You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transfers summer 2016

I dont think Klopp is the kind of manager who wants to spend £40m to £50m on a single player in the current market.

It's easy for a manager to keep saying that when they don't have that sort of money to spend. 

Still think the same transfer policy under the transfer committee is alive and well. They keep emphasising that Klopp has the first and last world in transfer dealing which isn't the same as saying he has a free choice in selecting targets.

Every manager in the PL works to a transfer budget.

Klopp has said he's happy with the transfer arrangements at this club. Unless people think he's telling porkies.

Im not sure if he paid more than the £30m he spent on mane when at dortmund so that might suggest he's not a big spender on one player?

The Croatian teenager ticks all the FSG boxes.

Would have hardly played at a team in the Champions League, a chance to get him by default, young attacking midfielder, potential to be world class, possible profit by selling him to Barca/Real/City/Chelsea in a few years time.

Or, more realistically, talented young player who may come in as back up to Mane as it's clear we miss someone who can stretch the play when he's not playing.

What the fuck are we doing turning a profit in transfers when we are in need of a massive rebuild with a new manager in place.

We have lots of players to sell in a sellers market.

'Turning a profit' is irrelevant if you're selling players and replacing them with better players.

The Croatian teenager ticks all the FSG boxes.

Would have hardly played at a team in the Champions League, a chance to get him by default, young attacking midfielder, potential to be world class, possible profit by selling him to Barca/Real/City/Chelsea in a few years time.

I dont think its just FSG that think that way. In fact, all the clubs outside of the CL participants have to take chances on these types of players. How many times in the past have we signed a player from one of those clubs and said why didnt we sign him when he was unknown?

Unfortunately, we cant dine at the top table until we regain regular CL football.

We have lots of players to sell in a sellers market.

'Turning a profit' is irrelevant if you're selling players and replacing them with better players.

I would agree with you if we had fixed the gaping holes and glaring problems in the squad.

I find it incredible we are sitting on a profit and playing Milner at left back...

I would agree with you if we had fixed the gaping holes and glaring problems in the squad.

I find it incredible we are sitting on a profit and playing Milner at left back...

The question is would you prefer Klopp to buy a left back just for the sake of it or would you prefer he buys a left back he wants.

Outside of the press linking us with Hector and other starting left backs the only left backs we seemed to genuinely be linked with were players Klopp could develop not immediate replacements for Moreno.

The forum may have whipped themselves into a frenzy over it but it seems Klopp had no immediate plans to replace him at the start of the summer.

• Upvote 1

The question is would you prefer Klopp to buy a left back just for the sake of it or would you prefer he buys a left back he wants.

Outside of the press linking us with Hector and other starting left backs the only left backs we seemed to genuinely be linked with were players Klopp could develop not immediate replacements for Moreno.

The forum may have whipped themselves into a frenzy over it but it seems Klopp had no immediate plans to replace him at the start of the summer.

I would prefer it if we bought a left back who simply wasn't gonna fuck up all the time and cost us goals....there must be loads out there who potentially fit that pretty simple criteria - just go out and buy one....it would take some doing to make us worse by doing so as the current options are simply not at all viable.

Buying a lb can only improve us - decent cover for the other side as well wouldn't have been a bad idea.

Anyway looks like it isn't gonna happen, let's hope it does not cost us.

I would prefer it if we bought a left back who simply wasn't gonna fuck up all the time and cost us goals....there must be loads out there who potentially fit that pretty simple criteria - just go out and buy one....it would take some doing to make us worse by doing so as the current options are simply not at all viable.

Buying a lb can only improve us - decent cover for the other side as well wouldn't have been a bad idea.

But if Klopp doesn't want a left back, at least he doesn't want to spend money on a left back to replace Moreno, then the net spend argument is redundant. It's a managerial choice not a restriction imposed by club finances.

But if Klopp doesn't want a left back, at least he doesn't want to spend money on a left back to replace Moreno, then the net spend argument is redundant. It's a managerial choice not a restriction imposed by club finances.

Well that is the part we don't know isn't it.

Either way it is baffling to me why we haven't addressed what is clearly a big problem - bad management decision, shafted by no funds being made available - either way the end result is we are fucked at lb and that for me is laughable.

I dont think its just FSG that think that way. In fact, all the clubs outside of the CL participants have to take chances on these types of players. How many times in the past have we signed a player from one of those clubs and said why didnt we sign him when he was unknown?

Unfortunately, we cant dine at the top table until we regain regular CL football.

Sorry mate but I think Chelsea and Man U, did ok with no CL.  You can dine at the top table but you have to pay big wages, we are not prepared to do that.   

Most players will sign if they see intention and most importantly a big juicy contract, we are not doing that.  I may add I am one hundred percent we have money to spend but when you do not get your first or second or third choices maybe you decide to stick.  That is midfield the LB situation just bewilders me I have no answer to that conundrum.