You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Georginio Wijnaldum

Unrighteous

I think we’ve missed him the last 2 games as well, but for different reasons in each game.

Against Brentford, we needed somebody to put their foot on the ball, slow the temp, take the sting out the game. We needed it all game but especially 2nd half when we were leading twice.

I don’t think Jones has that level of maturity yet. Obviously Thiago would have sorted that but he was injured. Hendo was still bombing on as well, he should know better. I further don’t understand why we put the front 4 on once it went 3-2 but that’s another question…

Any club in the world would have missed a turbo charged Gini v City. Unfortunately, first half City did a number getting behind our midfielders I think Fabinho and Hendo were second guessing themselves in light of the pressure we were under and maybe feeing they had to over compensate for Jones. IMO, Gini’s experience would have calmed that. 

I don’t want to pick on Jones, I do like him, I think there is a player in there, but with Thaigo out, I think it showed how much we missed Gini in big moments.

4 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I think we’ve missed him the last 2 games as well, but for different reasons in each game.

Against Brentford, we needed somebody to put their foot on the ball, slow the temp, take the sting out the game. We needed it all game but especially 2nd half when we were leading twice.

I don’t think Jones has that level of maturity yet. Obviously Thiago would have sorted that but he was injured. Hendo was still bombing on as well, he should know better. I further don’t understand why we put the front 4 on once it went 3-2 but that’s another question…

Any club in the world would have missed a turbo charged Gini v City. Unfortunately, first half City did a number getting behind our midfielders I think Fabinho and Hendo were second guessing themselves in light of the pressure we were under and maybe feeing they had to over compensate for Jones. IMO, Gini’s experience would have calmed that. 

I don’t want to pick on Jones, I do like him, I think there is a player in there, but with Thaigo out, I think it showed how much we missed Gini in big moments.

We missed Thiago on the last 2 games.

We also missed Milner coming on in midfield 2nd half to help close the game.

We also missed Trent.

All of the above well before Gini, in my opinion.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

43 minutes ago, m0e said:

We also missed Trent.

Totally agree. I liked Gini but he's gone. Unlike Mo, I didnt subscribe to the 'pay him what he wants' to make him stay.

He wouldnt have stopped Havertz's goal. He wouldnt have stopped any of Brentford's goals and he wouldnt have stopped either of city's goals.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, m0e said:

We also missed Trent.

That’s fair. Thaigo and Milner would have also done the job. 

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

For the first time ever under Klopp our midfield got completely beasted at Anfield. And guess what was missing. Gini fucking Wijnaldum. You knob heads can all pipe down

You are making me dislike him now with how obsessed you are with him. You re doing a bad job.  

9 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

You are making me dislike him now with how obsessed you are with him. You re doing a bad job.  

I'm not obsessed.

The opinions of you and Moe are just turgid. We never lost a midfield battle with Gini at Anfield against a big club. 

Yet two games played at Anfield against our main rivals and our midfield got owned in both games. 

Up until the sending off Chelsea were comfortably on top. 

That shit just never happened with Gini. 

It's OK to accept he was a good player and letting him go without a reliable replacement was fucking stupid. Go on

• Downvote 1

12 hours ago, No2 said:

Gini was in their plans before Messi became available. Messi obviously hates his guts because he's a huge part of the reason Messi is in Paris in the first place.

I've actually written something along those lines in this week's diary. It's partly tongue in cheek, but Messi does seem like the kind of bitchy, spoilt little shit to bear a grudge over something like that. I have nothing to base that on other than the impression I have of him, but seeing someone else say it now just makes me convinced I'm right.

There's no way the two of us can be wrong.

I also think we've missed Gini in the two big home games we've drawn. There's no way we wouldn't miss him, those were the games when he was always fucking immense.

I'm not complaining about him being allowed to leave or even that we didn't buy a replacement. I'm just saying, we missed him in those big games because that's where he always excelled. 

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

He wouldnt have stopped Havertz's goal. He wouldnt have stopped any of Brentford's goals and he wouldnt have stopped either of city's goals.

Mo didn't stop any of those goals either, the malingering cunt. Come to think of it none of our team stopped those goals. Bin the lot of them! 

10 minutes ago, dave u said:

I've actually written something along those lines in this week's diary. It's partly tongue in cheek, but Messi does seem like the kind of bitchy, spoilt little shit to bear a grudge over something like that. I have nothing to base that on other than the impression I have of him, but seeing someone else say it now just makes me convinced I'm right.

There's no way the two of us can be wrong.

Its the only reason Gini isn't in the team, he's perfect for what they need. Herrera is just a little lick arse you would never tire of slapping, he would have been at the airport offering to carry Messi's bags and wipe his arse for him. He probably runs over to place the ball at the corner flag for him. The little cunt was probably the first kid at training offering to help put up the nets. Where as Ginis beautiful smile just reminds him of been bummed. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

I'm not obsessed.

The opinions of you and Moe are just turgid. We never lost a midfield battle with Gini at Anfield against a big club. 

Yet two games played at Anfield against our main rivals and our midfield got owned in both games. 

Up until the sending off Chelsea were comfortably on top. 

That shit just never happened with Gini. 

It's OK to accept he was a good player and letting him go without a reliable replacement was fucking stupid. Go on

True dat.

He bossed the fuck out of them when they wiped the floor with us last season.