You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transfers summer 2016

I think we're fine up front with Origi and Sturridge, especially if we're only playing one up front. Then there's Ings (who I think is a bit crap, but good for 4th choice) and Firmino who can play there too.

But yeah, top notch midfielder and decent left back seem like obvious ones. Wijnaldum just appears to be a similar sort of running about midfielder that we already have.

Unfortunately, not many of them knocking about is there

Premier League giants are on red alert after Julian Draxler announced he intends to leave VfL Wolfsburg.

Draxler, after an impressive Euros with Germany, has been linked with Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United this summer.

He told BILD this morning: "I want to leave the club, I had already alerted them after the European Championship semi-final against France."

Arsenal are regarded as favourites for Draxler's signing.

He left Schalke for VfL last summer for €34 million.

Draxler's a number 10, isn't he?

Looks like we're done tbh.

At the start of the window must wanted lists had goalkeeper, a left back, a dm, midfielder, pace out wide and a striker.

2/6 and actually weakened our full back options, only Liverpool could manage this.

At least it looks like the mancs aren't getting Pogba, we won't have to pretend he's shit now.   Not that we'll be anywhere near them this season anyway.

Everything is great. A great season ahead. Yay. Thank you superintelligent, superyank FSG. 

Thank you Mods and Admins for helping to find an objective point of view. Yay for freedom of speech and democracy.

cf70953501ca3af9_480x270.jpg

Mods can you make that photo (zoomed in of course) in to his avatar please? Maybe all obvious trolls could have obvious troll avatars given to them, seeing as it's an open mong policy here.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

That Draxler news is interesting.

I think there's a 3% chance of us signing him, but I'm happy just to be part of the day.

Can't see him going to City, they're well stocked with wide men (De Bruyne, Sterling, Sane, Navas, Nasri).

Arsenal are a weird club at the moment, such an odd collection of players, and a manager on his way out within 18 months I'd say. Be very surprised if Draxler thought it was a good move for him.

Chelsea? C'est possible. Hazard, Willian, Pedro, Cuadrado already on the books though, seems they would want to sell.

Man United? I think it's very likely. Such a dearth of talent in attacking areas, the likes of Mata and Young and Januzaj are laughable.

Spurs? Have kept their powder dry this season, maybe they've got a £50m signing in them. Pochettino very alluring as a manager.

Before the window opened I would have said out needs were:

Goalkeeper

Central defence

Left back

Winger

Midfield*

We have strengthened 3/5 so far, and I expect a left back to still come in, though we'll see.

Midfield is the question mark, as the way I see it we needed a defensive midfielder... but that doesn't appear to be how Klopp sees it. I think there is much more to come from Wijnaldum, and his pace and goals through the middle will be very welcome. I doubt Henderson will be as bad as last season, where he carried that heel injury for most of it. Can is a year older and wiser, and Gruijic is young and highly rated, but I doubt he will start regularly just yet.

It will be interesting to see what emerges in the middle, as the way most of us see it would be to have a holding player protecting the back four, then the others can bomb on and do their thing. But we don't appear to have that.

Still, I would say it's been a decent window thus far, and I expect more progress to be made due to Klopp's coaching and the time we have in between games.

Really surprised we haven't signed a striker, left back or holding mid. Players like Can will let him down at some stage, guaranteed, feels like we've just nibbled around the edges when what we needed was a spine transplant.

It is unrealistic to think that we'll use the summer transfer window to strengthen our weakest areas. We have failed to in every summer since FSG came in and for 8 successive years.

The window is a damaged limitations exercise.

• Upvote 1

To be honest I don't understand why more of us aren't Premier League managers.

I myself have outstanding FM credentials but then I do cheat.

I understand everybody makes mistakes including Klopp and past summers have seen obvious issues left unaddressed, but a bit of faith in the manager atleast until a ball has been kicked in anger can go a long way.

Let's wait till half time at the Emirates then we can slag him.

To be honest I don't understand why more of us aren't Premier League managers.

I myself have outstanding FM credentials but then I do cheat.

I understand everybody makes mistakes including Klopp and past summers have seen obvious issues left unaddressed, but a bit of faith in the manager atleast until a ball has been kicked in anger can go a long way.

Let's wait till half time at the Emirates then we can slag him.

That's fair, however, genuine question... what do you propose we talk about in this thread until then?

That's fair, however, genuine question... what do you propose we talk about in this thread until then?

Transfer talk is not a problem, questioning a buy is not a problem, but as I said I think a bit of trust in the managers decisions will be better served for people's blood pressure.