You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transfers summer 2016

Did we replace Mignolet in January, or sell him this summer? He even extended his contract under Klopp.

Karius sounds like a prospect from all the Bundesliga watchers on here, but shit as Mignolet is, he is the one with three seasons of experience at a top club plus international experience. Karius is untried at the best level, if we are that. He may be ace, he may not be.

I guess that's one way of looking at it.

The way I see it, he's proved over several seasons he's not good enough. 

Jurgen Klopp looks set to miss out on major summer target Ben Chilwell, who is ready to snub a move and sign a new deal with champions Leicester City instead, according to reports.

The German coach is believed to have identified the England Under-20 international as his preferred choice at left-back in January and authorised a £7 million offer this summer.

But The Telegraph report that Chilwell is on the verge of signing a new five-year deal to remain at Leicester, despite the interest from the Reds.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2016/07/22/ben-chilwell-rejects-liverpool-to-stay-at-leicester-city-6023483/#ixzz4FAYLpIEi

Did a Leicester City player, LEICESTER CITY, use us as leverage for a new deal and probably more appearances thrown in aswell. Before someone says "but they are the champions" that was a freak season and they'll be back to lower to mid table again soon. It's a sad and depressing time if we're being used by Leicesters agents to get what they want.

Was playing FM earlier and saw that Klavan was quick and could play LB. Add Smith, Gomez and Clyne if we're absolutely desperate and I honestly don't see us buying another LB this summer.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if our business is done with completely tbh. A fair few will go and maybe that will change things, but I think that's it for first team signings.

Just saw that Villa's new owner has said that Amavi is definitely staying which is a big shame. He's much too good for the Championship.

I would have liked us to go for Amavi, but Willems could be a great alternative at left back. Only one year left on his deal as well.

Did a Leicester City player, LEICESTER CITY, use us as leverage for a new deal and probably more appearances thrown in aswell. Before someone says "but they are the champions" that was a freak season and they'll be back to lower to mid table again soon. It's a sad and depressing time if we're being used by Leicesters agents to get what they want.

But they are the champions !

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Amavi still needs more development. If he pulls through a season in the championship and still looks a prospect then he's worth a punt. Still raw but undoubtedly talented.

Yeah he's still young and the championship is a great league for young players to develop and toughen up, but I think he would already be good enough for a big club as it is. I don't think there is another fullback in the Premier League who can do the things he can do attacking wise. He's played 10 games total for Villa and been man of the match in 3 of them. For me, he is an amazing talent and I would go all out to try to sign him.

It's almost like our summer transfers are a perpetual Ball Ache, if only someone had started a thread with that title. They missed a trick there.

and nobody as mentioned anything about net spending yet .......oh shit 

Karius

Gotze

Dahoud

Zielinski

Chilwell

Started well.

To be fair im quite happy with our business so far, I'd rather wjinaldum to zelinski, mane is more of what we need than goetze was. We've also added much more pace and experience at the back in matip and klavan.

I'd have like more of a destroyer in midfield to come in and competition at left back. We might do the latter but overall I feel better about the squad than last year.

It's obvious we need much more investment if we want to challenge but we won't get that with our owners so for now we have to take incremental improvemts and box clever

Right now we could field four teams and play a mini tournament against ourselves.

Team I: Karius, Moreno, Lovren, Matip, Clyne, Wijnaldum, Can, Mane, Coutinho, Firmino, Sturridge

Team II: Mignolet, Flanagan, Sakho, Klavan, Randall, Milner, Henderson, Ojo, Grujic, Lallana, Origi

Team III: Manninger, Gomez, Illori, Wisdom, Allen, Chirivella, Markovic, Alberto, Kent, Ings, Benteke

Team IV: Ward, Smith, Jones, Lucas, Trent-Alexander, Dunn, Stewart, Brannagan, Ejaria, Balotelli, Woodburn
  • Upvote 1

Tanita Tikaram, imminent.

Right now we could field four teams and play a mini tournament against ourselves.

Team I: Karius, Moreno, Lovren, Matip, Clyne, Wijnaldum, Can, Mane, Coutinho, Firmino, Sturridge

Team II: Mignolet, Flanagan, Sakho, Klavan, Randall, Milner, Henderson, Ojo, Grujic, Lallana, Origi

Team III: Manninger, Gomez, Illori, Wisdom, Allen, Chirivella, Markovic, Alberto, Kent, Ings, Benteke

Team IV: Ward, Smith, Jones, Lucas, Trent-Alexander, Dunn, Stewart, Brannagan, Ejaria, Balotelli, Woodburn

and the Final table would look like this

Team IV points 9

Team II points 5

Team III points 3

Team I points 1

• Upvote 1

Tanita Tikaram, imminent.

and the Final table would look like this

Team IV points 9

Team II points 5

Team III points 3

Team I points 1

Towards the end of last season we played a second string and kids in the league as we concentrated on EL.

As far as I remember their results were as good as, if not better than, the regular first team.

Seeing that Balotelis agent, Mino Raiola, stands to make a bit less than 20 million if Pogba moves to Utd (or anywhere), I can't see him putting too much effort in finding Mario a new gig.

Maybe he can use that money to sign him for himself?