You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Georginio Wijnaldum

Unrighteous

On 20/10/2021 at 02:08, Trojan1892 said:

Missing the man that can’t get in front of Ander Herrera and Idrissa Gueye ffs

This is such an asinine argument. We miss what he did for us. Not what he's doing at another club, or how a manager sees him.

• Upvote 1

We've deffo missed him, midfield has been all over the shop at times and we've shifted plenty of soft goals, but the best attack force in world football covers a multitude of sins. If he'd wanted to go rather than we simply chose to let him go through being mingebags, or if he'd been replaced, nobody would be arsed, but it's mad to say we don't miss him and what was all the worry about. 

10 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

We miss experience but not him per se.

Henderson, Thiago, Milner and Fabinho are hugely experienced. That's not necessarily what we miss. We miss his energy, we miss his ability to stem the flow in games where we're struggling, we miss his ability in tight situations, we miss how he helps us maintain control in games. 

7 minutes ago, Chris said:

Henderson, Thiago, Milner and Fabinho are hugely experienced. That's not necessarily what we miss. We miss his energy, we miss his ability to stem the flow in games where we're struggling, we miss his ability in tight situations, we miss how he helps us maintain control in games. 

Wijnaldum  was simply after a big money move and got it. Fuck him. And despite our midfield being far from at the top of its game we are doing alright without him.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Being allowed to go out on loan now if reports are to be believed. Hopefully Mo will take note should he fancy a payday somewhere else. The grass isn’t always greener. Interestingly with the emergence of Morton (I know it’s very early days), would there be a clamour to take him back? Is anyone arsed? Does anyone still think it’s a season wrecker letting him leave?

1 hour ago, No2 said:

I honestly believe this is down to Gini's appearances in Messi's nightmares. We broke Barca so bad that night..

How about its because he's a limited midfielder, and the top teams need something a bit more special?

I'm sorry it doesn't fit the narrative.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, m0e said:

How about its because he's a limited midfielder, and the top teams need something a bit more special?

I'm sorry it doesn't fit the narrative.

You could be right if Andreas Herrara wasn't keeping him out of the team. I prefer my story.

His move was always about the money. He's 31, has won the league and Champions League, and probably doesn't give a fuck anymore. Very good player at his best.