You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Georginio Wijnaldum

Unrighteous

Even on form what does he offer?

Finishing is poor.

No great defensive mindset.

Not fantastic distribution.

I don't get it.

His finishing is excellent, he's just not in those positions often enough.

He's always available for a pass, receives the ball in tight spaces and is calmness personified on the ball, moving it on efficienctly. He carries the ball forward well but again not often enough.

Whether these traits justify his place in the team is a matter of opinion, and in my opinion it is well justified at the moment.

His finishing is excellent, he's just not in those positions often enough.

He's always available for a pass, receives the ball in tight spaces and is calmness personified on the ball, moving it on efficienctly. He carries the ball forward well but again not often enough.

Whether these traits justify his place in the team is a matter of opinion, and in my opinion it is well justified at the moment.

Last season to an extent I would agree but nothing outstanding. Steady, which is not a difficult trait to replace.

Last season to an extent I would agree but nothing outstanding. Steady, which is not a difficult trait to replace.

Well we don't want to trade steady for steady, surely we want excellent at least? We don't have better than him at the moment in that role, imo, so his place in the team is justified.

• Upvote 2

The club might as well save their money on his coach fare because away from Anfield he's invisible.

Pretty sure he gets the club coach to games. You could argue that without him on it the petrol bill might be slightly lower as the weight on the coach would decrease, but then we would have to pick another squad player anyway so unless the replacement was significantly lighter than Wijnaldum I think any saving would be negligible.

• Upvote 1

Had a poor game against Watford, but gets unfair stick. We were shifting it v Boro last game of the season when we needed a win to get Champs League. He stepped in to the box and lashed a great finish in and calmed us all down. Technically excellent and keeps it simple. He's a perfect foil in between a coutinho/lallana and the 'no 6'. The frustration is that he sometimes plays a bit within what I think he's capable of. But for me he's a really good player and a great midfield option to have. Bear in mind if Coutinho/Lallana were fit and we had signed Keita, he doesnt start.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I'd appreciate if himself and Henderson could just call their game of hide-and-seek a draw and get on with our season.

They would love a draw, no one wins and no one loses.

They would not like it if anyone had to go home with a sad face.