You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Georginio Wijnaldum

Unrighteous

Early days I know, but in the two games he never really looked like he has the know-how of playing CM. He struggled to get himself involved in the game. He looked decent when he had the ball, but off it, some question marks. I'd start Hendo and Can against Arsenal.

Early days I know, but in the two games he never really looked like he has the know-how of playing CM. He struggled to get himself involved in the game. He looked decent when he had the ball, but off it, some question marks. I'd start Hendo and Can against Arsenal.

think henderson could be this seasons joe allen. impact sub.

There's seems to be so much negativity towards this lad before he's even had the chance to settle in. I don't get it, why does a certain section of our fans feel the need to pigeon hole a player into being shit without giving him a fuckin chance?

It weird and self defeating, from what I've seem he works his balls off, keeps it simple and has a great appreciation of what's going on around him. That's what I want in any Liverpool player, give you're all for the team and if you can contribute a few goals and assists along the way then great.

Let's not go down this road of scapegoating players because they're not a Gerrard/Alonso hybrid, it only backfires on us every single time and becomes a self fulfilling prophecy, one in which you kill the players confidence and he goes missing during games because he's shit scared of getting the ball and making a mistake.

I've seen it far to many times and it looks like it's starting again. It's madness and needs knockin on the head.

• Upvote 4

There's seems to be so much negativity towards this lad before he's even had the chance to settle in. I don't get it, why does a certain section of our fans feel the need to pigeon hole a player into being shit without giving him a fuckin chance?

It weird and self defeating, from what I've seem he works his balls off, keeps it simple and has a great appreciation of what's going on around him. That's what I want in any Liverpool player, give you're all for the team and if you can contribute a few goals and assists along the way then great.

Let's not go down this road of scapegoating players because they're not a Gerrard/Alonso hybrid, it only backfires on us every single time and becomes a self fulfilling prophecy, one in which you kill the players confidence and he goes missing during games because he's shit scared of getting the ball and making a mistake.

I've seen it far to many times and it looks like it's starting again. It's madness and needs knockin on the head.

Fuck off JP.

• Upvote 3

Me? I've never been convinced that he's the right player for us. A controlling midfielder, one who could set the the tempo like Kroos or Alonso, would've been the ideal partner for Can. I hope he'll be a big player for us.. but I'm not going to pretend that I think he's going to be great for us just because he signed for us Arl Arse.

That's not the Liverpool way.  He didn't score a hat trick in the first 15 minutes of his debut so he's a cunt.  We didn't pay £50 million for him, so he's shit and a cunt.  He doesn't have an outlandish hairdo, so he's a cunt.  And he's not a left back, so he's a cunt.

His overall cuntishness makes him a complete cunt, and so's his Ma.

I like him.  He gave the ball away a bit yesterday but he's still finding his way.  I'm hoping he can weigh in with his share of goals as well.

Think we may have purchased a turd and makes swaping joe allen for him even more grinding. Have to say i was impressed with him last season, but is he a match of tge day player seems to go awol for the majority of the games, lets hope proves us wrong as theres been plenty of players have impressed in pre season and been shit once it starts proper

First game I have seen him play for us,v Barca,and thought he really struggled.

He reminds me a bit of Henderson. Plenty of energy, he looks like a willing worker, without being great defensively. We might see them two rotated throughout the season.

This is what The Guardian said about him in their review of the Championship.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/aug/04/championship-2016-17-season-preview

The highly erratic Georginio Wijnaldum – who tended to vanish in away games last season – has, astonishingly, been sold to Liverpool for almost double the £14.5m Newcastle paid for the Dutchman a year ago and France’s Moussa Sissoko also looks set to depart but confidence in the Rafa‑lution remains sky high.

So, he's shit.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/aug/04/championship-2016-17-season-preview

The highly erratic Georginio Wijnaldum – who tended to vanish in away games last season – has, astonishingly, been sold to Liverpool for almost double the £14.5m Newcastle paid for the Dutchman a year ago and France’s Moussa Sissoko also looks set to depart but confidence in the Rafa‑lution remains sky high.

So, he's shit.

Their fans didn't think so.

So, he's shit.

No just lazy journalism once again on behalf of the Guardian.

So, he's shit.

Flair is the first casualty of Rafalution.