You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Georginio Wijnaldum

Unrighteous

He's an awesome character, and has been influential for us in our recent success, no doubt about it.

I'm gutted he's not getting an Anfield send off in front of a sell out crowd.

I'm not that bothered that we have to find better in midfield though.

He's has way too many games where he's offered nothing. Far too many.

Had Oxlade not got his injury, and had Keita not flopped, and had Hendo not stared picking up lengthy injuries, and had Fabinho not been 4th choice centre back, he'd not have had as many games as he does.

I don't think that's debatable.

Get rid of Keita and bring in a proper central midfielder and we'll not give Gini another thought.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Wicket said:

Im genuinely curious to know what the stumbling block to keeping him is, especially when you consider we’ve carried on with Milner to his mid 30s. (not a dig at Milner btw)

Milner is a robot. 

Fair play to him if he wants to try somewhere new. It’s a shame for us but we’re only annoyed because he’s good. Honoured his contract, the club seemingly knew he was going even a year ago and could have got some dosh but they didn’t. That’s not his fault. 
We sometimes forget that to a lot of these lads it’s a job, if you’ve got transferable skills and get get paid a load while testing out other cultures then good on you, hope he gets a great move.

I'll miss Gini. He was immense at times, powerful and impossible to dispossess and consistent for most of his time with us. He was waning a bit this season though and he is now 30 so a good time for us to part ways. Came across as a lovely bloke too. All the best, mate.

Gini has been a success for us, he’s obviously been carrying out a job that Klopp wanted him to do and he’s done it well.

Some great and not so great performances, Barca’s being the most obviously notable, and I think he’s definitely in the “plus” column overall.

No great team is made up of 11 superstars and the grafters are key to success and Gini has given his all almost all of the time.

We may well miss his contribution and might only find out how much when he’s gone, but I think he’s left the club in no doubt he was leaving, to his credit, and we should therefore have replacement, hopefully better than him, lined up.

Best of luck fella, you’ll always be a hero for being part of the squad that ended the wait, and a. Champions League winner to boot.

9 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Our recruitment team have been very good. Why wouldn't you trust them? 

Beat me too it I don't remember people swinging from the trees when we signed him , trust Klopp and the backroom staff to get it right their track record is pretty impressive 

I shall now say goodbye to Wijnaldum in the style of RAWK but with a TLW touch.

Wiji Wiji Wiji Woo

It’s time to say goodbye to you

If you were a squirrel, in a tree

You would be the highest, see

If Philly Burkhill drew your face

In the Louvre it would have pride of place

A full-english breakfast is within your means

And you always have it without beans

You made Messi look like pants

And so you leave with all our thanks

So Wiji Wiji Wiji Woo

Goodbye and much good luck to you

• Upvote 7

55 minutes ago, Wicket said:

Im genuinely curious to know what the stumbling block to keeping him is, especially when you consider we’ve carried on with Milner to his mid 30s. (not a dig at Milner btw)

Wijnaldum: "We will see what I will do in the next couple of weeks. I will rest a little bit then go to the national team. I will have to look at my story and how everything went. The fans deserve to know the story behind it."

Sounds like FSG being cunts as per usual 

• Downvote 3