Quantcast
Transfers summer 2016 - Page 138 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Agt Provocateur

Transfers summer 2016

Something that's being overlooked a bit in the whole Milner at left back situation is that Klopp seems to wants Milner in the team - he's experienced, he takes the penalties, for example - but there isn't an obvious role for him elsewhere. Perhaps there's an element of finding a place for Milner involved too. Whether that's a valid strategy is questionable too mind you 

A fair point, Henderson taking pens is asking for trouble,

All in all though its been a totally bizarre window and I am finding it hard to summon up much enthusiasm for the season given the glaring deficiencies that have been left un-addressed .  

We are, we signed Mane in the same position and are looking at one of those to develop behind them.

I wasn't specifically referring to the position those two play in. My point was a wider one in that we should be addressing areas of weakness in the first team rather than spending 10m on a young player for a position we're already well stocked in.

He dropped his first choice LB after that arsenal show for a right footed midfielder. 

He didn't though - Milner was injured - he was going to play - Moreno was filling in for Milner v Arsenal

Id love Wilshere in this team and he gives us that horrible sky bastard we don't have, he leaves his studs in all the time after tackles except for Can I can't imagine any of our current midfield doing anything remotely snidey.

Im just filled with fear whenever I see moreno in the team. You just know he's one kick away from a pen or a free kick in a dangerous position. That's if he hasnt gone awol on one of the oppos attack.

I really cant get my head around Klopp's actions on this. He dropped his first choice LB after that arsenal show for a right footed midfielder. Im not convince he's been told he has no money to buy a replacement either. Mysterious.

I don't think it's a question of funds; if you go by those rumours we submitted a transfer request of 11m for Coric.

Looks like Leicester might have some new faces in time for our home game.

Leicester City line up £50m swoop for Adrien Silva and Islam Slimani

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/aug/29/leicester-city-ranieri-silva?CMP=share_btn_tw

They've done well to get Slimani, a new Collymore who can head the ball and is not screwed up with inner demons

Id love Wilshere in this team and he gives us that horrible sky bastard we don't have, he leaves his studs in all the time after tackles except for Can I can't imagine any of our current midfield doing anything remotely snidey.

If this were a few hundred years ago and you said something like that in a public square I daresay you'd get a face full of rotten vegetables.

Can't believe anyone would touch Wilshere here. 101 appearances for Arsenal in six seasons and a third of those were in 2010/11 and a further 25 in 2011/12: 66 games in five seasons and 41 in four. He is the ultimate Wenger player: talented but almost literally never fit.

• Upvote 1

Hes pretty much misses two full season with injury. Id say he's no worse than Sturridge who has played over 14 games once for us. Its a loan deal thats being talked about too

He leaves them in his kit bag. Don't need studs to sit in the stands.

Can't believe anyone would touch Wilshere here. 101 appearances for Arsenal in six seasons and a third of those were in 2010/11 and a further 25 in 2011/12: 66 games in five seasons and 41 in four. He is the ultimate Wenger player: talented but almost literally never fit.

And a cunt.

• Upvote 2

Another load of charity loans coming up. Buy a load of overpriced players who unsurprisingly turn out to be shite, let them go out on loan until the end of their contracts subsidising their wages and they end up leaving for nothing/peanuts at the end of it.

This.

My first reaction to this was very negative, but I see now that with the new Main Stand in place he should fit in nicely.

Edit: Sorry, meant to quote Jay.