anything to the game today best player or not.

I thought he played well and helped us dominate midfield until we started to tire as they were able to bring on fresh legs. Decent bench option for next season unless we really have the fabled £200m transfer chest.

He is never in a million years going to be a top class anything.

It’s an easy position to play in if you have good football intelligence, which he does, he has all the attributes to be a very good DM, he’s not going to be playing it like Pirlo but he would break up play well and fill in for out of position teammates, he keeps the ball well in tight positions aswell. Might be going overboard on him being top class but if he uses his skill set properly there he would be exceptional.

If he’s not going to be used in this role next season I don’t see much use for him either especially with Keita coming in and Oxlade-Chamberlain playing better as he becomes more accustomed to the way Klopp wants him to play. Gini would literally just be an option from the bench.

There always seems to be a couple of months in between any Gini appreciation.

Says it all, really.

I can't think of why a single side worth their salt would even consider him in their squad.

There always seems to be a couple of months in between any Gini appreciation.

Says it all, really.

I can't think of why a single side worth their salt would even consider him in their squad.

Are Liverpool a side worth their salt? Is Klopp a manager worth his salt? Are you talking shite?

Yes, to all of the above.

• Upvote 1

Are Liverpool a side worth their salt? Is Klopp a manager worth his salt? Are you talking shite?

Yes, to all of the above.

Fair play.

I'm just happy the days of me getting wound up over a player are long gone.

And good riddance too.

• Upvote 1

I really like Gini but he has gone backwards this season. How many goals has he scored. And sorry I do not think he shields the ball well. Watch closely how many times he tries this after inviting the challenge because he has not moved the ball on quickly and loses posession.