You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Georginio Wijnaldum

Unrighteous

10 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

So reading between the lines it is your take that Klopp is one of those that doesn't care about Gini.

No, obviously Klopp would rather Gini stay. But if, as it seems, we don't want to make an offer Gini is willing to take, all parties will accept it well and move on. Klopp hasn't seemed that bothered, frankly, and I think he understands the situation. 

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

He's not part of it, obviously. Every decision is made behind his back by the bastard Mike Gordon and his FSG acolytes. 

The club don't care about Gini is an insane thing to say. The success is built on everyone caring about everyone. Klopp loves the bones of the man, so much so that if leaving for free is in Gini's best interests then he will depart with Jurgen's blessing. 

15 hours ago, No2 said:

The club don't care about Gini is an insane thing to say. The success is built on everyone caring about everyone. Klopp loves the bones of the man, so much so that if leaving for free is in Gini's best interests then he will depart with Jurgen's blessing. 

Does it really need to be said that by "don't care" I meant I think Klopp and the club are fine with any outcome in this situation? I didn't mean Klopp literally doesn't care, as in he doesn't care if Gini dropped dead. No, doesn't care as in we're clearly fine with letting him go for free, or if we sign him on the terms we want, that's fine too. Why you needed this clarification, I'm not really sure.

13 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Yep, and for us in front of goal he is Der Bummer.

Have to disagree. If played in that position he could score 15 per season but plays a disciplined role, comprising for the team. Modern day Ronnie whelan with more speed. Not a thing he can’t do except ping it 50 yards. One of the most important players in last 20 years. Done more than alonso or mash but admittedly not as good as either

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, paulb1 said:

Have to disagree. If played in that position he could score 15 per season but plays a disciplined role, comprising for the team. Modern day Ronnie whelan with more speed. Not a thing he can’t do except ping it 50 yards. One of the most important players in last 20 years. Done more than alonso or mash but admittedly not as good as either

Its not a comment on his quality - he is a top class modern midfielder, you couldn't win the ball off him in a phone booth. He has been really wasteful with chances for us though, cannot really argue that.

He did play further forward at Newcastle but I don't think he scored 15.

In a 4-3-3 as the furthest forward he would not for us either imo.

13 minutes ago, paulb1 said:

He is a quality player...and vital to us - does his job in middle of park brilliantly.

But his finishing for us is more often than not abysmal...granted it is not really his job to score many for us, but he does find himself in good positions from time to time and the results are more often than not bad.

1 hour ago, paulb1 said:

Gini is not as good as Xabi I agree, but he’s a much better footballer than Mascherano ever was. 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

If his best position is at 6 why would we move Fabinho?

Nor sure 8 get the question.

I reckon Gini is best at #6. So is Fabinho. We also have Thiago and Henderson who are excellent there.

Fabinho will play the entire season at center back now.

If Gini leaves before next season, a new centre back comes in and Fabinho can go back into midfield.