You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transfers summer 2016

This line gets thrown out all the time. Klopp couldn't afford too at Dortmund nor Mainz.

Two teams with finances that relegation candidates in the premier league would dwarf this season. So why would the seven richest club on the planet choose not to spend what the club earns when our squad is dismal in certain places?

Fair play you have a point but this is only his 1st summer transfer window.

Did Rafa sign any marquee players in his 1season and was Suarez who was outshone by Carrol when they signed a marquee signing?

You want marquee signings you are looking at 50 million plus can we affird that when the squad is so poor in areas?

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk

Would you say there success, or the quality of the squad they have, is anywhere near what you'd expect from a club that has spent that much money though?

In the context, I don't know, because there are still clubs who spend more than they do.

However, it cannot be denied that they have had considerable success after spending lots of money, and the two are probably quite closely linked.

It's a bizarre example to use.

• Upvote 2

Nothing to do with our transfers but £100 million fucking pounds for a camel legged footballer is truly insane

As is tv deals worth a 100m to each club.   50 quid for a shit quality jersey, 60 quid for match ticket and 100 quid a month for poxy sky tv.   That's the money that's in the game so you may get used to it.

They can easily afford it so why shouldn't they spend it on players, the alternative is banking the money and making their yank owners richer by the minute.

We measure success differently, because I for one wouldn't be happy to win the league in the scrappy shitty uninspiring manner they have.

Indeed.

The way we lost the title was twice as inspiring and great as the way City won the Premier League that season. It's great to lose the title the way we did. It was also great to sell our best player a month later. Great moments, all thanks to the great American white people who run the franchise and their fantastic recruitment policy.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I wouldn't take scoring a goal in the last minute to stop our bitter rivals winning the league to do so ourselves. Must have been shite.

Yeah, I bet it really sucked ripping the title out of Man Us hands in the 94th minute or something.

Maths not your strong point either K-mong ?  Another pish WUM attempt, another chance to make yourself look like a tit.

Yea, I was like... WTF. Four? You shitting me? City, Chelsea, Sisterfisters, Arsenal, Spurs, Us... That's just the sides that regularly finish up and around the top.  A few other sides are getting better too... (as well as the rest of the league in overall, as well)

When at times the specter of Klopp's failure hovers, the first manager that comes to mind is Benitez and can't help but wonder what he could've done with the millions Rodgers had to spend.

But Klopp won't fail if only for the virtually blind faith he is showing in his acquisitions. There must be something he knows that we don't. He has set  up himself already by confidently predicting success. Hope he succeeds for his own sake; he's a classy guy.  

klopps team now he says. hes kept who he wants and made the additions he needs. although we have no cover at full back and he hasnt signed the midfielder we all think we need.

can we stop banging on about it being rodgers team now? he rates more of them than we imagined.

Indeed.

The way we lost the title was twice as inspiring and great as the way City won the Premier League that season. It's great to lose the title the way we did. It was also great to sell our best player a month later. Great moments, all thanks to the great American white people who run the franchise and their fantastic recruitment policy.

Our best player wasn't staying, my tartan friend.  

Seriously, you're an idiot if you don't think he went of his own accord. He engineered it for heaven's sake. And while he was doing it, he effectively sabotaged the season.

What the hell? They offered the job to Klinsmann mid season for fucks sake.

In that power struggle between Rafa and H&G, I know who I'd back to have our best interest.