You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transfers summer 2016

I can only guess maybe we're not spending big because of some pending change in ownership or investment.

Klopp has had a while to get to know these players and to be fair he's fucked off the ones most of us would have binned off, he just hasn't replaced them. For someone who likes to play high intensity football he must know how dangerous that is, but as a strong character I can't imagine him eating shit from the board either - just doesn't add up.

I can only guess maybe we're not spending big because of some pending change in ownership or investment.

Klopp has had a while to get to know these players and to be fair he's fucked off the ones most of us would have binned off, he just hasn't replaced them. For someone who likes to play high intensity football he must know how dangerous that is, but as a strong character I can't imagine him eating shit from the board either - just doesn't add up.

We spent 70 million and the only player he didn't manage to get was a back up left back.

Happy with Mane. Happy with binning off a load of dead wood.

Haven't seen enough (or any) competitive minutes from karius, matip or grujic. They might turn out to be world beaters, or more deadwood, or maybe just okay. I know where the odds lie.

Wijnaldum? Dunno about that one. He gets the benefit of the doubt for the season though.

A decent transfer window, just not very ambitious, especially considering the TV money knocking about.

The proof of the pudding will be in the eating. On the evidence so far we are better than (an understrength) Arsenal, better than Spurs and, despite the result, better than Burnley.

I expect us to beat Leicester before another benchmark against Chelsea.

Much to early to bin CL ambitions IMO

Extremely disappointed window, and one which I thought may see us for once go after top quality as this was effectively Klopp's first major window (I'll exclude Jan for now which was also shit).  But no, same old. Can't or won't compete.

Just becasue we binned a load of garbage doesn't make it good.  How does that add to the team?  That's only beneficial from an accountants perspective.

We're now reliant on Klopp to pull off a miracle.  Some seem to suggest that Klopp is happy with his lot.  Just becasue he doesn't go slagging off his employers in public doesn't necessarily mean he's satisfied at having to shove Milner into LB or having no better options at DM.

This may be the owners payback for those pesky protests around the proposed price rises last season re the main stand.  Where's the TV money John Boy?

Or maybe they'e trimming the costs ahead of a sale, who knows.

• Upvote 2

I honestly think this window has been a reflection of Klopp rather than the owners (the framework he knew he'd be working within notwithstanding). He's trimmed the squad massively, and backs his own ability as a coach to get the best out of the players he has. The fact we never even sniffed at a DM is hard to hold against FSG.

Could go either way. Supremely talented but also lazy/inconsistent and has little end product. Real boom or bust signing. Porto fans don't think he's all that great, really.

He's also 28 yrs old. So if he doesn't hit the ground running that's 30M+ wasted. Could be another Vardy though. Will never get their money back on him. gamble worth taking?

Just becasue we binned a load of garbage doesn't make it good. How does that add to the team? That's only beneficial from an accountants perspective.

Exactly. Everybody here celebrating about all the deadwood we got rid of - what material difference would we have seen on the pitch if they were still here?

People are acting as if it's fucking hard to get rid of players like Balotelli for free. I could have fucking done that in my lunch hour. There isn't one player we have sold that's made me think "wow, we've really gotten the better part of the deal here", especially given the context of the money flying about this summer.

It's been an utterly shit window. Whether it was FSG or Klopp I don't particularly care, because they are both as culpable as each other for not pulling the other up on it.

Either the club is full of morons or our fanbase is for believing they actually want to compete for honors.

So we leave the window with an arguably weaker midfield & defence than we entered with. 98 goals conceded in the previous 2 seasons; 6 goals conceded so far this season. Any time we come under the cosh in games, we're expecting a midfield trio of attacking midfielders and a defence that may feature James Milner to keep the opposition out. An injury to Clyne, presumably Henderson goes to right back; an injury to Moreno, the de facto left back at the club is a 30 year old right midfielder. With Sakho in shackles, we have the prospect of Lucas popping up at the back again over the season.

£100 million received in television money. Another £70 million plus in player sales. Where's it all gone?

So we leave the window with an arguably weaker midfield & defence than we entered with. 98 goals conceded in the previous 2 seasons; 6 goals conceded so far this season. Any time we come under the cosh in games, we're expecting a midfield trio of attacking midfielders and a defence that may feature James Milner to keep the opposition out. An injury to Clyne, presumably Henderson goes to right back; an injury to Moreno, the de facto left back at the club is a 30 year old right midfielder. With Sakho in shackles, we have the prospect of Lucas popping up at the back again over the season.

£100 million received in television money. Another £70 million plus in player sales. Where's it all gone?

Tempting to say it has gone into the Main Stand, but if that opens without being named after Kenny then I'd be surprised if there wasn't sponsorship around the corner to cover much of its costs.

Long term with Klopp innit. He'll over a period of years to build the squad. Inbed what he already has with his new signings and then build over a period of time. That's in contrast to how things are done these days with the Manc clubs and Chelsea - need a striker? Buy the most expensive well known one you can find whatever the price. The sooner you come to the realisation that this is the Liverpool way now the easier it will be for you.

Extremely disappointed window, and one which I thought may see us for once go after top quality as this was effectively Klopp's first major window (I'll exclude Jan for now which was also shit).  But no, same old. Can't or won't compete.

Just becasue we binned a load of garbage doesn't make it good.  How does that add to the team?  That's only beneficial from an accountants perspective.

We're now reliant on Klopp to pull off a miracle.  Some seem to suggest that Klopp is happy with his lot.  Just becasue he doesn't go slagging off his employers in public doesn't necessarily mean he's satisfied at having to shove Milner into LB or having no better options at DM.

This may be the owners payback for those pesky protests around the proposed price rises last season re the main stand.  Where's the TV money John Boy?

Or maybe they'e trimming the costs ahead of a sale, who knows.

Binning a load of trash doesnt make it a bad window either.

We've brought in Mane, Karius and Matip plus others. Apart from a left back and if we had brought one in, I wonder if the view that its not been a good window would be substantially changed?

The fact is we got rid of a load of rubbish and got a good wad of cash for them which is something we dont normally do. That cash could easily be used in January or more likely the next summer window. Of course some will say it wont, the owners will trouser it but they tend to be the anti FSG mob anyway.

Sure Im disappointed Klopp didnt bring in a left back. Other than that, Im not throwing my toys out the pram. Its going t take Klopp more than 1 summer window.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Underwhelmed by this window, missing players in a few positions and still not a single leader in the squad

Being massively cheered up by the civil war on GOT though. Esk is closing threads that calls him out for the shite he's talked all summer, no one believes in Moshiri anymore and that dockside stadium is now a hope rather than a definite