You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transfers summer 2016

Which would be nice if we were Wigan, or Everton or some other little seed that needs time to grow. Before these shysters came here we were in the CL most seasons and competing for trophies, you've just outlined fuck up after fuck up they've made since they came here.

They're fucking clueless, shit or get off the pot FSG. Preferably get off and fuck off.

While Klopp (and I'm a huge fan of his and back him 100%) grows this club those fuckers FSG are rinsing me for top four prices on tickets. Who needs top four when idiots like me pay top four prices.

My last season buying a season ticket for this club if those clueless fuckers continue to own us, we will never progress under them no matter how good the manager is.

Sputnik knows.

Seems like we're not going for a ball winning CM or a competent left back I'd try and sign Fabregas as the "controlling" type midfielder we was trying to get when looking at Dahoud and I'd try and get Nasri in on loan. If he's fully fit that is, a fully fit Nasri is potentially world class, he came on for City yesterday and his buzz and work rate took City back up a level, he should have scored twice in the time he was on, how often does Coutinho or Lallana get in the box and actually shoot, unless it's 35 yards out Coutinho doesn't strike the ball cleanly.

Agreed on Nasri, actually. It's not like we need him, but if he was available for cheap I would take him. I really rate his ability and he can play anywhere in attack. He was one of Man City's best players when they were blowing teams away under Pellegrini.

Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes  4m

Lazio are set to sign Luis Alberto from Liverpool. Fee is €5m plus add ons. Liverpool also entitled to 30% of any profit should he be sold.

So the Summer of the Long Knives continues.  You can complain about our buying this summer but you certainly can't complain about our selling.

Agreed on Nasri, actually. It's not like we need him, but if he was available for cheap I would take him. I really rate his ability and he can play anywhere in attack. He was one of Man City's best players when they were blowing teams away under Pellegrini.

He's linked with Besiktas and Sevilla today with one of them being his probable destination apparently, if we wanted him we could surely get him, he's been in England a good while now so I'm assuming he's settled and likes the country and living in Manchester he wouldn't have to move house or anything, if he's left out of the CL squad again then Man City are likely to want rid asap, if we could get him on the cheap or a loan with a fixed price next summer then it's a really good signing, I think I read his contracts up in a years time.

Anfield HQ ‏@AnfieldHQ 11m11 minutes ago

It is highly unlikely Liverpool will be active in signing new players. Klopp’s current priority is trimming his squad. #lfc (Chris Bascombe)

This is obviously false. It's the cunt owners that are withholding the money. Nothing to do with Klopp saying for weeks that he likes the squad and can't wait till the window ends so he doesn't have to hear about us needing to sign players. 

• Upvote 1

How much have we pocketed this transfer season now? Fucking joke

So you wouldn't have wanted them to make that deal?

For me, if someone offers you 6m for a player you don't want at all and have been looking at taking a loss on for some time, you take it.  It doesn't matter where you are in terms of net spend on the rest of your summer deals, you take that money and run.

have to confess to sitting here not knowing to laugh or bang my head on the desk at some of the crap thats in this thread!! Ok the transfer window has not been the multi million pound window most wanted but id just like to put a few things out there that people seems to have forgotten

1) everyone wanted ticket prices slashed they listened it happened....did you really expect it not to effect the transfer budget? lets not forget the 150m for the stand that would have been paid for by the ticket prices had they not cut prices 

2) Rodgers spunked out over 300m on players to the point we have a squad thats 90% full of players that you lot dont find fit to wear the red top ( in most cases you are right)  but did you really expect klopp to put the whole team up for sale and replace them all in 1 summer?

3) There is alot bitching and crying about FSG you raise interesting points but you have a short memory  not so long ago we were on the verge of not having a team to support  how would you have felt if LFC had gone to the walls in that time? Yes they saved us and no they are not perfect but it is a huge upgrade on what we had

4) whats with all the Klopp bashing? what happened to giving mangers time ? fuck me we gave Rodgers 3 years and he was a useless prick  now we have a world class manager that has a 6 year contract and that 99% on this forum wanted  its off with his head because he has not spent millions in the transfer market........

now im sure most wont agree  but its my opinion  and as they say  opinions are like arseholes everybody has 1 

• Upvote 2

You normally talk a lot of sense, but taking Nasri at the age of 29 here, on massive wages, to be a squad player?

You normally talk a lot of sense, but taking Nasri at the age of 29 here, on massive wages, to be a squad player?

Yeah, I don't know, I have a bit of a hard-on for mercurial talents like Nasri and Ben Arfa, for example. I just think he would be a great option to help unlock deep defending teams as he has amazing technique and he was devastating for a time at City. It wouldn't happen, I'm just saying if he was available for cheap I would consider doing it.

Just want to say Luis Alberto is a good deal. He is obviously a talented player but didn't quite kick on to make his mark in the Prem. You need pace and strength to be able to shine - he has the talent, but not enough of the other two attributes. We've sent him out on loan in recent years to see if he might kick on, but he hasn't, or at least , not enough. But the loans have at least been a partial success, as he has stayed on the radar of a group of clubs who might fancy signing him.

The move to Lazio is a fair deal. And the 30% sell on clause is wise too, as he might really do well in Italy, and that could make a rich club come circling again.

As for the income we are bringing in this summer from selling players - good! We had too many players. I doubt we will sell as many again in future, as Klopp is right-sizing the squad.