You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Georginio Wijnaldum

Unrighteous

He carried the nickname Ghost for years because he literally did fuck all in big games away from home, some seem to forget that.

He’s since left and gone to a club playing in a farmers league and can’t get a game because Herrera is deemed a better player….

We should have bumped him up to £250k a week when he’s 31 in two weeks time, makes perfect sense.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Trojan1892 said:

He carried the nickname Ghost for years because he literally did fuck all in big games away from home, some seem to forget that.

I know he regularly went missing, I never thought it was the big games though, I thought that was when he actually turned it on.

Still can't believe that time he made 1 pass in 45 minutes and about 9 in the entire match. 

Either way he was always available, a shit player who never gets injured is better than a good player who is never there when you need him. 

18 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

Watching Joao Felix turn Keita inside out for the second Atletico goal last night made me think of Wijnaldum a bit. But to be honest, even with Thiago out and Fabinho not always available, we've not really missed him that much so far this season, have we?

Yes we have. We have to hope that luck doesn't even itself out, because Chelsea/City/Atletico on a normal day all probably end up in losses.

The take further up the thread that Gini went missing in big games is one of the more slapstick that I've read. It feels clear that Thiago was bought as his replacement a year ahead of time, but some good cameos aside that has not panned out well at all so far in terms of fitness.

10 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

I don't think we'd ever have lost the Chelsea or Atletico games given the red cards in those matches, irrelevant of Wijnaldum being there or not.

City, yeah, he could have been useful, but the bigger miss by far was Trent.

Yes, that's the point. On a normal day we do not get those abnormal sending offs (Atletico especially) which tilt the game away from normality; City should have been several ahead by half time, the midfield was non-existent, that is not on TAA's absence.

1 hour ago, Alex_K said:

Yes, that's the point. On a normal day we do not get those abnormal sending offs (Atletico especially) which tilt the game away from normality; City should have been several ahead by half time, the midfield was non-existent, that is not on TAA's absence.

Trents absence absolutely played its part in our non existing midfield. 

On 28/01/2018 at 08:49, Elite said:

He may as well sit on the pitch, put headphones in, read a book and wait until we arrive at our destination.

On 28/01/2018 at 09:22, Jairzinho said:

I would prefer it if he was playing for a different club.

On 28/01/2018 at 09:32, J-V said:

Doing what he did before we signed him.  Fuck all.  Great scouting.

On 28/01/2018 at 11:30, Carvalho Diablo said:

He's passive. A stroller.

I randomly picked a page in this thread.

“Liverpool have a 100 per cent record in the Champions League, are unbeaten in the Premier League – in which they are the top scorers – and have scored three or more goals in all seven away matches in all competitions. They have not lost since April – a sequence of 21 matches which is their longest run since going 24 unbeaten from January to May 1989.”

Stop with this Gini fanny flapping every game you quims ( my words not the article)

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Reckoner said:

“Liverpool have a 100 per cent record in the Champions League, are unbeaten in the Premier League – in which they are the top scorers – and have scored three or more goals in all seven away matches in all competitions. They have not lost since April – a sequence of 21 matches which is their longest run since going 24 unbeaten from January to May 1989.”

Stop with this Gini fanny flapping every game you quims ( my words not the article)

To be fair gini played his part in that unbeaten run.