You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Georginio Wijnaldum

Unrighteous

5 hours ago, aRdja said:

I know this is a gag, as you know that I’d take Gini before Naby any day. I’m loathe to be seen as a Naby fan. I’m as underwhelmed with him as the next guy, I just reckon spending cash to replace him as our 4th/5th choice midfielder wouldn’t be the best use of our money given our back-up option at CF is Origi who we know isn’t good enough, and Trent’s back-up is a kid who just turned 18 and yet to make his debut. 

What if the next guy's @Dr Nowt ?

5 hours ago, aRdja said:

I know this is a gag, as you know that I’d take Gini before Naby any day. I’m loathe to be seen as a Naby fan. I’m as underwhelmed with him as the next guy, I just reckon spending cash to replace him as our 4th/5th choice midfielder wouldn’t be the best use of our money given our back-up option at CF is Origi who we know isn’t good enough, and Trent’s back-up is a kid who just turned 18 and yet to make his debut. 

What if the next guy's @Dr Nowt ?

https://www.espn.com.au/football/liverpool-engliverpool/story/4438810/psgs-georginio-wijnaldum-on-liverpool-exit-i-didnt-feel-loved-appreciated

I'm just glad the poor lad has gone to a nice, traditional, family club - where he will get the love and, much less importantly of course, the money he needs.  To be loved.

12 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I'm sure that 70k,now 200k,would soothe the pain a little.

If you lot club together and pay me £70,000 per week for a year I'd happily give every forum member my phone number so anyone could phone me up and give me abuse whenever they wanted. 

Then once the year is up I'd retire to RAWK for a week until I am banned for having my own thoughts and then retire entirely. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 19/06/2021 at 12:05, TheHowieLama said:

Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger, however, was somewhat late to the party, waiting right up until April before trying his hand at the three at the back approach. The Frenchman's switch to 3-4-3 has proved a resounding success in the closing weeks of the season, helping the Gunners to win seven of their last eight fixtures and giving them a glimmer of hope in the race for the top four.

Bellerin played in at least half of those 8 - Ox played a cup game or two.

#urbanmyth

• Upvote 1

On 24/07/2021 at 23:17, 3 Stacks said:

Read his quotes. He's not saying it's the fans' fault. He explicitly states he always felt the love inside the stadium, but didn't feel like his treatment on social media was fair. It's also pretty obvious it has nothing to do with him staying or going, we just wouldn't offer him what he wanted.

It just seems like he's been wanting to make a parting shot to the section of Twitter losers we have that follow the club, which is fair enough, although it is a bit weird as every club has them, but whatever. He had said he would reveal some grievance he had in due time. 

Considering I've been ripping those FIFA virgins in the diary for years, I'm not going to pull Gini up on doing the same. In fact, I'm glad he did it. The shit he'd get from them pricks was embarrassing, all because they wanted "Naby Lad" in the team instead. Hendo was getting it just as bad until he started lifting trophies and it died down a bit and they moved onto Gini instead.

That had zero bearing on him leaving though, but then he didn't say it did, unless I've missed that?

• Upvote 4

27 minutes ago, dave u said:

Considering I've been ripping those FIFA virgins in the diary for years, I'm not going to pull Gini up on doing the same. In fact, I'm glad he did it. The shit he'd get from them pricks was embarrassing, all because they wanted "Naby Lad" in the team instead. Hendo was getting it just as bad until he started lifting trophies and it died down a bit and they moved onto Gini instead.

That had zero bearing on him leaving though, but then he didn't say it did, unless I've missed that?

Loads of accounts tagging Gini on his insta and Twitter saying “please leave” or “get out of my club”, to make room for Thiago last summer. Awful. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Chairman Meow said:

Physical abuse or mental?

Column A, Column B.

Mainly B... I'm about as handy with a baseball bat as Montgomery Burns....

.... Come to think of it, neither actually... I'm about as useful on the mental front as a Boris Johnson piece in The Telegraph.

14 minutes ago, s(k)aturation said:

Column A, Column B.

Mainly B... I'm about as handy with a baseball bat as Montgomery Burns....

.... Come to think of it, neither actually... I'm about as useful on the mental front as a Boris Johnson piece in The Telegraph.

You have been tearing me apart on this website for weeks. 

7 hours ago, aRdja said:

Loads of accounts tagging Gini on his insta and Twitter saying “please leave” or “get out of my club”, to make room for Thiago last summer. Awful. 

Yep I remember it well. Fucking shameful business.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I had no idea Gini was so precious. Poor little thing!

I doubt he lost any sleep over it and it certainly didn't affect his performances. I don't blame him for calling it out though. He's playing his arse off, sacrificing his attacking play to do the job the team needs from him, he's available every single week without fail and then he logs onto his social media and there are loads of little nonces telling him to get out of their club because they want Keita in the team or Thiago to join us.

He should have just responded to a few of them by telling them to fuck off and calling them FIFA virgins, or if he wanted to take a higher road post up pictures of the Barcelona game.

The only thing I'd say to him if I had the chance is that for every one of those comments there will have been loads more supporting him. I'm not saying it was just a handful of knobs as it was more than that, but they're still only a tiny percentage of the overall fanbase.

"The fans inside the stadium and those on social media are different". Yes and no. There are more clueless dickheads on social media than in the stadium but it's also about which comments stand out to you the most. Gini probably scrolled past loads of supportive messages and it will be the knobhead comments that caught his eye.

In the stadium if you have a hundred people sitting there muttering "Fuck off Wijnaldum" and ten thousand singing his name, he's only going to be aware of the ones singing his name.

He needs to look at it with a different perspective, but he wasn't wrong with what he said. He's just over-stated it.

• Upvote 8

48 minutes ago, dave u said:

I doubt he lost any sleep over it and it certainly didn't affect his performances. I don't blame him for calling it out though. He's playing his arse off, sacrificing his attacking play to do the job the team needs from him, he's available every single week without fail and then he logs onto his social media and there are loads of little nonces telling him to get out of their club because they want Keita in the team or Thiago to join us.

He should have just responded to a few of them by telling them to fuck off and calling them FIFA virgins, or if he wanted to take a higher road post up pictures of the Barcelona game.

The only thing I'd say to him if I had the chance is that for every one of those comments there will have been loads more supporting him. I'm not saying it was just a handful of knobs as it was more than that, but they're still only a tiny percentage of the overall fanbase.

"The fans inside the stadium and those on social media are different". Yes and no. There are more clueless dickheads on social media than in the stadium but it's also about which comments stand out to you the most. Gini probably scrolled past loads of supportive messages and it will be the knobhead comments that caught his eye.

In the stadium if you have a hundred people sitting there muttering "Fuck off Wijnaldum" and ten thousand singing his name, he's only going to be aware of the ones singing his name.

He needs to look at it with a different perspective, but he wasn't wrong with what he said. He's just over-stated it.

It's the fact that he seems to be using it as an excuse for his massive wage hike and transfer and I don't remember him saying much about it at the time either. If you don't want to see or hear abuse then don't use the cesspool that calls itself twitter. If I know that then a footballer who is almost half my age certainly does.

PS,if any of those comments were racist he has every right to report them to the authorities and call them out.