You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Georginio Wijnaldum

Unrighteous

He's looked lost so far but there has been glimpses of talent, picking out Lalanna against the arse for one that hopefully he'll build on once he's settled in. For now, and with couhthino being awful stuck out in the left, I wouldn't mind seeing them switching positions and maybe we might get a tune out of both of them.

• Upvote 1

Looks better the closer he gets to the opposition goal, but then that is the case for all three of the midfield that played on Saturday. I think it will look a little different once we have Can back in the deeper role.

This guy is a proper smart footballer and does the simple things really well - our best player for keeping possession while creating space to attack

Linked the play really well and some class touches also at times

So he's basically Joe Allen? I'd want a little more than that for £25m. I think he'll do a lot better in the future it was just a pointless signing when we already had Coutinho, Firmino, Lallana and Mane.

So he's basically Joe Allen? I'd want a little more than that for £25m. I think he'll do a lot better in the future it was just a pointless signing when we already had Coutinho, Firmino, Lallana and Mane.

Allen is a natural centre mid at least, this guy is more of an AM.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/georginio-wijnaldum/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/49499/plus/0?saison=2014&verein=&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=&trainer_id=

I know he is mate, that's what I'm trying to say, it was a pointless waste of £25m as we have plenty of better AMs and when he plays as a CM he is doing everything Joe Allen does.