You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transfers summer 2016

Goodness. He's meant to be the awesome too.

So Sane and Gabigol for about the same price as Wijnaldum and Mane... Hmmmm... Hope Klopp and the committee really know what they're doing.

Meant to be awesome? Lulz.

That post makes no sense whatsoever. Potential vs impact signings much?

City knew what they were doing when they paid 50m for Sterling didn't they.

Errrr... Yeah sure.. Except I said nothing about Sterling there didn't I?

Well Draxler isn't moving this window.

"VfL Wolfsburg wish to make it absolutely clear that at no time did those responsible at the club make either written nor oral commitments on the transfer of Julian Draxler within the current transfer period, which is due to end on August 31st, 2016. This is reiterated by a contractual release clause agreed upon with Julian Draxler and his management, which does not come into effect until summer 2017.

VfL Wolfsburg will not be selling Julian Draxler during the course of the current transfer period."

Not to mention he doesn't even know who Gabriel Jesus is given he thought it was Gabigol.

• Upvote 1

If only a world renowned manager with a history of success who sees the players day in day out has specific ideas on how he wants to play and what he needs to make that happen had the benefit of the expertise of someone who has no more information on the club than having watched games from the stands/armchair.

I desperately hope you are right, Cardie.

No I meant the Sane vs Mane part.

That Sterling comment was added because your post implied City know what they are doing by definition.

He was certainly overpriced, but he could turn out to be a good signing still.

I never claimed they were excellent at transfers. I'm judging these transfers independently, and I got it wrong anyways.. Got the wrong Brazilian Gabriel. Didn't know there was another one.

I mean, just for a start:

Sissoko > Cole > Poulson.

Also, you're using a player we haven't signed as a stick to beat the 'club/manager'.

You're weird.

The point is then there was actually a strategy and fans could understand what was happening, Cole was signed to help unlock defences and Poulsen was a replacement for the dm leaving.Back then you could see a scenario where we could achieve our aims, right now we are not addressing weak areas which have cost us for years and will continue to do so.

We also were beating top teams to players and they did look potentially world class to some (before anyone takes the piss that's a fact and I could bring up quotes about Cole), now the players we are signing makes it look like 5th will be a good season.

• Downvote 3

Like any signing - there are no guarantees. Best part of 40m is a lot to pay for someone who's never set foot in the PL though.

City have bought plenty of duds recently (or haven't managed to used them well). I expect they'll continue in the same manner. 1 dud, 1 average and 1 decent in every 3 buys.

You dropped a couple of fifties there, mate.

The point is then there was actually a strategy and fans could understand what was happening, Cole was signed to help unlock defences and Poulsen was a replacement for the dm leaving.Back then you could see a scenario where we could achieve our aims, right now we are not addressing weak areas which have cost us for years and will continue to do so.

We also were beating top teams to players and they did look potentially world class to some (before anyone takes the piss that's a fact and I could bring up quotes about Cole), now the players we are signing makes it look like 5th will be a good season.

which potentially world class players were we beating top teams to?

you need to get over your fixation with Brendan, he was a very poor manager that got lucky having the best player in the world that one season coupled with others playing above their ability, sterling being the case in point.

the you start harping back to rafa, i love the man for what he did, he made us relevant again, but i would not go back there, the football was mostly shite, pragmatic safety first approach.

Lets just see how things pan out this season before we cast dispersion's on the players bought and football played.

I'd play custard creams out wide, with Chocolate Hobnobs in a holding position in the centre of the park. I'd leave Malted milk in the hole just behind the Jammy Dodgers up front.

I'd go with the Party Ring up front. Like Sturridge, there's a chance it could be broken before you open the packet, but it brings something different to the table. 

The Jammy Dodger is Danny Ings, all heart but doesn't sit well alongside proper top class biscuits.

Pink Wafer (Markovic) will go on loan though.

• Upvote 1

Thanks to Bert for proving what I've said all along, I do not bring up Rodgers but people assume I am talking about him and make points which sometimes I reply to.

As for Kosma, anyone trying to say I'm a bad fan who was on here during Rodgers last full season is taking the piss and is a hypocrite.There was only a few on here who were good fans and I was one of them, I've never asked for Klopp to be sacked and have said even if he fails this season I wouldn't want him sacked.

This summer window has been far from inspiring and I honestly can't remember a window where my expectations have been so low, Rodgers first summer window wasn't great either but atleast you could see he was trying to address weaknesses.

That's my point and not a prediction about the season, no Europe and if Sturridge stays fit who knows.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

If Markovic does go out on loan then it should be to a bunch of shitcunts like Wigan, Rochdale or Oldham, where it'll be freezing and fucking pissing down all season long.

No cushy numbers, piss the ponce off and get him (and his shitbag agent) to shake a fucking leg and manufacture a permanent move somewhere.

Thanks to Bert for proving what I've said all along, I do not bring up Rodgers but people assume I am talking about him and make points which sometimes I reply to.

As for Kosma, anyone trying to say I'm a bad fan who was on here during Rodgers last full season is taking the piss and is a hypocrite.There was only a few on here who were good fans and I was one of them, I've never asked for Klopp to be sacked and have said even if he fails this season I wouldn't want him sacked.

This summer window has been far from inspiring and I honestly can't remember a window where my expectations have been so low, Rodgers first summer window wasn't great either but atleast you could see he was trying to address weaknesses.

That's my point and not a prediction about the season, no Europe and if Sturridge stays fit who knows.

No offence JP, I like you and all, but you've got the memory of an ageing prize fighter who's taken one too many shots to the head.

You said if Rodgers was sacked, you'd stop supporting the club.

You also said you hoped we'd be shit and it was what we'd deserve.

Hardly badge-kissing full kit superfan credentials, though I'm sure you have no recollection of saying anything of the sort.

• Upvote 1

If Markovic does go out on loan then it should be to a bunch of shitcunts like Wigan, Rochdale or Oldham, where it'll be freezing and fucking pissing down all season long.

No cushy numbers, piss the ponce off and get him (and his shitbag agent) to shake a fucking leg and manufacture a permanent move somewhere.

He needs to be fucked off to Tibet and trained by Ra's al Ghul to toughen him up.