You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Georginio Wijnaldum

Unrighteous

8 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

That took one google of "chamberlain at wing back" would suggest it certainly was a thing and was perceived positively by arsenal fans. 

Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger, however, was somewhat late to the party, waiting right up until April before trying his hand at the three at the back approach. The Frenchman's switch to 3-4-3 has proved a resounding success in the closing weeks of the season, helping the Gunners to win seven of their last eight fixtures and giving them a glimmer of hope in the race for the top four.

Bellerin played in at least half of those 8 - Ox played a cup game or two.

#urbanmyth

Just because a lot of people write stories they get paid to write about, doesn't make Ox a good wingback. He's terrible defensively and he's quite good going forward but he does make bad decisions and is often injured. He's great for the social media though, literally our front man, if everything you knew about LFC was the little blurbs the club puts out you'd think he was our best player. I appreciate his role, and I accept it.

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger, however, was somewhat late to the party, waiting right up until April before trying his hand at the three at the back approach. The Frenchman's switch to 3-4-3 has proved a resounding success in the closing weeks of the season, helping the Gunners to win seven of their last eight fixtures and giving them a glimmer of hope in the race for the top four.

Bellerin played in at least half of those 8 - Ox played a cup game or two.

#urbanmyth

Ok, it's really not worth the argument. It seems you're in a minority here with that point of view, and fine you can have it. 

• 1 month later...
40 minutes ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

Mate, ffs.

Haha.

At least 85% of the fanbase fancies the pants off him.

Imagine if he was getting actual stick, like Karius's messages. Wasn't Karius receiving death threats for a while? Not real death threats, obviously, just some cunt on Twitter on threats that the BBC love to lead in a headline.

We all know how the club would historically go into contract negotiations with a player and offer them something lousy. After a short while they’d leave, let the manager step in and offer something half-decent. The player would accept, the manager would have their loyalty, and the club would manage the finances in a sensible way. 
This just seems like an extension of the same. Klopp isn’t a mug and knows what the financial restrictions/realities are. He’ll have discussed this decision with the club, they’ll have made the decision as a collective, and ultimately the club/FSG will take the blame whilst Klopp ideally takes none of it.

And quite right too. I don’t want a board which chases popularity. I want a board which backs the manager, doesn’t run the club into stupid amounts of debt, and learns from mistakes. 
thanks for the memories Wij. I shan’t put too much faith in your reading of events here. 

I'm surprised by Gini here, I'd have thought he was well educated in the nonsense of social media. I don't doubt for a second he was considered shit online if he didn't score 2 in every game but surely he's clever enough to ignore social media? In fact I'm surprised any footballer takes any notice, how can you survive in that gig if you pay any sort of attention to it? 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, No2 said:

I'm surprised by Gini here, I'd have thought he was well educated in the nonsense of social media. I don't doubt for a second he was considered shit online if he didn't score 2 in every game but surely he's clever enough to ignore social media? In fact I'm surprised any footballer takes any notice, how can you survive in that gig if you pay any sort of attention to it? 

He comes across like a complete tit. Why did he keep negotiating with the club if it was all about the fellas on social media? The club can't fix that. The manager can't. Is there a player on the planet who doesn't get shit on social media? I bet even Ronaldo and Messi have. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, corro said:

Touchy cunt. It’s our fault now. Fuck off and slot your oil dough you pampered prick

Read his quotes. He's not saying it's the fans' fault. He explicitly states he always felt the love inside the stadium, but didn't feel like his treatment on social media was fair. It's also pretty obvious it has nothing to do with him staying or going, we just wouldn't offer him what he wanted.

It just seems like he's been wanting to make a parting shot to the section of Twitter losers we have that follow the club, which is fair enough, although it is a bit weird as every club has them, but whatever. He had said he would reveal some grievance he had in due time. 

4 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Read his quotes. He's not saying it's the fans' fault. He explicitly states he always felt the love inside the stadium, but didn't feel like his treatment on social media was fair. It's also pretty obvious it has nothing to do with him staying or going, we just wouldn't offer him what he wanted.

It just seems like he's been wanting to make a parting shot to the section of Twitter losers we have that follow the club, which is fair enough, although it is a bit weird as every club has them, but whatever. He had said he would reveal some grievance he had in due time. 

Fucks sake he’s left so why should I read his quotes. He’s fuck all to me as we are fuck all to him. Not that I’m arsed but why didn’t he have a go at the internet warriors while he was still here.

LFC Twitter fans were horrible to him. Hundreds of posts tagging him and asking him to leave for a myriad of reasons e.g., making room for Thiago, blocking Keita’s path, etc. Was horrible to read. It was final straw for me, and I quit Twitter about a year ago now. 

• Downvote 1