You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fleetwood v Liverpool

Arl arse

I like playing North West teams as pre season friendlies.  Gives the fans a chance to see the team, opens us up to new fan bases, pumps a bit of money into these clubs who may well return the favour with a promising youngster or two some time down the line.

Rather play Fleetwood, Tranmere and Wigan than some random noggies. 

• Upvote 2

Id rather the whole preseason was in the north west,scotland, ireland and then a small tour in Scandinavia,Germany/Austria/Switzerland than these halfway across the world. Never going to happen with the money involved though. Unless they could get the likes of Dortmund,Ajax, Schalke involved

I know it was only Fleetwood, but it was impressive for large parts.

We might have hit 15 if we had a semi-decent forward, because Ings looked like he was walking in treacle. Pre-season obviously taking a lot out of him, which is understandable after his lay-off.

Also clear to see that Moreno and Mane were bossing their flank, so everything came down that side, whereas Flanno and Markovic weren't getting any joy. With Clyne and Markovic or Origi or Ojo you'd think we'd do some damage.

Because so much came down the left, we didn't see much of Matip as right CB either.

I bet Can is worrying a bit about Grujic, because for me they look like a similar sort of player, and we can't be having one-paced players in the middle together.

Would like to see:

-----------------------KARIUS-------------------------

CLYNE-------MATIP-----------------LOVREN---------MORENO

-----------------------NEW DM--------------------------

ORIGI----------GRUJIC-----------COUTINHO---------MANE

----------------------STURRIDGE-----------------------

Either side of the field is a mirror of the other, with a pacy wingback, a pacy winger, and a playmaker to link things.

I think the new DM has to have a motor on him, to be able to put out fires early and get across to cover people. Like Mascherano in his pomp.

Also need to think about a deputy for Mane, because we have Ojo on the other side, though maybe Kent feels like he can have a go at it.

I know it was only Fleetwood, but it was impressive for large parts.

We might have hit 15 if we had a semi-decent forward, because Ings looked like he was walking in treacle. Pre-season obviously taking a lot out of him, which is understandable after his lay-off.

Also clear to see that Moreno and Mane were bossing their flank, so everything came down that side, whereas Flanno and Markovic weren't getting any joy. With Clyne and Markovic or Origi or Ojo you'd think we'd do some damage.

Because so much came down the left, we didn't see much of Matip as right CB either.

I bet Can is worrying a bit about Grujic, because for me they look like a similar sort of player, and we can't be having one-paced players in the middle together.

Would like to see:

-----------------------KARIUS-------------------------

CLYNE-------MATIP-----------------LOVREN---------MORENO

-----------------------NEW DM--------------------------

ORIGI----------GRUJIC-----------COUTINHO---------MANE

----------------------STURRIDGE-----------------------

Either side of the field is a mirror of the other, with a pacy wingback, a pacy winger, and a playmaker to link things.

I think the new DM has to have a motor on him, to be able to put out fires early and get across to cover people. Like Mascherano in his pomp.

Also need to think about a deputy for Mane, because we have Ojo on the other side, though maybe Kent feels like he can have a go at it.

A lad who has just been the euros and played in the final is going to shit himself about a lad making his debut against Fleetwood,as it really come this oh fuck.