You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transfers summer 2016

I havent seen that much of Dahoud to be fussed about potentially signing him. I always thought Xhaka was the one we should get from that side, which is too late now. Anyway having signed Wijnaldum i doubt we have any interest there now.

Hector would be a massive upgrade on Moreno, simply because of the fact he can position himself defensively.

Seems like we have had a problem with left backs for almost as long as i can remember. How many players have we used there over the last 20 or so years? Harkness, Bjornebye, Staunton, Matteo, Carra, Traore, Riise, Dossena, then Aurelio who was really fucking good, but all his cells were infested with aids so he was injured all the time, Enrique, Cissokho, Gomez, Moreno?

We've signed a left back......for the reserves.

#LFC to sign former Barcelona LB Juanma but he is not considered a first-team option at present. (Neil Jones - Echo)

When you consider what we have as first team options at lb it makes you wonder just how bad this lad must be to not be an option for the first team.

Seems like we have had a problem with left backs for almost as long as i can remember. How many players have we used there over the last 20 or so years? Harkness, Bjornebye, Staunton, Matteo, Carra, Traore, Riise, Dossena, then Aurelio who was really fucking good, but all his cells were infested with aids so he was injured all the time, Enrique, Cissokho, Gomez, Moreno?

I like Enrique for the first two years - good defender.  The last two he offered fuck all.

I read that Klavan used to play LB.  Maybe he's an option, with Matip being able to partner Lovren?

Obviously I hope we sign someone, thinking more this weekend, so we don't have to see Moreno.

I havent seen that much of Dahoud to be fussed about potentially signing him. I always thought Xhaka was the one we should get from that side, which is too late now. Anyway having signed Wijnaldum i doubt we have any interest there now.

Hector would be a massive upgrade on Moreno, simply because of the fact he can position himself defensively.

Rob Jones

Just read an article in the Manchester Evening News on the train home. Apparently Liverpool are fuming because we can't sign top players anymore and all the ex players and managers criticising are all bitter. Oh and Mourinho is ace because he stopped Liverpool winning the title in 2014. Sounds like it was written by some fat manc who sings Hillsborough songs.

If that Dahoud clause is true then why are BMG holding back on selling him now, if when we sell Benteke we went in with a £25m offer they in theory unless they think he'll sign a new deal before next summer, snap our hands off. €10m next summer or £25m now? We could effectively get Hector and Dahoud now for about £20m more than Benteke and we still wouldn't have spent much compared to other teams.

If I'm right, BMG simply won't sell him because Arsenal got in there first with Xhaka and they don't want to lose all of their midfield.

Just read an article in the Manchester Evening News on the train home. Apparently Liverpool are fuming because we can't sign top players anymore and all the ex players and managers criticising are all bitter. Oh and Mourinho is ace because he stopped Liverpool winning the title in 2014. Sounds like it was written by some fat manc who sings Hillsborough songs.

Red cafe in print.