You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Georginio Wijnaldum

Unrighteous

The fact that he played more or less every minute suggests the manager liked him a lot. 

No Gini, our midfield three gassed and underperforming, Elliott and Thiago injured and still Keita doesn’t get a minute. Says a lot about that particular disaster of a transfer. 

Gini's greatest strength was holding the ball and keeping it away from the opposition with 10mins on the clock. 

We definitely missed that composure today. 

Fabinho was out on his feet on the last 10 mins. Like some lad after a feed of pints the way he was moving. 

3 minutes ago, KevieG said:

Gini's greatest strength was holding the ball and keeping it away from the opposition with 10mins on the clock. 

We definitely missed that composure today. 

Fabinho was out on his feet on the last 10 mins. Like some lad after a feed of pints the way he was moving. 

He was a one man midfield so understandable.

7 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

The question is 'Which ex-Liverpool midfielder played over 3000 minutes and every league game last season?'

We finished 3rd.

Letting him go is not the issue not replceing him and having to use Jones, Keita or Chamberlain is. Par for the course with these owners though.

7 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Are you going to link the takeover of Afghanistan by the Taliban with Gini leaving as well? Be about right from the likes of you.

You're just a massive cock with an over inflated opinion of shit French players. 

2 hours ago, Kevin D said:

I admit I'm not intricately acquainted with the incredibly, complex statistical analysis that goes into the Liverpool transfer matrix, but I don't think this midfield has looked as silly as they have against Chelsea and today in about 5 years.

As a corollary to that, I would offer it was maybe a mistake to let him leave and not replace him.

He was missed today for sure. But as someone else has posted, that performance from Henderson today doesn't help that point of view. I thought Jones had a reasonable game, even if he took the safe backward pass too often, but he'd have been the one to miss out and Henderson would have still out in that performance. 

Funny thing that when you take a cog out of systems-thinking football, it doesn't quite perform so well elsewhere in a different context. A few titans like Lewandowski aside, I'm not sure many players at all have left Klopp teams and thrived elsewhere. A lot of these players should be sending very healthy Christmas presents to Klopp for creating the conditions in which they can eventually command such huge wages. That doesn't diminish how important Wijnaldum or an equivalent skill-set is for us.

1 hour ago, Alex_K said:

Funny thing that when you take a cog out of systems-thinking football, it doesn't quite perform so well elsewhere in a different context. A few titans like Lewandowski aside, I'm not sure many players at all have left Klopp teams and thrived elsewhere. A lot of these players should be sending very healthy Christmas presents to Klopp for creating the conditions in which they can eventually command such huge wages. That doesn't diminish how important Wijnaldum or an equivalent skill-set is for us.

Klopp is a bit like Brian Clough(in a footballing sense only of course) in that players who thrive under him rarely do the same elsewhere. It's great management and a real knack of creating personalities which gel together almost perfectly.

2 hours ago, Alex_K said:

Good post. The system, the training, the togetherness, the team as a whole in our case, or in Klopps case if you like, make average players look good and good players look great.

I really like Gini, hard not to like a handsome bastard like that, but I was never really sold on him, sure he was always available and worked hard (rare combo these days) but I always felt he was a bit limited, held on to the ball far too long with his head down, got caught up in little battles which he won his fair share of but ones he shouldn't have been in as he should have released the ball earlier and got us on our way.