You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transfers summer 2016

I'm happy we've shifted some shite but a bit worried about the size of the squad.

Klopp's philosophy is aimed at getting out of the traps early in the season but by all accounts they pay for it later in the season and require a winter break.

I reckon we're gonna compete for a while based on being able to outrun other sides and cover more ground, but then come Feb or march we're gonna collapse like the school fatty on sports day.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Unless we get an injury crisis, which we are prone to having. In which case, given the lack of cover in certain areas, we could find ourselves in a very deep hole long before Feb or March.

If we have half the injury's that we had last season we will be down to the bare bones.

It gets worse take Milner and Firmino who cover a couple of positions. Clyne whose backup is probably Henderson it starts getting messy.

There are quite a few who had long term injury's or various problems last season. Ings, Sturridge, Gomez, Origi, Henderson, Lucas. Can seems to have a heel problem they are a right bastard. I hear he got sent back from Germany.

We need lady luck on our side if no reinforcements come in.

Matip, Lovren, Klavan, Gomez - seems close to the bone, but will probably be enough. We also have the option of putting a midfielder back there, like Lucas, if it all goes pear shaped on injuries. 

Earlier in the thread someone was making a good point about the progress made in the "out" column this summer. I think that will be important for our future prospects. I see Klopp shifting loads out, bringing a few in and right-sizing the squad; and then as we move forward the additions will be more targeted at specific needs. 

I see two big signings for January/next summer - striker and midfielder. 

We can't do everything at once, but we have done a lot this summer. 

• Upvote 1

The list of players we've dispensed with this window is impressive.

Kristof Polar

Initially read that as Krist of Polgar and thought 'old school' naming.

Jack of Wilshire - fucking no, no, no, no, no. Has temporary insanity set in with some of you?

Conte used to play 352 at Juventus. Luiz would be a monster as the ball playing cb in a 3 man defence. Alonso played in a 3 man backline at Fiorentina as a wingback. Kinda points in that direction. If it is true.

He played 4-3-3 and 4-4-2 diamond as well... Nevertheless he wouldn't be a 'monster' in any defensive line-up as he just isn't a very good defender.

Conte used to play 352 at Juventus. Luiz would be a monster as the ball playing cb in a 3 man defence. Alonso played in a 3 man backline at Fiorentina as a wingback. Kinda points in that direction. If it is true.

This all seems reasonable enough but I'm sticking with the brown paper bag.