You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transfers summer 2016

It's Dominic King saying that Sakho needs to play his football elsewhere this season as he won't be playing it at LFC.

Hope this helps.

The list of players we've dispensed with this window is impressive.

Kolo Toure

Samed Yesil

Jose Enrique

Ryan McLaughlin

Daniel Trickett-Smith

Daniel Cleary

Alex O’Hanlon

Will Marsh

Kristof Polgar

Jordan Rossiter

Jerome Sinclair

Joao Carlos Teixeira

Lawrence Vigouroux

Sergi Canos

Jordon Ibe

Martin Skrtel

Joe Allen

Brad Smith

Christian Benteke

• Upvote 1

Sakho did not want to move to the Potteries and it has also emerged that he has also turned down interest from West Brom, who were eager to buy him.

West Brom would have been prepared to pay as much as £20million for Sakho, who cost Liverpool £18million when he arrived from Paris St Germain three years ago, but he had no ambition to go to The Hawthorns.

Maybe he will change his mind when he realises he has no future here.

Kolo Toure

Samed Yesil

Jose Enrique

Ryan McLaughlin

Daniel Trickett-Smith

Daniel Cleary

Alex O’Hanlon

Will Marsh

Kristof Polgar

Jordan Rossiter

Jerome Sinclair

Joao Carlos Teixeira

Lawrence Vigouroux

Sergi Canos

Jordon Ibe

Martin Skrtel

Joe Allen

Brad Smith

Christian Benteke

Must have saved some wages there

Kolo Toure

Samed Yesil

Jose Enrique

Ryan McLaughlin

Daniel Trickett-Smith

Daniel Cleary

Alex O’Hanlon

Will Marsh

Kristof Polgar

Jordan Rossiter

Jerome Sinclair

Joao Carlos Teixeira

Lawrence Vigouroux

Sergi Canos

Jordon Ibe

Martin Skrtel

Joe Allen

Brad Smith

Christian Benteke

Jesus that is some shite right there. Think about the amount you would still get rid of as well!

I'm a fan of Sakho but it was obvious his fate was sealed. Think the loan is just to showcase him so someone will buy him in January or next year. It will be difficult though because no top club will want to take an unfit center back and play him above their other defenders. I think Sakho will have to settle for somewhere like West Brom eventually.

I don't think Klopp cares about what it does in regards to our depth or quality at the back. He just wants him out. Shame it had to come to this, really.

Kolo Toure

Samed Yesil

Jose Enrique

Ryan McLaughlin

Daniel Trickett-Smith

Daniel Cleary

Alex O’Hanlon

Will Marsh

Kristof Polgar

Jordan Rossiter

Jerome Sinclair

Joao Carlos Teixeira

Lawrence Vigouroux

Sergi Canos

Jordon Ibe

Martin Skrtel

Joe Allen

Brad Smith

Christian Benteke

Yeah, that lot will hardly end up at Barca or Bayern will they. Same goes for Sakho I guess, I quite like him as a player, and seems as likeable a person as the modern footballer gets, but I have no doubt Klopp is doing the right thing.

So nothing wrong with the 'out column', like most on here I'm more worried about the in part.

So nothing wrong with the 'out column', like most on here I'm more worried about the in part.

Take your point about the in column, but this is better than "nothing wrong with the out column" stuff.

This is the best summer we've ever had, from a sales perspective, and it isn't close.  To take that lot of players (plus Alberto, who's not on there for some reason) and get 80m for them is amazing.  When you think of all the time we've had wasters and deadwood stuck on our books for years while we try to sell them, only to have to cut the price to nothing, then you can really appreciate it.  

If we complete it by finishing off Balotelli, Markovic and Lucas (the last one seems pretty unlikely) for decent fees then I'd even give Klopp a pass on not getting a left back.  I think fans aren't rating the job we've done with those sales highly enough.

• Upvote 1

Take your point about the in column, but this is better than "nothing wrong with the out column" stuff.

This is the best summer we've ever had, from a sales perspective, and it isn't close.  To take that lot of players (plus Alberto, who's not on there for some reason) and get 80m for them is amazing.  When you think of all the time we've had wasters and deadwood stuck on our books for years while we try to sell them, only to have to cut the price to nothing, then you can really appreciate it.  

If we complete it by finishing off Balotelli, Markovic and Lucas (the last one seems pretty unlikely) for decent fees then I'd even give Klopp a pass on not getting a left back.  I think fans aren't rating the job we've done with those sales highly enough.

I'm not really bothered about how much money is being put in FSG's pockets , I pay my money to see us competitive on the pitch. 

• Upvote 4

Man, so many crazy reports. 

ESPN saying a source told them that a club would have been willing to pay in excess of £20m for Ings.

http://www.espn.in/football/soccer-transfers/story/2940477/liverpool-rejected-danny-ings-offers-from-eight-premier-league-clubs-source

Melissa Reddy saying Sporting Lisbon were ready to pay £16m for Markovic but he doesn't want to return to Portugal.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2016/08/30/27008102/markovic-considering-switch-from-liverpool-to-newcastle?ICID=HP_BN_2

Dom King saying that West Brom would have been ready to pay £20m for Sakho but he doesn't want to go there.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3764955/Mamadou-Sakho-told-Liverpool-new-club-transfer-window-shuts-forget-playing-season.html

Imagine if we could have done all three of those deals. We'd be the net spend kings.

We're sat on a pile of cash at the moment, and I believe that Klopp will spend every penny of it when, and if, the right players become available. And let's face it, if you have enough money, they WILL become available. I get the impression Klopp is saving for an assault on Gladbach for Dahoud in January, and I wouldnt be surprised if we paid £50m. In the current market you could see, if we sold him in 3 years, us getting closer to £100m for him.

But for now, we need to be able to blow everyone else out of the water with one bid, and one set of wages. City can blow everyone out of the water for lots of players, but we only have enough ammo to go toe-to-toe with them for one player, and I think Dahoud is that player.

So, Dahoud is a prime target, and by all accounts it seems that a 1st choice striker is Klopp's second priority.

If Klopp forces Sakho out, just to prove a point, then I'd slide back from "believer" to "doubter".  It'd be a fuckwitted decision which would (together with the negligence at left back) leave our defence critically weakened and would effectively write off another fucking season.

A lot of ifs there, obviously - but let's just say that I'm not happy at all this talk.

• Upvote 1