You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transfers summer 2016

Pretty much how I see it. If \ when Klopp comes out and says he's had enough with the club, Id be happy to accept his view.

FSG arent perfect but I dont think they're as bad as some make out but each to their own.

I haven't got a sliding scale of what a great owner is, and what a terrible owner is. I've not thought about it that much. But some people have spent a lot of time thinking about this, and I'd like to hear what their idea of a 'great owner' is.

Apparently Man United have terrible cunt owners. And we've gloated about it. And now apparently they're fantastic owners if we apply the logic in this thread to them. They've spent a load of money on a load of expensive players, and that's what a great owner is apparently? It appears that one summer of spend can remove all dissenters?

Should a great owner use their own money to finance signings at their club? Aside from people who are mentally unstable, or ardent supporters of the club, how likely exactly is that in this day and age?

Should a great owner dampen down supporter expectations by appointing drab managers, willing to work under a strict budget? Or should they appoint one of the most driven managers in the game, the posterboy of fanaticism, Jurgen Klopp? Bit of a risky ploy to then try to be shit owners and fall out with Klopp over signings?

Klopp left Dortmund, who begged him to stay. He spent a lot of money in his last season at Dortmund, much more than usual, and yet he found his team performed poorly. I think he's a student of the game, I think he was stung by that experience and I think his approach at our club to date seems to indicate that he's viewed that final season at Dortmund as a key lesson. He's drip-feeding new quality into the team, he's not in a rush to buy anyone, EVERYONE, like many fans are. He's targeting his perfect players and he's not settling for 2nd or 3rd choice picks.

But that's just me.

As for FSG, I expect when they initially sat down with him and spoke, I can imagine that he said to them he wanted to carefully grow the team and prefers a tight squad. That's great for FSG because here's a man who doesn't want to spend money like a sailor. But at the same time, and he would have made this clear to them, if he finds a player he wants then he expects FSG to go balls deep for them financially. And that's what they've done so far, gone and got the players he wants when he wants them.

Gladbach wouldn't let Dahoud go, no matter the amount. We went to £40m in the blink of an eye it seems, and would have gone higher, but they weren't interested. Instead, we wait.

Chilwell was an odd one, but for me, it seems that Klopp liked him to a certain extent but he was never the 'perfect' left back, he was a project to develop for the right price. That price got out of hand and Klopp pulled the plug, not FSG.

I think these are rational arguments given the body of evidence before us.

There are three kinds of people in the world, the wills, the won'ts and the can'ts. The first accomplish everything; the second oppose everything; the third fail in everything.

Klopp is in the first category. Many fans are in the second.

Even rico hasn't posted anything as Tory as this.

• Upvote 1

Probably. He seems to want a lot more going forward though. Pace and stamina for a start.

This is good about him converting Erik Durm from a striker into a FB

http://bundesligafanatic.com/how-erik-durm-has-benefitted-from-borussia-dortmunds-defensive-crisis/

Thanks for the reply, but that article contains far too many words.

I haven't got a sliding scale of what a great owner is, and what a terrible owner is. I've not thought about it that much. But some people have spent a lot of time thinking about this, and I'd like to hear what their idea of a 'great owner' is.

Apparently Man United have terrible cunt owners. And we've gloated about it. And now apparently they're fantastic owners if we apply the logic in this thread to them. They've spent a load of money on a load of expensive players, and that's what a great owner is apparently? It appears that one summer of spend can remove all dissenters?

Should a great owner use their own money to finance signings at their club? Aside from people who are mentally unstable, or ardent supporters of the club, how likely exactly is that in this day and age?

Should a great owner dampen down supporter expectations by appointing drab managers, willing to work under a strict budget? Or should they appoint one of the most driven managers in the game, the posterboy of fanaticism, Jurgen Klopp? Bit of a risky ploy to then try to be shit owners and fall out with Klopp over signings?

Klopp left Dortmund, who begged him to stay. He spent a lot of money in his last season at Dortmund, much more than usual, and yet he found his team performed poorly. I think he's a student of the game, I think he was stung by that experience and I think his approach at our club to date seems to indicate that he's viewed that final season at Dortmund as a key lesson. He's drip-feeding new quality into the team, he's not in a rush to buy anyone, EVERYONE, like many fans are. He's targeting his perfect players and he's not settling for 2nd or 3rd choice picks.

But that's just me.

As for FSG, I expect when they initially sat down with him and spoke, I can imagine that he said to them he wanted to carefully grow the team and prefers a tight squad. That's great for FSG because here's a man who doesn't want to spend money like a sailor. But at the same time, and he would have made this clear to them, if he finds a player he wants then he expects FSG to go balls deep for them financially. And that's what they've done so far, gone and got the players he wants when he wants them.

Gladbach wouldn't let Dahoud go, no matter the amount. We went to £40m in the blink of an eye it seems, and would have gone higher, but they weren't interested. Instead, we wait.

Chilwell was an odd one, but for me, it seems that Klopp liked him to a certain extent but he was never the 'perfect' left back, he was a project to develop for the right price. That price got out of hand and Klopp pulled the plug, not FSG.

I think these are rational arguments given the body of evidence before us.

If we were winning titles and FSG had spent the current budget, there wouldnt be anything like the dissatisfaction. But for a cruel end of 2014, they, the manager and players would be lauded for having brought the title home.

Even then, there's always something to whinge at. I mean over 800 quid to sit in the Upper Centenary, come on?

I dont have any figures but it would be interesting to see how much Klopp spent in his first summer window at Dortmund compared to his first summer spend here.

He's already hinted that he thinks set positions are outmoded and he'll use a player where he thinks his abilities are useful.

I think if Milner showed an aptitude for shot stopping and claiming crosses he'd be in goal.

In this case I think Mignolet deserves a shot at left back.

He's already hinted that he thinks set positions are outmoded and he'll use a player where he thinks his abilities are useful.

I think if Milner showed an aptitude for shot stopping and claiming crosses he'd be in goal.

Milner actually said in an interview that goalie is the only position that he hasn't played in the Prem now he has played left back , and killing his boring image a bit he said ' It's like Pokemon Go isn't it, you've gotta get em all '.

I can't believe we have Euclides in the squad, he's going to increase the average age isn't he ?

Piotr Zielinski has claimed that Jurgen Klopp wanted to sign him “badly” for Liverpool.

Midfielder Zielinski was one of Klopp’s top targets this summer as the German embarked on his first summer transfer window at Anfield.

The Reds were once thought to be the favourites to sign him from Udinese, but Serie A side Napoli eventually won the battle for his signature.

AC Milan and his then-loan club, Empoli, were also interested in his services, but it was Liverpool who came closest to signing him before Napoli swooped.

It was claimed that the Reds were Zielinski’s first choice, and they submitted a £9.5m bid for him.

The 22-year-old told Przeglad Sportowy that it was a difficult decision, saying: “There were days when I was walking out of home, looked into my mobile and I didn’t know what to do.

“I spoke a lot with Konrad Golos and Tomasz Dawidowski – my managers from the agency representing me.

“Everyone said: ‘Great offer, Klopp wants you, it’s a fairytale in terms of finances’. All fine, but I wasn’t convinced.

“I was driving my car and I said to my girlfriend: ‘No, red light, I’m not leaving’. I felt great in Empoli, I didn’t want to leave the lads when we were battling for the European places.

“My head was a mess. Liverpool finally got a plane and I met with Jurgen Klopp. He said he wanted me in his team. I saw a different world and after returning my head was even a bigger mess.

“I really wanted to start the preparations for the new season with a new team as soon as possible,” he added.

“I knew that Liverpool wanted me badly and I knew they would return to the talks as I got that promise in January. It didn’t work out for them with Udinese at the end.

“Milan’s offer was dependent on the club’s takeover by Chinese investors. With Napoli, I knew the coach and lots of the lads from the team. I’m happy I came here.

“I think it is ideal in terms of my football characteristics. I’ve met plenty of technical players.

“I found myself in Napoli and I feel more confident day by day.”

Liverpool

The left-back stat is the one which jumps out, only 7% of fans happy with the choices in that position.

However, approval ratings were also low for keeper (62%), second centre-back (67%), and one of the central midfield positions (66%). Only a number 10 type position did particularly well, with 92% approval.

What a completely inaccurate and unfair representation of our squad.