You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Georginio Wijnaldum

Unrighteous

1 hour ago, Aventus said:

I think it was the right time, I'd have liked him to stay but he would need to be a backup for me. He had too many games this season where he completely went missing, the Leeds game stands out, somehow he made 15 passes on the entire match. He did always manage to show up for the big games though. 

He was always there though, better to be on the pitch than in the medics office. 

It's quite telling that arguably his best game was the Barcelona game, and yet he didn't even start that game. If Robertson hadn't gone off injured, he may not have come on until much later.  He was so pissed off at being on the bench, it fired him up to play the match of his life!

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Anyone know the reason he's alluding to? It seems a bit cryptic to end up being "the wouldn't pay me enough"

I think he wanted to stay but it's likely the club didn't try very hard to keep him. Maybe felt a bit disrespected. 

On 22/07/2016 at 00:13, Razoray said:

Wasn't Didi the last midfielder that we bought from them? Played one season in the league with the barcodes,moved to us. Anything close to 1 big ears, a europa, 2 fa cups and 2 league cups and I'd be very happy.

How about a Champions league,  a Premier League and World Club Cup  instead? 

Goodbye Gini. We'll miss you. 

On 23/05/2021 at 14:19, TheRedMachine said:

The amount of people on here who have no understanding of football is staggering.

Can you write for me a minimum 10 page dissertation on your vision of football, MLA style? I want to know if you know what you're talking about. Thanks. 

25 minutes ago, Razoray said:

As posted earlier, probably a mix of length of contract as well as wages offered

Add to that the fact he was on a much lower wage than the other players already, he probably expected a decent reward for being patient and not kicking up a fuss over it a couple of seasons ago.

Plus the time he puts in on the pitch, he would have been looking at the likes of Keita and Oxlade getting paid a lot more than him for doing fuck all, while he's there every day grafting. 

• Upvote 1

Still seems weird that we're letting him go, and he obviously doesn't really want to.

Surely we could have come to some sort of agreement on either a shorter contract with bigger wages or a longer one with a bit lower that both him and the club would have been happy with.

5 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

Still seems weird that we're letting him go, and he obviously doesn't really want to.

Surely we could have come to some sort of agreement on either a shorter contract with bigger wages or a longer one with a bit lower that both him and the club would have been happy with.

Agents also tend to have a bit to do with these things. I'd be surprised if his agent wasn't also stirring things up behind the scenes too.

6 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Agents also tend to have a bit to do with these things. I'd be surprised if his agent wasn't also stirring things up behind the scenes too.

Haven't we paid massive amounts to agents over the last few years?  Pretty sure we've been regularly the highest in the league.  So I think we are reasonably comfortable with working with agents.

12 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Haven't we paid massive amounts to agents over the last few years?  Pretty sure we've been regularly the highest in the league.  So I think we are reasonably comfortable with working with agents.

Comfortable still means paying ridiculous amounts of money to the cunts. Another shitstain on the modern game.

Just now, VladimirIlyich said:

Comfortable still means paying ridiculous amounts of money to the cunts. Another shitstain on the modern game.

Yep, there definitely should be a rule that they are only allowed to be paid by the players they represent, not the clubs.  

9 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Fair enough. Completely wipes out Alisson, Van Dijk, Salah, Mane, Thiago, Gini, Robertson, Matip, Fabinho moves. You know, the ones that turned us into a winning team. Who would you trust? 

Ben davies though

• Upvote 1

If Klopp really wanted him to stay, he’d have got the contract he was after. We must be thinking he’s not that hard to replace considering the contracts Henderson, Milner & Thiago are on and Fabinho getting a new improved contract while Gini was on the same one he originally signed when he got here. 

6 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Fair point. Yeah, now you mention it they are untrustworthy. So, who would you trust. 

Give it another 2 or 3 posts and you'll get "bla bla bla FSG cunts bla bla bla".

You're asking him a question that needs a small amount of intelligence to answer, and he's completely fucked.

Funny to watch it happen !

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, scudger99 said:

Give it another 2 or 3 posts and you'll get "bla bla bla FSG cunts bla bla bla".

You're asking him a question that needs a small amount of intelligence to answer, and he's completely fucked.

Funny to watch it happen !

Yeah. It is a pretty simple question, to be fair. The point isn’t (just) to make him look daft, it’s to get his mind to the point where he tries to answer it and the realisation must then be ‘oh, shit, there’s literally no other team in the word in the history of football that I can point to who he can’t turn around and say ‘yeah, but what about…’ and name a shit player and the logical conclusion is that what I am really saying is that I will only trust people with an entirely perfect record, which doesn’t exist, so maybe my argument is wrong’, but you’re right it’ll just be ‘but what about Keita’ or ‘FSG suck’. 

People seem to be so swayed by their biases these days. I mean, of course it happened before but it’s rife now. It’s not about objectivity or being right or whatever, it’s about scoring points for your own belief system. It’s not just footy but the wider world. It’s a pain in the arse. 

Anyway, I’m not sure I could name a group of people who I trust to get it more right than the current team at Liverpool. They’re not perfect, nobody is, but the hit rate is crazy high and the money has been tight. So… who does Daisy trust? You know, other than Daisy.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Its less about trusting them,they obviously can spot a player,but more about 'how much are they prepared to spend?'

It might be less about it for you, but not for Daisy. 

As for money, we’ve just spent 44m on a young defender. Also linked to Bissouma as Gini’s replacement.