You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transfers summer 2016

Klopp's had free reign, it's all on him.  He's the one who's decided to waste £25million on another Attacking Midfielder whilst trying to shoe horn said player into Midfield with Captain Shithouse.  He's also decided to keep Mignolet who's not even good enough to be backup and Morono who shouldn't even be classed as a footballer. 

Our flaws were obvious, we've decided to only address two of them.

• Upvote 1

It's like this is the club's preferred modus operandi regardless of manager. We just don't sign players who will positively impact our first eleven - people who make a big difference.. We play Milner as a left back, Firmino as a striker and Wijnaldum in CM.

It's like this is the club's preferred modus operandi regardless of manager. We just don't sign players who will positively impact our first eleven - people who make a big difference.. We play Milner as a left back, Firmino as a striker and Wijnaldum in CM.

Wijnaldum played yesterday in the same position as he played most of his games at PSV.

people don't want to hear that cloggy, I'm not saying I am 100% happy with the business we have done but time will tell on that. I think the problem was we had so much that needed replacing or upgrading, bringing in another 3 players might have been overkill. Lets see what happens in the next few months as it will define a lot of players liverpool careers.

• Upvote 1

Pretty unforgivable transfer window this considering the cluster fuck that was the uefa cup final. Same old shit again, sat here holding our dicks while the mancs and Chelsea press on. Doomed to be perpetual also rans.

Starting this season with no recognised first choice striker and with Henderson as captain is a complete joke.

The forwards and strikers we have are the least of our worries. Any improvement on them is near impossible because of what we can attract and what our budget was to improve other areas. 

Spurs spent the guts of £20m for the top scorer in Holland last season who wouldn't be an improvement on what we have.

Klopp's had free reign, it's all on him.  He's the one who's decided to waste £25million on another Attacking Midfielder whilst trying to shoe horn said player into Midfield with Captain Shithouse.  He's also decided to keep Mignolet who's not even good enough to be backup and Morono who shouldn't even be classed as a footballer. 

Our flaws were obvious, we've decided to only address two of them.

Let's be honest, he's about there or thereabouts for a back up keeper who'd largely be employed only in an injury crisis. I don't rate Mig much these days, but the last time we all jumped on the "anyone would be better" bandwagon we ended up with Bogdan conceding directly from a corner.

Pretty unforgivable transfer window this considering the cluster fuck that was the uefa cup final. Same old shit again, sat here holding our dicks while the mancs and Chelsea press on. Doomed to be perpetual also rans.

Starting this season with no recognised first choice striker and with Henderson as captain is a complete joke.

It started well enough - improvements in central defence, a new goalkeeper and improved goalscoring options.  That left us needing a left back and a commanding midfielder; and with well over two months to complete those two deals.  That failure is pretty hard to forgive.

• Upvote 2

I get that it would be handy to have a DM & a striker, but I think Can / Origi / Sturridge can do more than 'a job' in those positions , but the left back situation is a complete aberration.

Klopp has a massive font of goodwill at present but playing the ' I know better than all of you ' card only works if it works.

• Upvote 1

We have another DM in Lucas. Unfortunately he's been injured as well.

Not sure why people want a new striker. We've got Origi, Sturridge, Firmino who can play there. I think we need goals from all team members rather than relying on ONE player to score them all. Rely on one striker and your fucked if he gets injured \ suspended \ loss of form.

GK and left back remain issues for me. People dont want Hart but Id take him over mignolet now in a heartbeat. We should have signed Hector as left back. No idea why we've fucked about over this position. Going after a leicester reserve left back who showed he didnt really want to come here is nothing less than a joke Im afraid.

We have another DM in Lucas. Unfortunately he's been injured as well.

Not sure why people want a new striker. We've got Origi, Sturridge, Firmino who can play there. I think we need goals from all team members rather than relying on ONE player to score them all. Rely on one striker and your fucked if he gets injured \ suspended \ loss of form.

GK and left back remain issues for me. People dont want Hart but Id take him over mignolet now in a heartbeat. We should have signed Hector as left back. No idea why we've fucked about over this position. Going after a leicester reserve left back who showed he didnt really want to come here is nothing less than a joke Im afraid.

To be fair to Chilwell, from what I read he was dead set on coming to us, but after being assured we'd agree a deal, we then refused to pay up, so he signed a new contract.

There's a running thread with players we've made interest known in or tapped up, then left them hanging - much like Zielinski, Teixeira, etc. - whose final choices are either to stay put or find another club.

What makes the left-back thing even more puzzling is that we were clearly after one at the beginning of the transfer window. Then all of a sudden, when we couldn't get our first choice in, we started looking at number 10s instead.

WHAT. THE. FUCK

I would rather we didnt buy a lb if its only going to give us a marginal improvement and wait for next season when i think the club / klopp would have/ will have identified a solid lb that will improve us greatly.

Dont really want us to buy just because we can to just complain that the player isnt good enough.

I think Klopp believes he can get us into the top 4 with this squad. Dont forget its his first full season so he obviously has a plan over a couple of seasons.

I actually think that we're fine once the injuries are out the way. But then I'm probably the only one that still thinks moreno is a decent left back!

We have to learn to cope with injuries though.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I would rather we didnt buy a lb if its only going to give us a marginal improvement and wait for next season when i think the club / klopp would have/ will have identified a solid lb that will improve us greatly.

Dont really want us to buy just because we can to just complain that the player isnt good enough.

I think Klopp believes he can get us into the top 4 with this squad. Dont forget its his first full season so he obviously has a plan over a couple of seasons.

It's a new season and our first choice left-back is a right sided midfielder. We're Liverpool. Just think about that for a second.