You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Georginio Wijnaldum

Unrighteous

If there was one facet of his game that he could improve on, I'm sure 99% of us would say his finishing, so that sumptuous goal today was something else. Lobbed goals are easily the most aesthetically pleasing goals and this was just delicious. 

• Upvote 3

He's so understated yet so consistent. 

I'd actually argue if anybody kept a log of who they picked for motm this season then they'd be surprised that he'd probably be the one they've picked the most. 

He's been excellent this season, arguably the best centre mid in the league. 

Just imagine how could he could be if he scored a little more often, and it's in his locker, that's probably the most frustrating part. 

His goal gets better and better every time you see it, however it's something he needs to do more. Our midfield doesn't chip in with enough goals and gini is more than capable of getting 7or8 goals a season, if not 10. 

Outstanding today again, especially given his loose ring over the last few days. Amazing energy levels

11 hours ago, Remmie said:

If there was one facet of his game that he could improve on, I'm sure 99% of us would say his finishing, so that sumptuous goal today was something else. Lobbed goals are easily the most aesthetically pleasing goals and this was just delicious. 

It was just okay. Speroni and Boruc aren't a great advertisement for the standard of keepers outside of the top 6. 

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Hades said:

It was just okay. Speroni and Boruc aren't a great advertisement for the standard of keepers outside of the top 6. 

I thought Boruc had a great game and he's not even first choice. Speroni was 3rd choice and all

• 2 months later...
Guest Alex_K

He's just an immense player. Not sure what kind of player to liken him to of years-gone-by. Energy levels of the sort that would leave even Kuyt in his slipstream. He was always physically an immensely strong player, but he's developed his game into a sort of Essien/Makelele fusion with the former's lung-busting runs and the latters immaculate positioning. Superb player. Our midfield bossed Barcelona's midfield for 180 minutes.

2 hours ago, Alex_K said:

He's just an immense player. Not sure what kind of player to liken him to of years-gone-by. Energy levels of the sort that would leave even Kuyt in his slipstream. He was always physically an immensely strong player, but he's developed his game into a sort of Essien/Makelele fusion with the former's lung-busting runs and the latters immaculate positioning. Superb player. Our midfield bossed Barcelona's midfield for 180 minutes.

Seedorf but not quite.

On 21/07/2016 at 11:55, viRdjil said:

I'm not convinced he could cut it against teams sitting deep. His first touch often deserts him.

On 23/07/2016 at 11:01, viRdjil said:

Here's him playing CM for the Netherlands. He seems to only play at one pace.

https://youtu.be/WxgKs16VB5A

On 23/07/2016 at 12:25, viRdjil said:

That's not very good for discussions is it? Klopp has made and will make mistakes, and we're here to discuss them amongst other things.

On 23/07/2016 at 13:42, viRdjil said:

I read his views, and I disagree with them. Do you have your own? Or is it a classic case of "In Klopp we trust!"

You're on the fucking money I trust in him. 

On 23/07/2016 at 14:55, viRdjil said:

I wanted to us sign him as opposed to Mane, and to replace either Lallana or Firmino. Not instead of a controlling midfielder.

Thank fuck we didn't sign Goetze instead of Mane, eh! 

On 25/07/2016 at 11:58, Gym Beglin said:

Some squad we're amassing.

Keepers:

Karius, Mignolet, Manninger

Centre Backs:

Matip, Lovren, Sakho, Klavan, Gomez

Full Backs:

Moreno, Clyne, Chilwell, Gomez

Centre mids:

Henderson, Milner, Grujic, Can, Brannagan, Wijnaldum

Attacking mids:

Lallana, Coutinho, Mane, Firmino, Kent, Wijnaldum, Ojo

Forwards:

Sturridge, Origi, Ings, Firmino, Mane

Looking back at this shows how far we've come. 

On 25/07/2016 at 19:50, viRdjil said:

Swap Firmino with Origi against crap teams.

We did exactly that last night. Good call.

On 25/07/2016 at 23:00, Nightcat said:

Soon will be world class under Klopp.

Correct.

On 02/08/2016 at 13:18, J-V said:

He's nothing special.  Don't let the price tag fool you we just like wasting vast amounts of money on average.

Nope.

On 07/08/2016 at 17:54, moof said:

Far too early to call it. He's had about 180 minutes in a red shirt.

For the record; I think he's gonna be ace.

source.gif

I had doubts about him and thought he was just a decent water carrier but in the last 18 months he's really stepped up a notch. He's scored a few goals of late but if he can make that a regular occurrence he'll be some player.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Elite said:

I had doubts about him and thought he was just a decent water carrier but in the last 18 months he's really stepped up a notch. He's scored a few goals of late but if he can make that a regular occurrence he'll be some player.

No doubt about it, he - like the rest of the team - has become a great player in the last 12-18 months. He is playing with better players and being a better player because of it. It's a team game and he is vital to the team.

27 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

You're on the fucking money I trust in him. 

Thank fuck we didn't sign Goetze instead of Mane, eh! 

Looking back at this shows how far we've come. 

We did exactly that last night. Good call.

Correct.

Nope.

source.gif

Yikes, Gotze over Mane wasn’t my best call. I feel I’ve more than made up for it with my Maguire call. From nobody to now £70m rated. And Virgil...

Just now, viRdjil said:

Yikes, Gotze over Mane wasn’t my best call. I feel I’ve more than made up for it with my Maguire call. From nobody to now £70m rated. And Virgil...

Maguire is shit and isn't rated at £70m. In fact, when they asked for it they were laughed out of town.