You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Georginio Wijnaldum

Unrighteous

2 minutes ago, Grinch said:

He needs to go for sure but Matip is too injury prone and Gonez desperately needs to prove he can stay fit before we could rely on three centre backs.    We've run into trouble with four as it is. 

Can't be blocking the progress for Hoever though. 

1 hour ago, Grinch said:

He needs to go for sure but Matip is too injury prone and Gonez desperately needs to prove he can stay fit before we could rely on three centre backs.    We've run into trouble with four as it is. 

If trouble is winning 2 trophies already this season and being runaway unbeaten multiple record breaking leaders in the Premier League as well as still in the FA Cup and Champions League then I'm all for a spot of that kind of bother.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

Isn’t there footage of him walking onto the training field last week and telling Henderson “I’ve extended” and Henderson smiling and giving him a hug?

Doesn't everyone get extended at the sight of our captain in his shorts? 

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, moof said:

Mo’s smile makes me smile the most. But yeah, Gini. The club won’t thank me for this but slap the contract down, let him write whatever numbers he wants. Gini’s at the wheel man, he’s doing it - the Netherlands are back

Fair point about the Netherlands. They are going to be in the shake up for the Euros this summer and their players will attract a lot of interest. That said,I trust Klopp and if he wants Gini to move on the so be it.

• 1 month later...
Guest Alex_K

Amidst all the gloom tonight - what an absolute Pearl this guy is. One of the most improved players during his time we’ve ever seen here. That jink down the flank was outrageous 

1 minute ago, Alex_K said:

Amidst all the gloom tonight - what an absolute Pearl this guy is. One of the most improved players during his time we’ve ever seen here. That jink down the flank was outrageous 

The performance he put in tonight was unbelievable. Very rarely have I witnessed a player putting in so much hard work, run that much, and still have both the skills, creativity and the energy to open up their defence on several occasions.

Great match from a great character, that deserved a different outcome.

• 1 month later...
On 21/07/2016 at 10:42, Karius said:

Underwhelming to say the least but Klopps future will live and die by these signings so for his sake I hope he knows what he's doing

Hahaha. Fuck me, are you the actual Karius????

Anyway, this beautiful man has just welcomed a new kid into the world. 

EW3x8Y7X0AIU0PM?format=jpg&name=medium

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Hahaha. Fuck me, are you the actual Karius????

Anyway, this beautiful man has just welcomed a new kid into the world. 

EW3x8Y7X0AIU0PM?format=jpg&name=medium

Wearing Blue so I'm obviously outraged

• 5 months later...

Apologies if posted elsewhere but good to see a player calling these cunts out for Saturday and in previous games 

Gini Wijnaldum has blasted Jordan Pickford and Everton for their approach in the Merseyside derby, criticising the “stupid” tackle which led to a long-term injury for Virgil van Dijk.

Frustration and anger were just two emotions which spread throughout the club in the immediate aftermath of Liverpool’s clash with Everton, with Van Dijk recklessly challenged by Pickford.

The following day it was confirmed that the Dutchman had sustained a grade three ACL tear, putting his 2020/21 season in jeopardy and leaving his teammates simmering with rage at the manner in which his injury was sustained. 

Speaking ahead of Liverpool’s clash with Ajax on Tuesday, Wijnaldum did not hold back in his assessment of Everton and their “unacceptable” approach to the game which saw both Van Dijk and Thiago succumb to knee injuries. 

“First of all, devastated, think it’s different than normal – how it happened was hard for us and I think everyone still has and feeling about it,” Wijanldum told reporters. 

“When speaking with lads after sat I think no one of the players slept after what happened with Virgil because of the way it happened. 
It’s really hard one to take for me, and also for the team.

We were upset, as I explained before, the way Pickford went it on the challenge, in my opinion, was stupid and I believe he didn’t want to injure Virgil but the way he took the tackle he didn’t care what happened after.

“We had it a lot in games against Everton, in my opinion, they take it way too far. We know it’s a derby and everyone wants to win but sometimes you go over the top, but it was too much.

“If you talk about the tackle of Richarlison on Thiago it was also a nasty one, that’s what bothers me the most and most of the other players. 

“Accidents can always happen in football, you can be unlucky and injure someone but the way they were doing it was completely unacceptable.

“It makes it harder that they don’t get punished. In this case Pickford after seeing the videos.”

With the referees having deemed to have seen the incident, no retrospective action will be taken on Pickford and the players are right to feel aggrieved for they have not only lost an exceptional player but an important teammate on and off the field as they push to continue their success.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2020/10/gini-wijnaldum-blasts-stupid-jordan-pickford-challenge-and-over-the-top-everton/

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

Pickford better watch his back in the game at Anfield as you just get the feeling there's some major payback coming his way. 

Gini is basically saying what the entire dressing room are thinking and pickfords in for some pain at anfield. 

What are they gonna do though they can’t exactly beat the shit out of him? We aren’t that kind of team and neither is klopp that kind of manager who would allow it.

appreciate Gini saying what we are all thinking but the only thing we can do is get on with it.

32 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

What are they gonna do though they can’t exactly beat the shit out of him? We aren’t that kind of team and neither is klopp that kind of manager who would allow it.

appreciate Gini saying what we are all thinking but the only thing we can do is get on with it.

The way to beat the fuck out of him is to put fucking 8 past him. Just kick the ball straight at him. That normally works

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

Bring on Nat Phillips last minute of the game when we’re 4 goals up with one instruction only.