You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transfers summer 2016

I don't think anyone would have a problem with us signing the Corics and Pulisics of this world if were doing it alongside signing first team players who we actually need right now.

We are, we signed Mane in the same position and are looking at one of those to develop behind them.

Just want to say Luis Alberto is a good deal. He is obviously a talented player but didn't quite kick on to make his mark in the Prem. You need pace and strength to be able to shine - he has the talent, but not enough of the other two attributes. We've sent him out on loan in recent years to see if he might kick on, but he hasn't, or at least , not enough. But the loans have at least been a partial success, as he has stayed on the radar of a group of clubs who might fancy signing him.

The move to Lazio is a fair deal. And the 30% sell on clause is wise too, as he might really do well in Italy, and that could make a rich club come circling again.

As for the income we are bringing in this summer from selling players - good! We had too many players. I doubt we will sell as many again in future, as Klopp is right-sizing the squad.

The transfer committee's Excel spreadsheets were not programmed to pick things like this up.

Add-ons for Lazio making European competition plus a 30% sell-on clause represent good negotiation to offset the low-ish initial fee, but that is for a player with some top-flight experience to his name. We paid something like £7m for him when he'd only played for the Barcelona and Sevilla reserve sides in the Segunda.

Marko Grujic – Red Star Belgrade – From Loan

Joel Matip – Schalke – Free

Loris Karius – Mainz – £4.7m

Sadio Mane – Southampton – £30m

Ragnar Klavan – Augbsurg – £4.2m

Alex Manninger – Free Contract

Georginio Wijnaldum – Newcastle – £23m

Spent: £61.9m

Players OUT:

Jordan Rossiter – Rangers – £250k (compensation)

Jerome Sinclair – Watford – £4m

Joao Carlos Teixeira – Porto – £250k (compensation)

Lawrence Vigouroux – Swindon Town – undisclosed

Sergi Canos – Norwich City – £2.5m

Jordon Ibe – Bournemouth – £15m

Martin Skrtel – Fenerbahce – £5.5m

Joe Allen – Stoke City – £13m

Brad Smith – Bournemouth – £6m

Christian Benteke – Crystal Palace – £27m

Received: £73.5m

Add 6m onto that for Luis Alberto

Newcastle have apparently agreed a loan deal for Christian Atsu from Chelsea. Yet another player who goes out on loan every season, and every couple of years signs a new contract with Chelsea, and never plays for his parent club. Stupid fees and wages are a massive problem but player stockpiling needs to be dealt with too.

Newcastle have apparently agreed a loan deal for Christian Atsu from Chelsea. Yet another player who goes out on loan every season, and every couple of years signs a new contract with Chelsea, and never plays for his parent club. Stupid fees and wages are a massive problem but player stockpiling needs to be dealt with too.

Chelsea are the top dogs of this shit in England.  They've got like 30 freaking players out on loan every damn year.

The complete opposite of what I'm saying. I'm annoyed we're not spending the money we've recouped.

No rush to spend it now mate. If the right players aren't available then what's the sense in lashing it on random players?

I get the distinct impression that we're in for Dahoud in January, just letting them have a CL run first, and they'll sell once that's over.

Same might be true of a few of our targets. We've got more than enough to have a comfortable season until January.

Also think that Ejaria and Woodburn and Wilson have been kept in the U23s with a view to a pathway to the first team this season, very sure we wouldn't have been short of loan offers for them, which obviously we're not interested in.

If we signed a left back and were still in the black would you be as annoyed?

Where's the tipping point?

To be honest, I'd be less annoyed if we had a capable left back in the squad, and we were still in the black.

If we were in the black and had a left back and picked up a defensively responsible midfielder to replace someone like Henderson, then I'd be doing fucking backflips in celebration.

Yeah fuck selling shit players for good prices, I mean, we were criticising the club for not doing that in the past few seasons but still, fuck them.

I don't think criticism is of getting rid of deadwood.  In my opinion there are potentially others who we wouldn't miss and one or two are in the first team.

It's the lack of those coming in that criticism is aimed at, esp the LB gap and the gaping one in DM, which to fair has been there for years anyway.

• Upvote 1

To be honest, I'd be less annoyed if we had a capable left back in the squad, and we were still in the black.

If we were in the black and had a left back and picked up a defensively responsible midfielder to replace someone like Henderson, then I'd be doing fucking backflips in celebration.

That's on Klopp as he obviously hasn't shared your, or many on here's, view that we need an expensive replacement for Moreno.

If we'd have spent 10 million on Chillwell we'd still have been no better off.

Marko Grujic – Red Star Belgrade – From Loan

Joel Matip – Schalke – Free

Loris Karius – Mainz – £4.7m

Sadio Mane – Southampton – £30m

Ragnar Klavan – Augbsurg – £4.2m

Alex Manninger – Free Contract

Georginio Wijnaldum – Newcastle – £23m

Spent: £61.9m

Players OUT:

Jordan Rossiter – Rangers – £250k (compensation)

Jerome Sinclair – Watford – £4m

Joao Carlos Teixeira – Porto – £250k (compensation)

Lawrence Vigouroux – Swindon Town – undisclosed

Sergi Canos – Norwich City – £2.5m

Jordon Ibe – Bournemouth – £15m

Martin Skrtel – Fenerbahce – £5.5m

Joe Allen – Stoke City – £13m

Brad Smith – Bournemouth – £6m

Christian Benteke – Crystal Palace – £27m

Received: £73.5m

Add 6m onto that for Luis Alberto

Mane not 34 or 38m?

That's on Klopp as he obviously hasn't shared your, or many on here's, view that we need an expensive replacement for Moreno.

If we'd have spent 10 million on Chillwell we'd still have been no better off.

I did suggest capable.

I, frankly, like all additions that we've got this summer at this point.  I'm disappointed that we didn't follow through with the Lucas deal, and go after someone more useful in his position, as I can't really imagine him starting a single match as a midfielder in the Premier League for us this season.

Absolutely fucking baffled at the failure to grab a first team left back.

I did suggest capable.

I, frankly, like all additions that we've got this summer at this point.  I'm disappointed that we didn't follow through with the Lucas deal, and go after someone more useful in his position, as I can't really imagine him starting a single match as a midfielder in the Premier League for us this season.

Absolutely fucking baffled at the failure to grab a first team left back.

It's only a failure if we tried to grab a first team left back, we clearly didn't.