You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transfers summer 2016

It's a tricky one, as I see plenty of fans complaining either way. Sign the likes of Coric and Pulisic... too young, not the finished article yet, we're only interested in kids/investments, etc.

And if we don't sign them? We're crap because we can't even sign kids! Pay the money and they will come. Or, heaven forbid, they don't come but they grow into smashing players and double in value, or more... we're rubbish at doing deals. We could have had him last year when he was only x million!

We're in a bit of a funk right now.

Not looking forward to the international break, as the only way the mist will at least start to clear is when we get a few wins on the board.

• Upvote 1

It's a tricky one, as I see plenty of fans complaining either way. Sign the likes of Coric and Pulisic... too young, not the finished article yet, we're only interested in kids/investments, etc.

And if we don't sign them? We're crap because we can't even sign kids! Pay the money and they will come. Or, heaven forbid, they don't come but they grow into smashing players and double in value, or more... we're rubbish at doing deals. We could have had him last year when he was only x million!

We're in a bit of a funk right now.

Not looking forward to the international break, as the only way the mist will at least start to clear is when we get a few wins on the board.

unfortunately our two games straight after are the league champions and those bus parking horrible plastic bastards...might be a bit of a wait yet for those wins.

I know a lad who was drug free and entered an untested body building competition because he though his knowledge of training and nutrition would see him do ok.

He came last.

Sort of like fsg attitude against the financial doping of city United and chelsea

Yet when sakho was found to have taken 'supplements' this forum went to task on him (rightly) for taking something.

Im not sure I agree with this stuff that if everyone else is 'cheating' we should just join in too.

Ive seen names mentioned to show we fucked up the transfer of players who ended up at chelsea or elsewhere. But at least one of those players Gerrard tried to get him to come here but the player said Liverpool couldnt offer him what he wanted in football terms.

There's no doubt we've signed some shit over the years. Im as frustrated as anyone seeing my seassie ticket money wasted while I vainly wait for number 19. But anyone who thinks the rot set in with FSG is misguided. You can go all the way to when moores sat on his fat arse while his then manager Souness warned 'God help us if that lot down the east lancs get it right.'

Moores wouldnt embrace sponsorship and that's when we started to fall off our perch (fuck ferguson). Its a long climb back to the top now even if China comes in and chucks hundreds of millions of pounds at us.

• Upvote 1

Yet when sakho was found to have taken 'supplements' this forum went to task on him (rightly) for taking something.

Im not sure I agree with this stuff that if everyone else is 'cheating' we should just join in too.

Ive seen names mentioned to show we fucked up the transfer of players who ended up at chelsea or elsewhere. But at least one of those players Gerrard tried to get him to come here but the player said Liverpool couldnt offer him what he wanted in football terms.

There's no doubt we've signed some shit over the years. Im as frustrated as anyone seeing my seassie ticket money wasted while I vainly wait for number 19. But anyone who thinks the rot set in with FSG is misguided. You can go all the way to when moores sat on his fat arse while his then manager Souness warned 'God help us if that lot down the east lancs get it right.'

Moores wouldnt embrace sponsorship and that's when we started to fall off our perch (fuck ferguson). Its a long climb back to the top now even if China comes in and chucks hundreds of millions of pounds at us.

Spot on with that Jimmy.

Sounds suspiciously like sense. 

I know your speciality is in 'financials' but Peter Robinson is the one that come up with that quote you credit Souness with, in the early 80's. The only way to be competitive is to spend money & spend it wisely, which, given the structure of the 'committee' over transfers and the proof that it's not working, FSG have failed in changing that philosophy. Let's not forget a year or 2 before they took over, we were ranked no1 in Europe. I'd say FSG has let the rot well & truly set in. That's not being misguided.

It's going to be a massive transfer window in January, massive!

Indeed. Can't wait for our four weeks chase of the new superstar attacking midfielder from the Ukrainian league and then calling their club president a cunt after Ayre fails to secure the deal on deadline day.

Indeed. Can't wait for our four weeks chase of the new superstar attacking midfielder from the Ukrainian league and then calling their club president a cunt after Ayre fails to secure the deal on deadline day.

As he signs for Everton for 5m less than we bid......in the meantime Danny Ings is out on loan at Burnley where he scores 15 goals whilst we due to an injury crisis are forced to throw Ragnar Klavan on as a striker to try and rescue a point at home to Hull after an error by our emergency left back Jordan Henderson leads to Hull going 2-1 up with 5 mins left having scored with both their shots on target past a helpless Alex Manninger.

• Upvote 1

I know your speciality is in 'financials' but Peter Robinson is the one that come up with that quote you credit Souness with, in the early 80's. The only way to be competitive is to spend money & spend it wisely, which, given the structure of the 'committee' over transfers and the proof that it's not working, FSG have failed in changing that philosophy. Let's not forget a year or 2 before they took over, we were ranked no1 in Europe. I'd say FSG has let the rot well & truly set in. That's not being misguided.

Or...

They gave Kenny the money and he spunked it on Downing, Carroll, Charlie Adam and Henderson. We lost millions on trying to shift them and had them hanging around in the squad and first team for way too long.

Then they gave Rodgers Millions and he spunked it on Benteke, Luis Alberto, Aspas, Illori, Borini, Markovic, Moreno, Mignolet, Bogdan etc etc. Again we lost millions, couldn't shift them and couldn't play them. Or we had to play them and the first team suffered for too long.

Yes they are business men but if any of us owned a club and put faith in the manager we chose and they bought that load of shite we would be fucking stupid to let it carry on. Something had to change.

So now we have Klopp, a man with very defined system and who has had success at growing clubs before. A manager who believes in training to make his players better. He keeps telling people that in interviews, but its like some fans just don't want to hear it. He told people from day one that he likes this squad and he wont just throw them all under a bus after a few bad games. He's mentioned countless times that he doesn't want to spend loads of cash on big established stars and prefers to grow a team via training and tactics and patience. He also said he likes young players so he can help develop them and make them better. 

Even if you don't like it, you better get used to it because that's how its going to be with him. One thing that he has done which nobody is giving him much credit for is the amount of money we are suddenly getting for players going out and how we wont be bullied by clubs looking to buy from us. That had to change and his stance and stature as a manager has almost ended it right away. He also wont be pushed around in buying players for prices he doesn't think is acceptable. Like Chilwell.

In the long run, we will start to get players who really want to play for Klopp and fight for the shirt, because if they don't show the desire to join the club, he will just not bother. Those mercenary cunts who only come for the big wages or signing on fee's will only show him greed and he wont want them. We've had them before and they do fuck all to fight for the club. They just care about money. It will only make the club stronger over the next few years. Klopp's got this, he's turning us around on and off the pitch but it won't happen in 1 or 2 seasons. Just have some fucking patience.

• Upvote 3

So now we have Klopp, a man with very defined system and who has had success at growing clubs before. 

Which would be nice if we were Wigan, or Everton or some other little seed that needs time to grow. Before these shysters came here we were in the CL most seasons and competing for trophies, you've just outlined fuck up after fuck up they've made since they came here.

They're fucking clueless, shit or get off the pot FSG. Preferably get off and fuck off. 

While Klopp (and I'm a huge fan of his and back him 100%) grows this club those fuckers FSG are rinsing me for top four prices on tickets. Who needs top four when idiots like me pay top four prices. 

My last season buying a season ticket for this club if those clueless fuckers continue to own us, we will never progress under them no matter how good the manager is. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

yeah....trying to polish turds whilst the clubs at the top bring in top proven quality isn't gonna get us back to the top.

klopp might be able to improve players and i am sure he will but he can't give moreno a brain, or henderson some bollocks - he can't stop our players being soft shites who get injured so often - you can argue his intensity is too much for them and a reason they get injured so much he is used to working with tougher men....

we need winners, nous and bollocks for him to work with and we don't have enough of any of them - get players with those qualities in and then let him work his magic - asking him or him expecting to polish the turds he has is too ambitious in my view.

Which would be nice if we were Wigan, or Everton or some other little seed that needs time to grow. Before these shysters came here we were in the CL most seasons and competing for trophies, you've just outlined fuck up after fuck up they've made since they came here.

They're fucking clueless, shit or get off the pot FSG. Preferably get off and fuck off. 

While Klopp (and I'm a huge fan of his and back him 100%) grows this club those fuckers FSG are rinsing me for top four prices on tickets. Who needs top four when idiots like me pay top four prices. 

My last season buying a season ticket for this club if those leeches continue to own us, we will never progress under them no matter how good the manager is. 

Glad to know the excuses for Klopp have already been made if he fails. Never ceases to amaze me how people will continue to paint the owners as some sort of impediment against Klopp when he's just signed a new six year deal and has said multiple times that he could see himself only ever managing 3 clubs in his career. Yeah, the owners really seem to be making it difficult for him.

What a load of melodramatic crap.

• Upvote 1

Or...

They gave Kenny the money and he spunked it on Downing, Carroll, Charlie Adam and Henderson. We lost millions on trying to shift them and had them hanging around in the squad and first team for way too long.

Then they gave Rodgers Millions and he spunked it on Benteke, Luis Alberto, Aspas, Illori, Borini, Markovic, Moreno, Mignolet, Bogdan etc etc. Again we lost millions, couldn't shift them and couldn't play them. Or we had to play them and the first team suffered for too long.

Yes they are business men but if any of us owned a club and put faith in the manager we chose and they bought that load of shite we would be fucking stupid to let it carry on. Something had to change.

So now we have Klopp, a man with very defined system and who has had success at growing clubs before. A manager who believes in training to make his players better. He keeps telling people that in interviews, but its like some fans just don't want to hear it. He told people from day one that he likes this squad and he wont just throw them all under a bus after a few bad games. He's mentioned countless times that he doesn't want to spend loads of cash on big established stars and prefers to grow a team via training and tactics and patience. He also said he likes young players so he can help develop them and make them better. 

Even if you don't like it, you better get used to it because that's how its going to be with him. One thing that he has done which nobody is giving him much credit for is the amount of money we are suddenly getting for players going out and how we wont be bullied by clubs looking to buy from us. That had to change and his stance and stature as a manager has almost ended it right away. He also wont be pushed around in buying players for prices he doesn't think is acceptable. Like Chilwell.

In the long run, we will start to get players who really want to play for Klopp and fight for the shirt, because if they don't show the desire to join the club, he will just not bother. Those mercenary cunts who only come for the big wages or signing on fee's will only show him greed and he wont want them. We've had them before and they do fuck all to fight for the club. They just care about money. It will only make the club stronger over the next few years. Klopp's got this, he's turning us around on and off the pitch but it won't happen in 1 or 2 seasons. Just have some fucking patience.

Your 1st 2 paragraphs are proof that FSG's transfer committee does not work. So we've been left with said shite hanging round the place because of their ineptitude in employing the right people to find the right players. The decisions on these players wasn't just taken by the Manager at the time, as you suggest. They all came through the committee

You really think Klopp should be credited with getting the inflated fees of outgoing players? Really? That's more to do with the suits than Klopp.

At a time when the likes of Bolasie is going for nearly 30m, Watford wanting 25 for Troy Deeney, etc etc. You might want to credit Klopp with getting the new tv deal too. As that's the reason prices have gone mental.

Glad to know the excuses for Klopp have already been made if he fails. Never ceases to amaze me how people will continue to paint the owners as some sort of impediment against Klopp when he's just signed a 4 year contract extension and has said multiple times that he could see himself only ever managing 3 clubs in his career. Yeah, the owners really seem to be making it difficult for him.

What a load of melodramatic crap.

Do you actually dip your fucking hand in your pocket and pay to go to games? Very easy to be a gobshite when all you do is flick on the tv to see what happened. 

I see you don't disagree that we are being rinsed. It's FSGs incompetence that has left us mid table. 

But as I said, when our ticket prices are the highest in the UK (outside of London, only Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal are higher) it's easy to see why they continue to cling on. What a bunch of idiots we are. 

Well not me mate, next year it can all fuck off. I'll spend my £55 on something worthwhile and not have to communicate with gobshites. 

• Upvote 3

Your 1st 2 paragraphs are proof that FSG's transfer committee does not work. So we've been left with said shite hanging round the place because of their ineptitude in employing the right people to find the right players. The decisions on these players wasn't just taken by the Manager at the time, as you suggest. They all came through the committee

You really think Klopp should be credited with getting the inflated fees of outgoing players? Really? That's more to do with the suits than Klopp.

At a time when the likes of Bolasie is going for nearly 30m, Watford wanting 25 for Troy Deeney, etc etc. You might want to credit Klopp with getting the new tv deal too. As that's the reason prices have gone mental.

I agree they have got alot wrong but they never claimed to be football people. I also agree they hired the wrong people like Camolli to find the right players but he also had a decent record at spurs (i think it was) so they went for someone who had a bit of a proven record and it was an epic fail. Do we shoot them for trying? Some do, some don't. We all know they got it wrong in hindsight.

I don't agree that all the transfers have been forced upon every manager by the committee with little input from themselves. That's bullshit. Kenny wanted Carroll and Rodgers wanted Benteke, for example

I also don't agree that's its not Klopp who has helped us get bigger fee's for outgoing players though because if these suits, as you call them, could have done it before. Why didn't they? You mention the TV deal but in the past we would have just taken palace's shit offer for Benteke or a low ball offer for Ibe from bournemouth out of sheer panic. The fact Klopp came out in press conference's and said "these are good players and if you want them you have to pay them money or we will keep them" showed those cunts that we won't be bullied.

No manager has ever done that before for us. It forced the other clubs into paying up. Leicester tried to squeeze us for more money or Chilwell's dad tried to get bigger wages (if reports are to be believed) and Klopp said fuck you and walked away.

Soon it's going to make agents and players realise that if we come knocking, they either want to play for Klopp and Liverpool or they don't. It needed to be done at some point because even if you think FSG's strategy of buying young player is wrong. We will never be able to compete with clubs like City, Chelsea, United, Arsenal, Madrid, Barca or Bayern for wages. It just ain't going to happen under these owners. 

We need players to say "i want to play for Liverpool and be trained by Klopp" not "ill go to Liverpool because i know i can rinse them for bigger wages or a huge singing on fee" we've had those kinds of players before and they just don't perform on the pitch. 

There are lots of good things to say about Klopp. But to credit him with outgoing transfer fees is mental. Everything we know about Klopp points to him being happy as more of a coach than a manager.

I think he would rather rip out his own teeth than chew the fat over wages or transfer fees. I assume that is one of the things fsg like about Klopp.

I'd take any comments of Klopp rejected any player due to wages or the transfer fee was too high with a pinch of salt.

Saying that in true German efficiency Klopp did well overseeing the main stand on time...

• Upvote 1

Seems like we're not going for a ball winning CM or a competent left back I'd try and sign Fabregas as the "controlling" type midfielder we was trying to get when looking at Dahoud and I'd try and get Nasri in on loan. If he's fully fit that is, a fully fit Nasri is potentially world class, he came on for City yesterday and his buzz and work rate took City back up a level, he should have scored twice in the time he was on, how often does Coutinho or Lallana get in the box and actually shoot, unless it's 35 yards out Coutinho doesn't strike the ball cleanly.