You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transfers summer 2016

It's fucking mental. Sakho was a key component in almost every one of our solid defensive displays last season, he covered for Moreno like no one else on our squad can and formed a really impressive partnership with Lovren. He's our best centre back. Why is he being forced out?

You genuinely can't think of a possible reason? Seriously?

I'm sure I've read it somewhere but isn't the whole drug issue still not fully resolved? Plus, how can you actually rely on a player who has gone out, without the club's knowledge or consent, and pumped his system full of a substance which is firmly in a grey area. I think people are just a bit peeved about our start and now have found something else to beat the club with. Sakho is pretty fortunate that he hasn't been sacked in all honesty.

The whole drug thing followed by poor behaviour on a tour he only went on for team building as he was injured. Pretty clear he has upset the manager. Madness if he is not replaced which he won't be. As for a loan who will be coming in at his wages with the attitude problems he apparently has and obviously his injury record.

I think people are just a bit peeved about our start and now have found something else to beat the club with. 

I think people consider Sakho to be a decent bloke and a more than decent player who has fucked up but nevertheless deserves another chance rather than get forced out. Well, that's what I for one think anyway.

• Upvote 6

It's the wage bill, that's all FSG care about.

But we still spread about £500k+ per week around 7 shit players while our rivals will give that to 3 worldies . We've been saying for god knows how long that this has to stop yet we get worse every year.

We've spent loads of money over the years, it's just that we'd rather have the ready made " can't compete financially" excuse waiting for the annual November collapse. Then we all live in hope that we'll correct it in January, do nothing and go and buy another 7 players next summer.

I'm happy we didn't go for any of the players both the mancs went for, but I'd have liked us to go for Kante before Chelsea did considering the impact he had last season and he'd have suited us to a tee.

Playing devil's advocate you could argue that since Sakho doesn't actually seem to have contravened any rules, it was the club that messed up by banning him from games he was actually eligible for, and if Klopp is ready to offload him for being late for meetings twice and a couple of practical jokes , I hope he never has to look after the likes of Gazza or our greatest ever teams from the 70s & 80's.

I thought that it was basically decided that any ban eventually implemented would normally be backdated so LFC & Sakho decided to stop him playing straight away.

I understand we would be very gun shy after the Suarez debacles to be fair.

According to UEFA, Sakho himself asked for the suspension.

Whether he asked for the ban or didn't, behaved like a twat or not we are where we are now.

He's eligible to play and should be given a second chance especially in light of the gaping holes on the left side of our defense.  

I cannot accept that given these circumstances the club couldn't achieve a better outcome than sending Sakho out on loan , effectively ending his career at LFC 

Get Henry on the horn - Magicrat will not accept it.

Fucking love to get a grip of the bloke,

I saw him down in London when he came out into the foyer of the Lawyers offices following their takeover, Sneaked in behind a load of press guys. "We are here to win etc etc". Like to remind of that and a few other things, 

• Upvote 1

I trust in Klopp. I believe in 2-3 years,we will really begin to see the fruits of his work. We need to give him time.

He can't think with his heart like us fans. Yeah we would like to fuck off the likes of Hendo and Moreno, but it would be daft of Jurgen to publicly come out and have a go at them. They along with more than half the squad are not good enough for our club - if jurgen thinks they are,i'm fairly sure it won't be long before he sees otherwise.Having a go at them only reduces transfer value.

In saying that,i'd be seriously happy if we could get a hard bastard like Medel in midfield. I actually think we are not that far away from being a very decent team - Karius and Matip are going to be top class for us.

In the youth and reserves,we have some serious talents (fair enough we always do and they normally end up at Tranmere or somewhere). I'm confident that Woodburn,Ojo,Wilson,Gomes,Ejaria and Masterson can have a future with us.

There is so much to be annoyed about right now. My gut tells me it might be a tough year if Mane and Sturridge miss alot of games. The Mancs could well win another 2 titles before we are even in the mix to challenge. However,i do believe that Jurgen can make us dream again.

He can't think with his heart like us fans. Yeah we would like to fuck off the likes of Hendo and Moreno, but it would be daft of Jurgen to publicly come out and have a go at them. They along with more than half the squad are not good enough for our club - if jurgen thinks they are,i'm fairly sure it won't be long before he sees otherwise.Having a go at them only reduces transfer value.

I don't want him to have a go at them. I want him to sell them. Because they're shite.

Again, can we fuck off with the subjective moralism?

We're ready to fuck off Sakho for not actually breaking any rules, but happy to stand by a captain who was caught on camera physically assaulting somebody?

If he is getting rid of Sakho it has fuck all to do with the doping allegation he was cleared for.

The wage bill increases in line with our revenue. What's the point in loaning out one of best centre backs if it's not to lower the wage bill?

Because the manager wants too and he's had well documented issues this summer that, for a manager who places emphasis on teamwork, doesn't gel with what Klopp is trying to achieve.

There was also plenty of oppertunity to lower the wage bill which they haven't done once.

Extending the metaphor, we make jokes about a certain poster being a pirate on here but his hatred for our owners isn't as misplaced as some make out. Fuck FSG. They've flourished in the shadows of the two yank cunts that preceded them, but when you start to shine a light on them, it's obvious they cast just as many shadows themselves. One of the richest clubs in the world, with tickets prices placing them in the top four, out the arsehole with corporate sponsorships after being whored out...and yet, being outspent by the likes of Stoke fucking City.

The profit Nightcat; peace be upon him.

Predicted Suarez would be sold no replacement. Gerrard would leave no replacement and some of our higher paid players would be forced out. He warned of a low netspend in the new crazy tv markets; he looks right again sadly. People laughed at him when he named Sakho to leave only two months back. He was right again.

It seems as soon as we knew yesterday his verdict wouldn't be challenged and we could get him off the wage bill. We were offering him to Sunderland and making the press aware of his availability. This summer seems to be the clearest case of hedgefundism along with some other windows.

• Upvote 3