You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transfers summer 2016

It's not just the fees, it's the wages, it's the type of players we go for, it's the age of the players, it's losing out on players for a couple of million, it's baulking at wage demands and then paying shit players twice as much, it's everything.

It's the chickens come home to roost for fucking up the Bertrand, Williams, Salah, Diego Costa, Mkhitaryan, Dembele, Guerreiro, Gotze, Alli, Bacca, Turan, Griezmann, Matuidi, Konoplyanka and Jackson Martinez deals and that's just over the last few years.

We've signed Markovic, Aspas, Alberto, Illori, Ings, Benteke, Lallana, Lovren, Carroll, Adam, and Stewie Downing in that time. So much utter shite. We deserve to win nothing. Nothing is what FSG and these twats deserve.

We were never even in for half of those players, so not sure how you can say we fucked up deals for them. Unless you think we should have been in for them, in which case you could surely have made a list with some better players on it.

We were never even in for half of those players, so not sure how you can say we fucked up deals for them. Unless you think we should have been in for them, in which case you could surely have made a list with some better players on it.

It's tough to argue against the utter depressing mediocrity of the second list though, isn't it?

It's tough to argue against the utter depressing mediocrity of the second list though, isn't it?

Oh yeah, for sure. And our transfer dealings have generally been terrible through a combination of owners with stupid ideas and managers with little pull or judgement.

Not sure why you need to invent a load of players that we didn't even try to sign though to make that point.

The sad truth is that we've been also rans for decades now and we've been set up that way.

I remember in the Evans era we were fucking around looking for centre backs for years and the mancs just came in and paid a world record amount for Jap Stam as soon as they had one 'bad' season, problem solved - thank you.

Klopp is great, I genuinely wouldn't swap him and it was either him or Ancelotti for the role in my view, and I wouldn't swap them, but what is Klopp really? He's the new Rafa - a man who's proven he can, for a short spell at least, wage guerilla wars against bigger clubs. He's an acceptance that we've got no intention of going toe to toe with big sides, probably ever again.

We've become a selling club too. Even when we unearth a decent player the mental stop watch starts about how long we can hold onto them.

I can't think of a single great player in recent years who we've managed to hold on to through their best years, probably only Gerrard who turned his back on Chelsea, and if we're being honest, that's probably only because it wasn't worth the shit he was going to get from the trackie pants and Land rover brigade.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 5

It's not just the fees, it's the wages, it's the type of players we go for, it's the age of the players, it's losing out on players for a couple of million, it's baulking at wage demands and then paying shit players twice as much, it's everything.

It's the chickens come home to roost for fucking up the Bertrand, Williams, Salah, Diego Costa, Mkhitaryan, Dembele, Guerreiro, Gotze, Alli, Bacca, Turan, Griezmann, Matuidi, Konoplyanka and Jackson Martinez deals and that's just over the last few years.

We've signed Markovic, Aspas, Alberto, Illori, Ings, Benteke, Lallana, Lovren, Carroll, Adam, and Stewie Downing in that time. So much utter shite. We deserve to win nothing. Nothing is what FSG and these twats deserve.

Agree with the sentiment

Seleção Brasileira ‏@BrazilStats2 57m57 minutes ago

English giants Liverpool have submitted a bid of €35M to Grêmio for attacker #Luan (23), confirms the usually reliable Futebol de Gaúcha.

Seleção Brasileira ‏@BrazilStats2 39m39 minutes ago

I do not have insight info about this situation, but to describe Luan: polyvalent, smart, technically impressive but lacks high end product.

Apparently we tried for him prior to Olympics.. Gone back in with a bigger bid.... Be interesting if it happens gotta be quick to get permit

Borussia Dortmund have rejected a €12m bid from Liverpool for teenager Christian Pulisic according to Kicker

Chris Bascombe ‏@_ChrisBascombe 3m3 minutes ago

Mark Hughes said over the weekend he didn’t think Stoke’s loan bid for Sakho would succeed. It seems player does not fancy it.

The sad truth is that we've been also rans for decades now and we've been set up that way.

I remember in the Evans era we were fucking around looking for centre backs for years and the mancs just came in and paid a world record amount for Jap Stam as soon as they had one 'bad' season, problem solved - thank you.

Klopp is great, I genuinely wouldn't swap him and it was either him or Ancelotti for the role in my view, and I wouldn't swap them, but what is Klopp really? He's the new Rafa - a man who's proven he can, for a short spell at least, wage guerilla wars against bigger clubs. He's an acceptance that we've got no intention of going toe to toe with big sides, probably ever again.

We've become a selling club too. Even when we unearth a decent player the mental stop watch starts about how long we can hold onto them.

I can't think of a single great player in recent years who we've managed to hold on to through their best years, probably only Gerrard who turned his back on Chelsea, and if we're being honest, that's probably only because it wasn't worth the shit he was going to get from the trackie pants and Land rover brigade.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Absolutely spot on. We are a million miles from doing what City, Chelsea and the Mancs do and identify a top player then pay what is required. Pogba could easily be the pivot of the team for years and in five years time he will be the bargain of the decade. We can't get a fucking left back of any description. Won't change under these owners and rolling the dice with new ones is fraught with danger,