You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Georginio Wijnaldum

Unrighteous

Please for the love of everything that is holy, sign a left back now.

Actually, thinking about it, I'd still like this, but if the new signings are all they're cracked up to be, I'll be less nervous than I would have been.

Even if we start with Moreno, we're less reliant on him to do any attacking, because we've added pace and goals ahead of him.  And even if he makes the same number of defensive fuck-ups, he has better defenders and a better goalkeeper to make sure they're not as costly.

Klavan didn't lean... I need a really boss lean to balance that out.

I saw a picture of Klavan leaning on Daniel Sturridge last season. He recovered from his injuries after.

That's a lean that any player would be happy with.

Never heard of the cunt

All you need to know is this:

The last two players we signed who were previous "Eredivisie Player of the Year" recipients - Kuyt and Suarez

The last two players who we signed from a club managed by Rafa Benitez - Sturridge and (sort of) Coutinho

All you need to know is this:

The last two players we signed who were previous "Eredivisie Player of the Year" recipients - Kuyt and Suarez

The last two players who we signed from a club managed by Rafa Benitez - Sturridge and (sort of) Coutinho

and the last two players we signed from Newcastle where Carroll and Enrique.....

For the record I think he'll be a good signing for us.

I was complaining about this signing not making a lot of sense given the price and the position he plays (unless we're planning to sell Lallana) but I've just seen that Everton have offered 25m for ...

... Gylfi Sigurdsson!

So now I'm feeling like we may have gotten a bit of a bargain, really.

I was complaining about this signing not making a lot of sense given the price and the position he plays (unless we're planning to sell Lallana) but I've just seen that Everton have offered 25m for ...

... Gylfi Sigurdsson!

So now I'm feeling like we may have gotten a bit of a bargain, really.

Better get ready for the Gylfi>Gini posts on GOT.

and the last two players we signed from Newcastle where Carroll and Enrique.....

For the record I think he'll be a good signing for us.

Wasn't Didi the last midfielder that we bought from them? Played one season in the league with the barcodes,moved to us. Anything close to 1 big ears, a europa, 2 fa cups and 2 league cups and I'd be very happy.

Do our transfer committee not feel even the slightest twinge of embarrassment regarding the fact that for all their supposed knowledge and data, they pretty much just end up letting other teams in the league do the their scouting for them at a huge mark up?

We learned everything we know from Tottenham

Do our transfer committee not feel even the slightest twinge of embarrassment regarding the fact that for all their supposed knowledge and data, they pretty much just end up letting other teams in the league do the their scouting for them at a huge mark up?

There certainly have been some bad ones, but didnt they suggest Mane and Rodgers said no before He went to Southampton?

I don't think it's the suggested players that's the problem, they've picked Costa before his breakout season as a central striker, Willian, Texeiria, Sanchez, Mikhytaryan, Salah, Konoplyanka, Gylfi plus they've got some good ones signed, Coutinho and Sturridge were brilliant signings for the price. The problem is actually getting the deals done and when we don't we then overpay for the likes of Wijnaldum and Benteke which then doesn't make sense. I think Wijnaldum will be a good signing to be honest we've just grossly overpaid for another Premier League player again.

• Upvote 1

I don't think it's the suggested players that's the problem, they've picked Costa before his breakout season as a central striker, Willian, Texeiria, Sanchez, Mikhytaryan, Salah, Konoplyanka, Gylfi plus they've got some good ones signed, Coutinho and Sturridge were brilliant signings for the price. The problem is actually getting the deals done and when we don't we then overpay for the likes of Wijnaldum and Benteke which then doesn't make sense. I think Wijnaldum will be a good signing to be honest we've just grossly overpaid for another Premier League player again.

How much do you reckon he's worth?

How much do you reckon he's worth?

I have no idea but I wouldn't have no more than £15m for him, I think for a bit more than £25m we could have got Dahoud or a better player. I know his contracts nearly up but Utd didn't pay much more than that for Mikhytaryan.