You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transfers summer 2016

Peak Villa fanbase:cad9f88dec44e94d3221c6cbe88e6a45.jpg

Laughing all the way to the Championship.

Fucking helmets.

They've still got Joleon Lescott on the books mind and they have the temerity to laugh at other people's misfortune . " People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones" spring's to mind .

Arsenal trying to sign Johnny Evans ? That's gotta be a joke right .

They've gone from trying to sign Mahrez to chasing Evans . No way !!!!

It would be like swapping Beyonce with Susan Boyle (whatever's happened to her btw ?)

Wenger is gonna lose the plot this season and he's gonna end up sleeping rough on the streets of N London in his parka coat , mark my words and end up looking like Rory Mcgrath .

• Upvote 1

Arsenal trying to sign Johnny Evans ? That's gotta be a joke right .

They've gone from trying to sign Mahrez to chasing Evans . No way !!!!

It would be like swapping Beyonce with Susan Boyle (whatever's happened to her btw ?)

Wenger is gonna lose the plot this season and he's gonna end up sleeping rough on the streets of N London in his parka coat , mark my words and end up looking like Rory Mcgrath .

197a9j.jpg

• Upvote 1

Benteke officially gone. Hope we buy a left back or a DM. Both is a pipe dream. To be honest one is a pipe dream at this stage.

Happy enough with the window, LB aside, but that's a pretty glaring oversight IMO. He's guaranteed to cost us goals regularly barring a miracle.

Can blame Klopp or the club for not being able to flush Balotelli. He's a bad floater. Try and shift him or pay him off but he likely won't play again so having a turd shaped ghost hanging around is doing no one any favours.

Good work getting the £32m. I thought we should have dealt at £27m last month and I was wrong. We've done very well receiving the fees we have this summer, and it's part of an encouraging pattern over the past 2-3 years.

The days of getting 8m for Owen are behind us.

As long as we're selling to English clubs who are all awash with cash we're laughing when it comes to shifting players. It's dealing with foreign clubs who are all fucking skint that we struggle to recoup any sort of meaningful fee.

If we're loaning players out with a view to selling them we're better off sending them to the Championship than abroad. It's alright Aspas, Alberto, Suso, Illori etc doing well on loan in La Liga but if they're not good enough for the top 3 and none of the others have got a pot to piss in then we're never gonna shift the cunts.

It will be interesting to see whether he ever reproduces his Villa form for Palace, he certainly didn't do it for us. There was always a question mark over him after he ruptured his achilles tendon before the 14/15 season. He was so static and passive last season, we've done very well to get most of our money back, we won't be doing that with Balotelli and Markovic.

I start to think about Vardy, and how close Arsenal were to getting him for £30m, and I'm tempted to say he should be our priority.

Has the pace of Mane, aggressive, energetic, I think he could be the pacy safety blanket we need, and offer goals at a time we have question marks over ALL our strikers.

• Upvote 1

Good work getting the £32m. I thought we should have dealt at £27m last month and I was wrong. We've done very well receiving the fees we have this summer, and it's part of an encouraging pattern over the past 2-3 years.

The days of getting 8m for Owen are behind us.

Yeah well happy with that money.

Even happier than I wont see it get invested in a player worth his salt.

My mate suggested we keep buying attacking players because you can make more potential profit or at least break even if they flop. In other words they are obsessed about each player as an asset.

Even by my standards I thought it was bullshit. He said something like they have a spreadsheet and there is no value in defensive midfielders or fullbacks.

Now prove him wrong and splash the cash on unsexy players who form part of a winning team you hedgefund cunts.

• Upvote 1