You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Georginio Wijnaldum

Unrighteous

• 4 weeks later...

Just sign it, Gini.

30-years-old as of last week but seems to be made of James Milner-type stuff judging by his ever-availability. There's a few top-level years left in this cat yet. Particularly love seeing the guy completely dominate the middle for us in big European games. 

2 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

Could really do with him signing especially as Chamberlain and Keita are waste of time and need binning next summer.

Rightly or wrongly, I don't think the club care about Wijnaldum. They would probably rather keep Keita and Chamberlain, knowing they are younger, than pay Wijnaldum what he deserves into his 30's. And if he doesn't get his payday, he'll get it somewhere else. 

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Rightly or wrongly, I don't think the club care about Wijnaldum. They would probably rather keep Keita and Chamberlain, knowing they are younger, than pay Wijnaldum what he deserves into his 30's. And if he doesn't get his payday, he'll get it somewhere else. 

Sorry who are the club? Where does Jurgen Klopp fit into the "club"? 

2 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

TBH it is an insulting offer - he should sign for less than Chamberlain or Naby Fuckin Keita??

Agreed. He's been massively underpaid in relation to the rest of his squad and if those are the terms being offered then no wonder he's been delaying.

Mad thing is, in an interview with Talksport the other week Klopp was asked if he had to choose one of his players to be his agent he said "the two Dutch guys, Virg and Gini." He elaborated by saying "Gini is tight. He'd make sure I got a good deal".

Seems to me like he just wants want he's worth. I hope we give it to him as he deserves it.

• Upvote 1